Blackhawks at the 2024 IIHF World Championships

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
when bedard scores, you love him. when he doesn’t, you get pretty zone entries and dancing around checks, maybe some tricky takeaways in the neutral zone and on the back check, but mostly he’s just getting neutralized by more mature talent. it’s good that he scores enough already to justify that tradeoff, but his selling point is that once he is the same age as generational dylan cozens he will either; a) score even more and more consistently, and/or b) develop a defensive dimension to his game. i doubt very much that bedard at 23 will be worse than cozens is at that age now.

Reactions: Malaka

ello

Jun 12, 2018
I mean Laine had 7 goals and 12 pts at the world championships and did it a year younger than Bedard currently is so what does that mean?

Bedard's having a disappointing tournament, no need to sugarcoat it. I think we all assumed he would be one of Canada's top forwards considering his NHL production this season. Being benched before the medal rounds and frankly deserving the decreasing ice time is not what I expected at all.

His lows are really low and I'm not really sure why. Maybe it's a lack of explosiveness and pace. But pucks just roll off his stick when he's not feeling it.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Reichel seems like hes putting up good numbers.
Reichel plays on a line with Peterka and DELs Stachowiak. He looks good and can use his speed. Most of the time Peterka is creating when they are in the offensive Zone, Reichel looks best in transition.

Germany lost clear against Sweden and USA, other than that they win every game while scoring 4+ goals. He found a role on this team and against Swiss we'll see. They have a good team and if he can look good there I take that as a good WC from him.

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
And Turris over Kane and Mueller instead of Toews.

I would have to say that the Hawks would have won 6 cups as opposed to 3 if they had chosen Mueller over Toews and Turris over Kane and that's a conservative estimate...................................................................................................................... :laugh:🤣😂

Reactions: ChiHawks10

scorehawks

Feb 13, 2021
Amongst Europeans that like hockey

lol, no its not.
Again, tell that to Latvia after beating US for Bronze in 2020.

1716382627530.png

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
In NA, many die hard fans will tune in to these tourneys to see how their NHL team's young players fare - winning is secondary.
Yeah, I mean its hockey, and something to watch during the day time after your NHL team is eliminated from real hockey. But I can't think of a single Canadian (or American) that has to watch and cheer on their nation, and then celebrate when their country wins.

I saw that OT had begun between Canada and the Czech yesterday, didnt even hear who won until later in the day when I read fiddys post on here that Cozens scored.

scorehawks

Feb 13, 2021
Some Europeans care, no one said otherwise.

Now show me the big parades when Canada or the US win. You know, where the majority of hockey fans are.
This started with the comment that this is a "dinky little tournament". My response is about perspective. To Europeans, this is their Stanley Cup. As to where the majority of hockey fans are, I would offer likely as many hockey fans in Europe as there are here. The majority of NHL are here. European fans likely support both own leagues and NHL.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
This started with the comment that this is a "dinky little tournament". My response is about perspective. To Europeans, this is their Stanley Cup. As to where the majority of hockey fans are, I would offer likely as many hockey fans in Europe as there are here. The majority of NHL are here. European fans likely support both own leagues and NHL.
It is a little tournament compared to almost every other hockey tournament/playoffs.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
It's probably the worst time to have an International tourney when the NHL playoffs are in full swing.

I suppose it has some benefit to NHL players whose teams don't qualify for PO hockey, or are quickly eliminated - gives them a chance to lick their wounds and reinvigorate their interest in playing for something.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
We haven't had the Olympics in a decade and it shows. International tournaments are culturally more important to Euro fans than NA fans, that's fine. It's just not cause for concern whatsoever that Bedard isn't lighting the tourney up.

The Olympics are the only must-see international event. Maybe this newer tournament they're cooking up will change that. The WJC is cool every now and then but I'm not a big prospect fan so it often doesn't float my boat

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I NEVER said I wanted Carlsson or Fantillu over Bedard....and I rejoiced as everyone did when we got the #1in the lottery lsst draft..

So do not ascribe words to me that I never said...

I do not hate Bedard...I just pointed out tgectruth ..he HAS been sagging last 4 games and 2 periods of the game before that...And others even in the media (The Hockey Writers) have headlined this in an article.

So stop denying the facts and his benching...This shoukd not be happening to such actalent and I do notcaccept the onlyc18 excuse.

They chose hom to be on Tram Canada...They chose hom to be a contributor on the top 2 lines ...He started off well proving he should be a top contributor.. but then he became ineffective and was surpassed by others who stepped up their game and got better as the tournament went on.

Hevis in a funk and deserves to lose his spot on a top 2vline.

I do not think he is suited to beca suooirt player on a bottom line with limited minutes and no pp time.
He basically lost his job and confidence of the coach that he could help them win.

This is all on Bedard...maybe the long grind of a pro sesson got to hom.He also sagged last 14 games forvthe Hawks..nobody suggests that was because he18.

Rather I think the mental effects of all that Blackhawks losing got to him..

But at the WHC Canada is wining ..so that should not have effected him

But in any case when things go well for holim...I joining praising to the rafters..but when his performance saggs to pretty useless in helping the team,he bears criticism albeit tempered with concern..

So do not blame me for this...it is all on Bedard himself...not elevating his game but rather sagging and in the last game hurting his team with a behind the play cross-check that gave Checkia the momentum to score on the ensuing PP and continuing with the momentum to get another goal late to tie the game ...Canada might have lost this game if not for the guy who has stepped up his gane.. Dylan Cozems ..

Ifvyou cannot stand the heat ...get out of the Kitchen or in this case lose the trust of your coach and get benched.

Believe me ..I am not revelklng Bedard failing...II do not hatevhom..I cheer For him... BUT, I an disappointed and also CONCERNED ....we are not seeing his normal effort to create and generate shots on the attack..He seems to not be clicking with linemates.as a result his coach is limiting his usage or finally benching him.

But this Gwnerational Bedard is beyond criticism for this Fail ..is laughable.. he SHOULD face the heat and play better if he wants shift tome back.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
I NEVER said I wanted Carlsson or Fantillu over Bedard....and I rejoiced as everyone did when we got the #1in the lottery lsst draft..

So do not ascribe words to me that I never said...

I do not hate Bedard...I just pointed out tgectruth ..he HAS been sagging last 4 games and 2 periods of the game before that...And others even in the media (The Hockey Writers) have headlined this in an article.

So stop denying the facts and his benching...This shoukd not be happening to such actalent and I do notcaccept the onlyc18 excuse.

They chose hom to be on Tram Canada...They chose hom to be a contributor on the top 2 lines ...He started off well proving he should be a top contributor.. but then he became ineffective and was surpassed by others who stepped up their game and got better as the tournament went on.

Hevis in a funk and deserves to lose his spot on a top 2vline.

I do not think he is suited to beca suooirt player on a bottom line with limited minutes and no pp time.
He basically lost his job and confidence of the coach that he could help them win.

This is all on Bedard...maybe the long grind of a pro sesson got to hom.He also sagged last 14 games forvthe Hawks..nobody suggests that was because he18.

Rather I think the mental effects of all that Blackhawks losing got to him..

But at the WHC Canada is wining ..so that should not have effected him

But in any case when things go well for holim...I joining praising to the rafters..but when his performance saggs to pretty useless in helping the team,he bears criticism albeit tempered with concern..

So do not blame me for this...it is all on Bedard himself...not elevating his game but rather sagging and in the last game hurting his team with a behind the play cross-check that gave Checkia the momentum to score on the ensuing PP and continuing with the momentum to get another goal late to tie the game ...Canada might have lost this game if not for the guy who has stepped up his gane.. Dylan Cozems ..

Ifvyou cannot stand the heat ...get out of the Kitchen or in this case lose the trust of your coach and get benched.

Believe me ..I am not revelklng Bedard failing...II do not hatevhom..I cheer For him... BUT, I an disappointed and also CONCERNED ....we are not seeing his normal effort to create and generate shots on the attack..He seems to not be clicking with linemates.as a result his coach is limiting his usage or finally benching him.

But this Gwnerational Bedard is beyond criticism for this Fail ..is laughable.. he SHOULD face the heat and play better if he wants shift tome back.
So basically 50 you're providing a public service .. letting all us Hawk fans know Bedard isn't doing so well right now or for the last part of the season. I guess we wouldn't have noticed without your earnest reporting so .. I guess .. thanks .. and keep up the good work!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad