Brad Treliving is doing a great job.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga

Calling all Dubasites who think Treliving has been terrible so far!!

Do you mind explaining this? Mental gymnastics is a must. Lol.

This is still the philosophy of a guy like Jonas Siegel. Just zero regard for the notion of building a locker room of guys who'll go to war for each other. Dubas stripped away and/or allowed the heart of this team to walk and then had to scramble every TDL to try and build some semblance of a team that would do whatever it took to win and would hold each other accountable, including the stars.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Well at least we don’t have to listen to the Dubists lamenting Sam Lafferty and Tre’s massive blunder letting that stud go anymore. I await their next transparent overaction.

It was always Reaves vs Lafferty... I still think most people think signing Reaves for 3 years at a cap that isn't fully buriable is a mistake.

Maybe Reaves gets better next year though at 38, who knows.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
It was always Reaves vs Lafferty... I still think most people think signing Reaves for 3 years at a cap that isn't fully buriable is a mistake.

Maybe Reaves gets better next year though at 38, who knows.

The contract is a year to long but by the time we get to year 3 we should be able to bury all of it.

Reactions: Buds17

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
I love when people point to MacKinnon as someone who holds players accountable and is making this great culture in Colorado and then can't explain why they keep losing in the 2nd round minus one year. Does their culture change year to year?
The answer is Avs won their Cup in a 32-team league. Even missing the playoffs for a year or two after can be swept under the carpet.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
lets look at Matthews for example, the differences between his numbers in the regular season and in the playoffs...

Regular Season:
GP:562G:368A:281P:649

Playoffs:
GP:55G:23A:25P:48

why is that?
Pretty much everyone produces less in the playoffs, because the games get tighter. What is more significant than just the drop is the amount of change. For the 'core 4':

Matthews - 1.15 to 0.87 - 28 point drop or 24%
Marner - 1.11 to 0.88 - 23 point drop or 21%
Tavares - 0.94 to 0.74 - 20 point drop or 21%
Nylander - 0.88 to 0.80 - 8 point drop or 9%

myleafs

May 25, 2021
Pretty much everyone produces less in the playoffs, because the games get tighter. What is more significant than just the drop is the amount of change. For the 'core 4':

Matthews - 1.15 to 0.87 - 28 point drop or 24%
Marner - 1.11 to 0.88 - 23 point drop or 21%
Tavares - 0.94 to 0.74 - 20 point drop or 21%
Nylander - 0.88 to 0.80 - 8 point drop or 9%
And yet for a bunch of the top tier elite talent in the league they up their game...mcdavid, draisaitl, mackinnon, crosby etc etc etc....we have 4 very highly paid guys whos games all dip in the playoffs...all of them.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
And yet for a bunch of the top tier elite talent in the league they up their game...mcdavid, draisaitl, mackinnon, crosby etc etc etc....we have 4 very highly paid guys whos games all dip in the playoffs...all of them.
They have not learn their lessons yet, lol.

Drai is just a different beast.

The thing that surprised me the most is that AM and MM still didn’t have ONE series that they were absolutely dominant in 9 tries.

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland
Well at least we don’t have to listen to the Dubists lamenting Sam Lafferty and Tre’s massive blunder letting that stud go anymore. I await their next transparent overaction.
and at least we can keep watching and posting old clips of his interviews and stuff as we head into the offseason, and hopefully well beyond that

• Haha
Reactions: DarkKnight

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Kyle Dubas fans shouldn't really be allowed a voice to be fair. They should just be ignored.

Sam Lafferty 11GP 0G 0A 0P.

The only thing I give Dubas fans credit for is they don't seem to feel embarrassment.

Bluebear

Nov 30, 2018
Culture in a sports organization is the consistent behaviours people have and way people habitually interact with each other.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
is quality of opponent relevant in the playoffs? compared to... lets say... a game in October versus Buffalo?
lets look at Matthews for example, the differences between his numbers in the regular season and in the playoffs..
why is that?
Opponent quality is relevant. It's pretty natural to see lesser production against higher quality opposition or higher quality defenses. But Matthews doesn't seem to have any unique issue with this. He produced well against playoff teams this year, and he produced well against past playoff opponents in the seasons he faced them.

Matthews' career playoff production has been impacted by a number of things, from starting so young against the behemoths of the hockey world, to injuries and the goaltending he's faced, and more. It's not any one thing, and there have been times when he's produced very well. Even when he's not, he still gets chances, his line still gets chances, and he still drives and controls the flow of play and tends to outscore the other team. He still goes to the dirty areas. He still battles along the boards. He still plays defense. Hits. Blocks shots. Etc. I'd be more concerned if everything fell off, instead of just conversion. And even continued conversion struggles would be more concerning if it didn't correlate so well with his injuries, similar conversion struggles throughout the rest of the team, and similar conversion struggles by other teams that face the same goaltenders after us.

Pretty much everything points to either external goaltending impacts compounded by injuries and/or a systemic issue much more than a player issue.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
follow REIMERholics Trudeau is a scumbag on x.com and also here

Well that was special.

Opponent quality is relevant. It's pretty natural to see lesser production against higher quality opposition or higher quality defenses. But Matthews doesn't seem to have any unique issue with this. He produced well against playoff teams this year, and he produced well against past playoff opponents in the seasons he faced them.

Matthews' career playoff production has been impacted by a number of things, from starting so young against the behemoths of the hockey world, to injuries and the goaltending he's faced, and more. It's not any one thing, and there have been times when he's produced very well. Even when he's not, he still gets chances, his line still gets chances, and he still drives and controls the flow of play and tends to outscore the other team. He still goes to the dirty areas. He still battles along the boards. He still plays defense. Hits. Blocks shots. Etc. I'd be more concerned if everything fell off, instead of just conversion. And even continued conversion struggles would be more concerning if it didn't correlate so well with his injuries, similar conversion struggles throughout the rest of the team, and similar conversion struggles by other teams that face the same goaltenders after us.

Pretty much everything points to either external goaltending impacts compounded by injuries and/or a systemic issue much more than a player issue.

:laugh:

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
They were chilling together on May 21st though ;)

:laugh:

They were all drunk. My wife and I spoke to shane doan. Dude is one good looking man according to my wife.

It was her birthday dinner. One small washroom and 3 hockey players were in it

Shane, Craig and me. The president was there too, but he looked like only sports he ever played was pickleball

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad