Around the League Thread | Conference Final Edition | Go Tanev and Bobby Lu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
I actually don't mind if Oilers gets Lord Stanley, at the very least it will make Buttman's ass crack sweat a little bit.

In any case, I'm gonna be a lame show boater and flex the fruit of my labour:

Six weeks ago

Six days ago

2-3 years of trial and error, as we had not owned a place with a yard/lawn before. 4 hours of mowing, dethatching, aerating, reseeding, fertilizing, and top...soiling. And now I finally have a patch of green that I can be somewhat not ashamed of.

Grass is always greener... looks great.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
Hoping the Rangers win. Hate Tkachuk and will still never cheer for Benn and Seguin. Rangers winning would make the NHL more money especially with the Knicks out which should help increase the cap in the coming years which would in turn help the Canucks.

Reactions: supercanuck

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Not really much interest in the remaining teams, I may check out of the playoffs at this point.

I'm one of the few noted Dallas non-believers/haters. Although I wouldn't mind Tanev winning a Cup. Definitely not going to cheer for the Oilers. Never going to cheer for the New York Fughazis.

Guess that leaves Florida by default. I have a bet on them to win the Cup from near the beginning of the season, so yeah, I guess go Florida. Luongo can get a ring.

Reactions: Vector

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Not really much interest in the remaining teams, I may check out of the playoffs at this point.

I'm one of the few noted Dallas non-believers/haters. Although I wouldn't mind Tanev winning a Cup. Definitely not going to cheer for the Oilers. Never going to cheer for the New York Fughazis.

Guess that leaves Florida by default. I have a bet on them to win the Cup from near the beginning of the season, so yeah, I guess go Florida. Luongo can get a ring.

I'm the other.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I'm the other.
1716317280652.png

Reactions: vanuck and Vector

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
Dallas is Canadian owned and seeing them win the cup would piss off our dipshit owner so I'd be fine with it. I'd be fine with Florida too. I'd even be fine with New York.

Meanwhile, I semi-seriously hope Edmonton is relocated to Houston. Like half of that province wants to leave Canada anyway, let's just expediate the process for them.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Hoping the Rangers win. Hate Tkachuk and will still never cheer for Benn and Seguin. Rangers winning would make the NHL more money especially with the Knicks out which should help increase the cap in the coming years which would in turn help the Canucks.
I think Dallas has basically played a similarly built team in Edm in Colorado and took it to them. Top heavy. I expect the Stars to advance, but like Van, the Stars have struggled on home ice. 2-2 vs LV and 1-2 vs Col. Oly 3-4 at home but 2-1 vs LV and 3-0 vs Col for 5-1 on the road.

On the other side, going to be interesting with NYR and their ability to score vs a goalie who is playing well. That's their biggest challenge.

How is Barkov's hand after that block late in the game vs Boston?

Love to see a Trouba/Bennett hit on each other.

Think it ends up being Dallas and NYR in the Cup finals.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Dallas is Canadian owned and seeing them win the cup would piss off our dipshit owner so I'd be fine with it. I'd be fine with Florida too. I'd even be fine with New York.

Meanwhile, I semi-seriously hope Edmonton is relocated to Houston. Like half of that province wants to leave Canada anyway, let's just expediate the process for them.

I normally wouldn't mind seeing Panthers, but the nepotism of the Campbells is rubbing me the wrong way.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
i'm torn between cheering for gaglardi (to make aqua sad) and cheering for the oilers (i know i know but i think hockey is better when canadian teams have success)
Um...

Edmonton's success does not enrich my life in any way shape or form.

Quite the opposite. City of champions gets another championship? HARD PASS.

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
Dallas is going to smoke Edmonton. They had a hard time with our defensive structure, and they're about to play a team that can play that style while also moving the puck out more efficiently with an insanely deep forward group.

If your team doesn't have top-end talent like the Oilers, the way this Dallas team is constructed is likely the model for where the Canucks need to get to to be a contender. Obviously a lot more difficult when you don't have a Wyatt Johnston level player on a cheap deal, but they're also hamstrung by the Benn/Seguin deals & still making it work.

Also interesting deal by Nashville. Very clearly trying to sell high on McDonagh, had a rough year last year and rebounded with Sbisa + Brunette. Curious what they'll use the cap space on. They're in a very weird in-between stage without top end young talent, but also not in a position to bottom out and get it (management also has shown zero desire to go that way either).

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco

No Canucks fan should ever cheer for Jamie Benn after his comments about the Sedins, sorry. Hope that guy retires a tried-and-true loser.

I don't care who wins this series, as long as they lose in the finals.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
No Canucks fan should ever cheer for Jamie Benn after his comments about the Sedins, sorry. Hope that guy retires a tried-and-true loser.

Or

"Huge betting scandal leads to Edmonton and Dallas being disqualified from the Stanley Cup playoffs. Colorado and Vancouver expected to face off on Thursday."

Last edited:

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA

Dallas might have a shot, but they'd be in tough against either of the East finalists.

Both Shesterkin and Bobrovsky are playing out of their minds right now so they have a massive edge in goal over the teams in the West.

As long as one of those Eastern teams doesn't take any major injuries going into the finals, they should come out on top over either Dallas or Edmonton (looooooooooool).

If I had to put money on it, I'd bet on the Panthers taking the cup this year.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Dallas is going to smoke Edmonton. They had a hard time with our defensive structure, and they're about to play a team that can play that style while also moving the puck out more efficiently with an insanely deep forward group.

Dallas and Edmonton is the Western Conference equivalent of Boston and Toronto.

Historically, Dallas has collectively owned them.

Reactions: mathonwy

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Nash also has a bunch of dead cap from Turris and Duchene buyouts plus the 50% retention on RyJo. It's basically what Minny has been taking the past couple of years at 8 figures. $11.8 mill in dead money next season before RyJo's drops off and Duchene's goes up $1 mill before dropping to $1.5 mill for 3 years.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
i am genuinely curious to see who wins between dallas and the oilers. i don't see either team as a serious contender but face to face it's a tougher call. in theory it should be dallas easily but they really have not impressed me despite the sum of their parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad