Around the League 43: Playoff Time- Goodbye Buffalo, Goodbye Yzerplan. And Goodbye Yotes, Welcome Utah.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
True but tor’s defense and goalie situation are ahead of where NJ’s are.
Don't agree. Tor went after "physical defensive guys",

Rielly isn't very good defensively and isnt' as good of a skater any more.
McCabe is a decent defensive defenseman
Brodie has gotten slow, old and injury prone
Liljegren is bad
Giordano has aged poorly.

10 times out of 10 I'd take
Hamilton
Luke Hughes
Nemec
Marino
Siegenthaler.

Goalie, I agree, but I would be shocked if NJ goes into next season with the same goalies.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Not sure about Keefe but Kings fans don't seem too happy with Jim Hiller as their new coach.
Just remember. Most hockey fans, and many Canes fans weren't too happy when the Canes hired RBA.

most of us were wrong;

Best quote of the thread was from Sheriff Bart:

"BD58 hates it, so it must be good."

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Just remember. Most hockey fans, and many Canes fans weren't too happy when the Canes hired RBA.

most of us were wrong;

Best quote of the thread was from Sheriff Bart:

"BD58 hates it, so it must be good."

Lol at that BD58 reference. Still remember him telling me to put it in my pipe and smoke it when I questioned him about Durham being closer to Greensboro than Raleigh :laugh:

Also lol at that HisIceness guy.

3CanesInTheBox

no touch my guys
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
This is a weird matchup for me because I hate the Panthers' players almost more than any other team in the league; and I can’t stand SOME of the Rangers fans that I’ve interacted with almost more than any other fanbase in the league. I don't know. Maybe the world will end mid-series.

ESPN is just a horrible broadcast. Just no emotion behind the calls, no excitement, nothing.

Thank god TNT gets the other series.
Like they're reading a phone book. Just brutal.

Reactions: geehaad

WhiteTiger

Hockey Jesus
May 6, 2014
internationalhockeywiki.com
ESPN in general sucks. Their NBA coverage is garbage too.

That network peaked about 2010, right before FS1 and podcasts started loosening their monopoly grip, but they really went downhill once Stuart Scott died

ESPN does very little well nowadays. NBA and NHL coverage are awful. CBB is a shell of what it was at its peak and CFB GameDay fell off a cliff. The NFL pregame shows suck.

The prime time CFB game crews and MNF with Aikman/Buck are their only bright spots currently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad