Post-Game Talk: Avs 6 - Jets 3, Avs win Series 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dale53130

Nov 10, 2019
Man, I did not see that coming after game one! My thinking was: 'The Jets had their 1 crappy defensive game (and still won) -- now they're going to lock it down and Colorado's in tough.' I was wrong.

I watched only part of game two, so my question is what exactly caused the bed-shatting for Winnipeg's defense?:
-- the goalie
-- the skaters' lack of defensive commitment
-- the coaches' strategy
?
You might appreciate this Panther (nice to see you here btw).

Just rent Friday The 13th, Parts I through V.

We're up 7-4 in game 1, we cut off Pamela Voorhees head. "Phew, the worst is over..." Then Jason comes out of the water (7-6) to let us know that he's around.

And so and so forth, everyone gets slaughtered over the next 4 entries. Jason's too strong.

We didn't know it then, but Hellebuyck turned out to be Kevin Bacon getting his throat slit in the 2nd act of the first movie.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
1714540565742.png

Pirate_Mac.jpg

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Looking at the pre-series prediction thread looks like the only one who got the 4-1 avs result right was @Bigfish , although @King Woodballs predicted Avs in 4 and might argue that that could have been the result. Surprised to see no Avs in 4 vote by @sipowicz in that poll. Maybe Uncle Sip going soft and expecting too much out of the Jets is to blame for this turn of events.

UFO

Mar 14, 2022
Switzerland
You might appreciate this Panther (nice to see you here btw).

Just rent Friday The 13th, Parts I through V.

We're up 7-4 in game 1, we cut off Pamela Voorhees head. "Phew, the worst is over..." Then Jason comes out of the water (7-6) to let us know that he's around.

And so and so forth, everyone gets slaughtered over the next 4 entries. Jason's too strong.

We didn't know it then, but Hellebuyck turned out to be Kevin Bacon getting his throat slit in the 2nd act of the first movie.

Let's hope we will resurrect as Jason just like in part 6 and go on a rampage. Along with great metal music.

Ponds

ꮯꭺꭲꭺꮯꮮꭹꮪꮇ!
Nov 2, 2023
Anacita
It’s not a good look to come in and extend a hand and say “Good series”? I get this or the other guy telling me to f*** off?

I mean…okay, but holy hell. I didn’t come in and spout nonsense, I came to genuinely speak nothing but respectful words.
For the record, I appreciate your post and I don't think you said anything out of line.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Not that it matters much but at least that was a better effort.
Pionk will drag this team to the bottom of the lake.
His weak effort and turning the wrong way caused one goal.
Then of course he tapped one in to slit our throats.

Sportnet spends the second intermission praising Cole Perfetti's game and then our coach essentially benches him for a huge chunk of the game. Why? I thought he was hurt maybe, but obviously he wasn't.

Regular season results (aside from qualifying for the playoffs) means next to nothing.
It's so much easier to beat teams in the regular season that it is in the playoffs.

The team needs to find a balance to integrate our new players effectively.
We have some decent looking young players but if we block their access to playing in the NHL we just increase the chances of their agents being douches and trying to force trades.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Whatever happens their are some young prospects that need to come into camp next year and grab some roster spots that surely will be up for grabs. Two rental spots just opened up tonight and a vet or two might get toe tagged.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Whatever happens their are some young prospects that need to come into camp next year and grab some roster spots that surely will be up for grabs. Two rental spots just opened up tonight and a vet or two might get toe tagged.
11 fwds are under contract and 2 RFAs

Do you really think they will trade out if some vets

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I agree with everything except the Maurice bit. I’m old enough to remember eventual 30g rookie Connor cut out of training camp, Buff getting permanently moved to forward - and it was only several injuries that forced him to change course on both. Matt Hendricks above Perresult in the playoffs Blake Wheeler playing out his 34 and 35 year old seasons getting 23 mins a game while the locker room burns and Laine playing the right point on PP2 and then trying to turn him into a power forward.

On balance, there is a zero percent chance Paul Maurice coaches this roster to 50 plus wins. Bones was completely outcoached and his blind spots were a huge factor in losing the series. His stubbornness on Perfetti, Pionk getting top 4 mins and sticking with 81-55-13 is all-world stupid.
Villardi was the weak link in this game. Both schief and kc I thought were respectable considering the train wreck the team was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad