Around Hockey XXV (All Non-Jackets Hockey Talk Here)

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
We got a hint of that in his short time here and, while I know he made his intentions clear, it still disappoints a little that we couldn’t keep him.

I think he really needed that buyout in Nashville as a slap in the face. So many times in his career he has given not even close to 100%, not even 50%.

The only Matt Duchene I want from 2019 on is the one from this year.

Reactions: Viqsi and Cowumbus

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Members of the best Jackets team ever (defined by playoff success) who are still alive in the NHL playoffs include Panarin, Bobrovsky, Wennberg, and Duchene. Other former Jackets still in the playoffs include Gagner, Cole, and Roslovic. And let’s not forget Jacket’s legend Jonathon Quick. Stenlund played four games in 18-19 so technically he was also a member of the best Jackets team ever.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Watching ESPN game with Bucci and Weekes on the call and was struck by how gawd-awful Weekes was on the color commentary. Threw in a non-ironic “takes a village” comment. Was largely silent and mostly never insightful or interesting. I think Jody on the other hand has been really really good on the national broadcasts.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Watching ESPN game with Bucci and Weekes on the call and was struck by how gawd-awful Weekes was on the color commentary. Threw in a non-ironic “takes a village” comment. Was largely silent and mostly never insightful or interesting. I think Jody on the other hand has been really really good on the national broadcasts.
IMO the ESPN broadcasts are outclassed by TNT and the crews they have. Both the pre-game shows and the announce teams.

Aaaarrgghh

Jul 17, 2022
So Stamkos is not going back to Tampa then? It would have to be a VERY team-friendly deal for him to do so. Or they would have to trade someone like Cirelli or Jeannot, I guess.

EDIT: Damn, this also basically removes a suitor for Provorov at the TDL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad