50 years ago today a 67-year-old woman steals the Stanley Cup

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Bring the pain Fenway!
@sooshii A few years ago an intern for the New York Yankees was horrified that Kate Smith recorded this song in 1931

She went on social media and the Yankees stopped playing her version of God Bless America and then Comcast who owns the Flyers banned her as well.

But it is imperative to document that the most popular Negro ( African-American/ Black ) singer in 1931 ALSO RECORDED THE SONG.

:banghead:

Reactions: sooshii

ae530

Mar 22, 2024
Me too. That game 6, more than any other heart breaking loss hit me the most. To this day I remember exactly where I was watching, what i was wearing and what i had to eat.
Art Skov blew that late penalty call on Orr and to this day I have a hate on for the Philadelphia Flyers. The broad street bullies could not out muscle the Bruins so Bill Barber would dive every time a Bruin came near him

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Art Skov blew that late penalty call on Orr and to this day I have a hate on for the Philadelphia Flyers. The broad street bullies could not out muscle the Bruins so Bill Barber would dive every time a Bruin came near him

Art Skov was the Flyers referee of choice.

Reactions: DominicT

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Don't forget the Phil Esposito skate issue. If only they just had to replace the blades like they do today.

Reactions: bbfan419

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad