OT: Out of town scoreboard

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
May be a dumb post, but I never got the hype on Pettersson.
I know he's a very good player, but 11.6mil player? I get the salary cap rising means players get paid more, and rightfully so, but I just feel in this day and age there's still very few players worth over 10mil AAV in ratio with the cap ceiling.
Maybe he's dealing with an injury but what a meh performance this postseason

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I know he's a very good player, but 11.6mil player? I get the salary cap rising means players get paid more, and rightfully so, but I just feel in this day and age there's still very few players worth over 10mil AAV in ratio with the cap ceiling.

He's a good player, but the reason he's grossly overpaid and overhyped is that he plays in a Canadian market and he can tie his own shoelaces.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
In his previous playoffs he had 18 points in 17 games, which is great. This time around he sucked, but he's still on 25 and can get in playoff groove again.

WaitingForThatCab

Mar 11, 2017
i wouldnt be too mad if the oilers win though, id feel much better facing them vs dallas with barkov shutting down the mcdrai hybrid and us getting stuff past skinner

prob not gonna happen though

If the Panthers get past the Rangers, I think they would match up better vs Edmonton, also. Skinner is terrible, and Ceci/Nurse is the worst D pairing in the playoffs by a country mile.

However, I don't think Edmonton has a snowball's chance in hell against Dallas. The Oilers beat up a Kings team that was basically Islanders West, then a soft Canucks team playing its 4th string goalie.

I think it's Dallas's year, unfortunately.

Reactions: Idiot Stick

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
If the Panthers get past the Rangers, I think they would match up better vs Edmonton, also. Skinner is terrible, and Ceci/Nurse is the worst D pairing in the playoffs by a country mile.

However, I don't think Edmonton has a snowball's chance in hell against Dallas. The Oilers beat up a Kings team that was basically Islanders West, then a soft Canucks team playing its 4th string goalie.

I think it's Dallas's year, unfortunately.
the only thing i could say if were lucky enough to even face dallas is i think we have better higher end talent thatll pull us through. We were only 1 player short of them in scoring 20+ goals so scoring depth isnt that big of a gap.

Dallas' overall defense is better than ours, but i do believe Bobrovski>>Otter

Still though, they beat the LTIR golden spleens with their billion dollar roster, and shut down the avs hard. But none of their games have been some insane offensive performance, and they faced Fourgiev last series.

WaitingForThatCab

Mar 11, 2017
Stars in 5 or less is my prediction for the WCF. I have zero confidence in the Oilers' goaltending and defensive structure.

Watch me eat my words about Skinner, but when you start a guy just because he's under contract and you're stuck with him, you really are stuck with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad