Bobrovsky named Vezina Trophy finalist

ScottyMascotty

Dec 24, 2017
St. Petersburg

@ScottyMascotty

Don't know if you've heard , But this goalie analytic stuff is very interesting.
Interesting how the first couple years of Bob in Florida, he couldn't quite figure out what was the problem.

This is about 20 minutes, but a very interesting listen.

I always thought Bob's problems in the first two seasons there were psychological. He is too careful about his fitness to have rapid physical deterioration in early 30s.

People may not remember but essentially he was brought up by Tallon to be a game-changing goalie no matter what defense is around him. Of course, it's better to have great goalie behind great defense than none of them, but instead we got this:

1714599409925.png

1714599429556.png

His friend Panarin mentioned in the interview recently that him having some points in the first ever games for NYR was crucial, because otherwise he'd start question himself and psychologically crumble even without media attention. Now imagine how it was for a goalie, who is the literal last frontier for his team, and signed a contract which essentially assigned him as a "franchise savior". Changing the team is stressful, and Bobrovsky immediately found himself around the unbalanced roster and the crappiest defensive system that I ever saw (Kitchen). When the first games weren't successful, it all started to take over his mind. We also couldn't be sure how much front office tried to make him comfortable before Zito. 2021 playoffs has become the worst experience for him.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Its pretty easy, with the Safe of the Year, with his Arm, that alone should make him the Winner and not a Nominate. He is the last Goalie who preform on Ice, Demko out, Hellabyuck out in 5.
His overall preformance in Round 1 was for me enough, in addition to his Season stats and preformance.

Hellabyuck is out in Round 1 also not the best preformance. And Demko since Game 1 is Injured and doesnt stand in Net for Nucks. So how or better what will you judge when there is only one Goaltender who is still preforming on the Ice.

Reactions: harv33173

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Its pretty easy, with the Safe of the Year, with his Arm, that alone should make him the Winner and not a Nominate. He is the last Goalie who preform on Ice, Demko out, Hellabyuck out in 5.
His overall preformance in Round 1 was for me enough, in addition to his Season stats and preformance.

Hellabyuck is out in Round 1 also not the best preformance. And Demko since Game 1 is Injured and doesnt stand in Net for Nucks. So how or better what will you judge when there is only one Goaltender who is still preforming on the Ice.

Congratulations on completely not understanding the criteria for the Vezina. :laugh: It's the regular season. Playoff performance is completely irrelevant.

And lol at thinking that one kind of fluky save should make him the winner.

I assume you're just joking around. At least, I hope you are.

"The voting is conducted at the end of the regular season by the 32 general managers of the teams in the National Hockey League, with all individual voters ranking their top three candidates on a 5–3–1 points system.[18] Three finalists are named and the trophy is awarded at the NHL Awards ceremony after the playoffs."

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Congratulations on completely not understanding the criteria for the Vezina. :laugh: It's the regular season. Playoff performance is completely irrelevant.

And lol at thinking that one kind of fluky save should make him the winner.

I assume you're just joking around. At least, I hope you are.

"The voting is conducted at the end of the regular season by the 32 general managers of the teams in the National Hockey League, with all individual voters ranking their top three candidates on a 5–3–1 points system.[18] Three finalists are named and the trophy is awarded at the NHL Awards ceremony after the playoffs."

But its the same with the Nomination, why Demko who played only 51 Game and Shesterkin with 55 Game have near the same Numbers. Same goes with Cam Talbot or Lindgren (WSH), Daccord who brought them a bit into the PO. Demko or who ever was the third Goalie bring in, was a popular vote.

For me i dont understand this rule, because a Season goes far above regular Season and Playoff Games participaion are far more important then regular Season. When their usual only PO Goalies in the Voting for the Trophy, then count their PO preformance too.
Its a popularity voting at all, only GM decide who win.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
But its the same with the Nomination, why Demko who played only 51 Game and Shesterkin with 55 Game have near the same Numbers. Same goes with Cam Talbot or Lindgren (WSH), Daccord who brought them a bit into the PO. Demko or who ever was the third Goalie bring in, was a popular vote.

For me i dont understand this rule, because a Season goes far above regular Season and Playoff Games participaion are far more important then regular Season. When their usual only PO Goalies in the Voting for the Trophy, then count their PO preformance too.
Its a popularity voting at all, only GM decide who win.
Same reason why the Hart trophy and Conn Smythe are different, basically its like two seperate seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad