OT: Bears & NFL Talk 99 (also 2024 NFL Draft GDT)

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I don’t mind them. Something about waking up at 8:30 on a Sunday morning to watch football vibes with me.

I also have no kids or significant other (or life) so YYMV.
Yeah, most the time being up early on Sunday to watch football won't bother me. I'm normally up on Sundays kinda early, anyways. That's the main day I'll usually make a big breakfast for the fam.

Reactions: Kurtosis

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
No division games until week 11 is wild
Right, and then they have 3 in a row, a game against the Niners, and then 3 of 4 against the division again. Kind of a wild schedule when it comes to divisional teams, and not playing any of them until so late in the season. I'm wondering if they did that with the expectation the division will be close at the end, and they can flex some of those games to prime time. Nothing like divisional games with big meaning the last quarter of the season.

Last edited:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I don't doubt you but I don't see it being enough to justify continued NFL presence in Europe.
These games are sold out every single time. With hundreds of thousands attending over the course of games there. Like... there is absolutely a fanbase to tap into in Europe. The NFL knows what it's doing. You think they'd continue to do it if there was no justification for it?

Reactions: Pez68

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
The thing is that the NFL in Europe could work, but it would take a lot more than just one team to do so for travel considerations alone. If it's just one or two teams over there, the only way it'd work would be for them to do something like a quarter of the season at home, then half the season over in America, then the final quarter of the season back home. There'd be no way for a team to realistically fly across the ocean on a weekly basis and remain competitive, and that's a tough schedule even segmenting the season like I suggested.

They'd instead likely need a division or two's worth of teams in Europe playing and letting them have a good deal of road games on their side of the pond, and I'm doubting that there are 4-8 parties that want to pay billions for American football teams.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

blondu

Jun 3, 2016
Romania, nice! I went back in 2000 to Onesti. My sister trained with the Romanian Nat’l gymnastics team for a couple weeks. Need to go back to experience Bucharest.
You didn't miss much. Budapest is more fun, and a nicer city. Gymnastics? Man you guys grew a lot in the last years. It was always romania vs russia and china back in the 80s 90s. Simone Biles was and is great. So, imagine a small country like Romania that has 8 semi semi pro football clubs. One in my city. It's incredible and the games in Europe only helped developing this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad