Confirmed with Link: 23-24 AHL deals: Kinal, Vincent, Frisch, MacEachern, Marek, Warm, Cassels, Rau, Bellerive; Duganne (Bailey, Kaspick)

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
I guess signings are slowly going to trickle out, but...

As far as our late season PTOs go, I liked Frisch and I liked Burke. Vincent and Kinal didn't really move the needle much for me, I was very "meh" on both and a little surprised we're keeping them even as depth.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

In his notes, Nollenberger says Frisch, Vincent and Kinal are the only three players signed to AHL deals with the Barracuda for the upcoming year.

So if that's true, anyone who had been playing on an AHL-only contract last season is no longer with with the team (unless we re-sign them, of course). That would be: Luke Johnson, Patrick Sieloff, Montana Onyebuchi, Patrick Holway, Will Riedell, Darren Brady, Billy Constantinou.

Just worth mentioning because the AHL deals we sign are often very nebulous, so it's good to have some clarification.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

In his notes, Nollenberger says Frisch, Vincent and Kinal are the only three players signed to AHL deals with the Barracuda for the upcoming year.

So if that's true, anyone who had been playing on an AHL-only contract last season is no longer with with the team (unless we re-sign them, of course). That would be: Luke Johnson, Patrick Sieloff, Montana Onyebuchi, Patrick Holway, Will Riedell, Darren Brady, Billy Constantinou.

Just worth mentioning because the AHL deals we sign are often very nebulous, so it's good to have some clarification.
Any of those very big losses?

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Any of those very big losses?

Nah. Darren Brady I thought did fine for us, but we now have a ton of defensemen, so yeah. Sieloff seemed to be a good veteran presence.

Luke Johnson was a guy that McCarthy leaned on in a lot of situations early last season (key faceoffs, PK, etc), but he seemed to decline as the season was going. We'll probably sign a veteran center to replace him.

Really only thought it was worth mentioning because the Cuda have a habit of announcing we've signed someone, but not for how long, i.e. I had no idea Holway had been signed for a second season until he started showing up on our preseason camp lists last year. Clean slate this time around, it looks like.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
I read Nollenberger's blog as those are the only guys signed to date.

It may be that none of the AHL SPC guys are signed, nor any of the ATO guys signed late season.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Hobo, I didn’t see this kid play. What is your idea on this signing??

Yeah, I didn't get to see him either. He joined the team for the last few games after I'd already left for the year.

Small guy, listed at 5'9". 4 games, 0 points.

I think the only tryouts that joined the team at the end of the year that haven't signed on with us yet for 23-24 are Gresock and Burke. I'm surprised how many of these guys we're signing, it's very unusual.

Arvid Henrikson is not returning, he quietly signed in Sweden with Västervik last month.

Last edited:

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Yeah, I didn't get to see him either. He joined the team for the last few games after I'd already left for the year.

Small guy, listed at 5'9". 4 games, 0 points.

I think the only tryouts that joined the team at the end of the year that haven't signed on with us yet for 23-24 are Gresock and Burke. I'm surprised how many of these guys we're signing, it's very unusual.

Arvid Henrikson is not returning, he quietly signed in Sweden with Västervik last month.
It's weird that Burke hasn't signed yet. He had the best audition of the group

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad