All-Purpose News Thread Part II

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Oh come on, that was clearly done as a comedy routine AT A COMEDY SHOW. :laugh: STOP WORKING YOURSELF INTO A SHOOT YOU CAN'T WORK YOURSELF OUT OF. :laugh:
No sh*t Sherlock - I know it was done at a comedy show. I was the one that posted the freaking video. My point was that everything Knoxville did to Zayn would make much more sense if Zayn was still a heel. :nod:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
No sh*t Sherlock - I know it was done at a comedy show. I was the one that posted the freaking video. My point was that everything Knoxville did to Zayn would make much more sense if Zayn was still a heel. :nod:
speechless.gif

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Crazy...AEW has a huge list but this is equally huge

Current full WWE injury list

Drew McIntyre
Charlotte Flair
Rhea Ripley
CM Punk
Seth Rollins
Jimmy Uso
Bobby Lashley
Asuka
Raquel Rodriguez
Dominik Mysterio
Nikkita Lyons
Erik
Sonya Deville
Shotzi
Cora Jade
Big E

Out of action

Alexa Bliss
Carmella

• Wow
Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Asuka confirmed she is taking time off to take care of a knee injury

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023

Drew McIntyre
Charlotte Flair
Rhea Ripley
CM Punk
Seth Rollins
Jimmy Uso
Bobby Lashley
Asuka
Raquel Rodriguez
Dominik Mysterio
Nikkita Lyons
Erik
Sonya Deville
Shotzi
Cora Jade
Big E

Out of action

Alexa Bliss
Carmella

I dunno that I'd include Alexa/Carmella/Raquel/Big E.

Two out due to pregnancy, one due to illness, and it's kinda apparent that Big E's career is over. At least unless and until he gets the itch and searches for second opinions like Edge, Danielson, etc.

Still a rough list, especially when you've also got Roman off, Brock unavailable, and Rock now gone after playing a big role for a couple months.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
AEW is going to run Collision 5 times, plus ROH's Death Before Dishonor PPV from the same venue, the E-Sports Stadium, in Arlington, Texas in July and August

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Interesting. I wonder if they have two sets of production trucks for the stage, ring and all of the equipment or only one because if they have two then those trucks are parked somewhere local for the trips to the arena instead of weekly transportation costs. With the small Collision crowds maybe the potential in lost ticket sales of hitting five different markets versus what tickets they may sell for these five shows is a marginal loss of revenue at least partially offset by other cost savings. As someone suggested, maybe they were paid or offered cheap or free venue rental. Far too many unknowns, it is an interesting turn of events, but also a potentially scary turn of events. We'll have to see how it plays out.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
This is from Dynamite, I think running one venue for multiple weeks is probably the right call considering they are probably hurting in ticket sales. Less travel means less cost.

1715895825443.png

• Wow

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Running the same venue also saturates the market. How many people gonna go to all 6 shows?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Drew McIntyre
Charlotte Flair
Rhea Ripley
CM Punk
Seth Rollins
Jimmy Uso
Bobby Lashley
Asuka
Raquel Rodriguez
Dominik Mysterio
Nikkita Lyons
Erik
Sonya Deville
Shotzi
Cora Jade
Big E

Out of action

Alexa Bliss
Carmella

Add Ivar to the list now

• Wow
Reactions: Fro

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
This is from Dynamite, I think running one venue for multiple weeks is probably the right call considering they are probably hurting in ticket sales. Less travel means less cost.

View attachment 871728
I'm sorry but these pictures of the camera section are so f***ing stupid. It's a mix of clickbait and lazy people trying to cause trouble. Yes AEW attendance isn't great and is trending downward however there could be 6000 or more people in some of the buildings they are currently booking and that section would look the same. The photo is meaningless.

edit...I'm not going to make a new reply to this individual however they recently said
"Facts don't lie.

"The May 15th episode of AEW Dynamite emanated from the Winds Arena in Everett, Washington. The venue has maximum capacity of 10,000 but was scaled for 4,076, out of which they managed to sell 3,459 according to WrestleTix."

Great, nothing you just said is incongruent with what I said so there was no need to reply. The true photo that would make AEW look bad would be taken from the empty camera section or a section on that side of the arena closer to the entrance ramp while facing the crowd showing that there are only a handful of sections with people in them that gets emptier as the seating sections go to the behind the net section of the arena.

I said AEW attendance isn't great and trending downward. I also said a photo of limited to no fans in the camera section of the seats is f***ing stupid and meaningless. I said there COULD be 6000 or more people in SOME OF THE BUILDINGS they book and the section with the camera would still be empty. I didn't say there were 6000 people in Everett because that would have been incorrect. I didn't say there could have been 6000 in Everett and the section with the camera would still be empty because I am unfamiliar with the arena.

You didn't give any thoughts to the contrary to my original reply so there was no need for a response.

Last edited:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It's standard practice to relocate people to the hard cam side when attendance is low for basicallg every big wrestling company ever so it's not shocking that it's so empty on that side of the arena.

Their domestic attendance numbers have not been good. There are a lot of factors to it, I belive a bunch that are fixable, but it is the reality right now.

I feel like they do well in Canada though when they don't run the same market multiple shows at once.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It's standard practice to relocate people to the hard cam side when attendance is low for basicallg every big wrestling company ever so it's not shocking that it's so empty on that side of the arena.

Their domestic attendance numbers have not been good. There are a lot of factors to it, I belive a bunch that are fixable, but it is the reality right now.

I feel like they do well in Canada though when they don't run the same market multiple shows at once.
They do fine on the PPV’s.

The building in Everett only holds 8100 for hockey.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
AEW is going to run Collision 5 times, plus ROH's Death Before Dishonor PPV from the same venue, the E-Sports Stadium, in Arlington, Texas in July and August
Here's the official AEW announcement:

AEW Partners With City of Arlington For AEW Path To All In Summer Series At Esports Stadium Arlington Beginning July 20

-- Tickets On Sale Thursday, June 6 Via ETix.com and AEWTix.com --

May 16, 2024 – All Elite Wrestling and the City of Arlington today announced a historic partnership that will feature AEW hosting a summer series of events on the Path To All In from the world class Esports Stadium in Arlington beginning Saturday, July 20.

Esports Stadium Arlington is set to be a hub of cutting-edge wrestling action, hosting a multitude of AEW and Ring of Honor events throughout July and August. The lineup includes TNT’s AEW: Collision, Battle of the Belts and the highly anticipated ROH: Death Before Dishonor pay-per-view event on Friday, July 26.

The Path To All In dates at Esports Stadium Arlington are as follows. Additional Ring of Honor dates will be announced in the near future:

- Saturday, July 20 – AEW: Collision

- Friday, July 26 – ROH: Death Before Dishonor

- Saturday, July 27 – AEW: Collision

- Thursday, August 1 – AEW: Collision (Taped to air Saturday, August 3)

- Saturday, August 10 – AEW: Collision

- Saturday, August 17 – AEW: Collision

Tickets for the Path To All In summer series will go on sale Thursday, June 6 at 10 A.M. CT via ETix.com and AEWTix.com. Fans interested in exclusive pre-sale opportunities can register to become an AEW Insider by visiting allelitewrestling.com/aew-insider.

Esports Stadium Arlington is the largest dedicated esports stadium in North America, making Arlington a global destination for competitive sporting and gaming events.

“We are thrilled to partner with the City of Arlington for AEW’s first-ever events at Esports Stadium. This AEW summer series will add to the rich legacy of major professional wrestling events held in the great state of Texas and serve as the ultimate springboard for AEW: All In London on August 25 at Wembley Stadium,” said AEW CEO, General Manager and Head of Creative Tony Khan. “This partnership would not have been possible without the tireless support of Matt Wilson, Justin Grimsley, the Arlington Sports Commission and City of Arlington teams and of course, our incredibly passionate fanbase throughout Texas.”

“We are honored to team with Tony Khan and All Elite Wrestling for this incredible opportunity,” said Arlington Sports Commission Executive Director Matt Wilson. “The ability to host TNT’s wildly popular AEW: Collision program is another milestone achievement to bring worldwide events to Arlington and shine a global weekly spotlight on our beautiful city.”

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Some stuff out there that WM43 may be at the Toilet Bowl in Atlanta.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad