Confirmed with Link: Brindy, Gleason, Daniels, Huffine and Schonefelder sign multi year extensions

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
You are free to have whatever expectations you want and be as miserable as you want to be because they haven't won the cup. Others can view it differently. Nothing wrong with that.
I am not miserable but also not one who is satisfied with the participation trophy or choking consistently either. And, never hearing the coach own up to it or recognize that perhaps some mistakes were made.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I am not miserable but also not one who is satisfied with the participation trophy or choking consistently either. And, never hearing the coach own up to it or recognize that perhaps some mistakes were made.
Ok. That sounds kinda miserable to me, but to each their own.

Sports just isn't in the top 100 things in my life that I worry about or get upset about. I enjoy watching it when there's time. I enjoy when the team is good. I like when they win. I like discussing it, but doesn't get me very worked up if they don't win it all.

Maybe years of being a die-hard Cubs fan and a Green Bay Packers fan (before they were good again with Holmgren and Favre) taught me to enjoy the ups, savor when they do go all the way, and not get overly upset about the downs, because there were a lot of them.

I'd guess NE Patriots fans or Duke/UNC basketball fans probably have a different perspective

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Sports just isn't in the top 100 things in my life that I worry about or get upset about. I enjoy watching it when there's time. I enjoy when the team is good. I like when they win. I like discussing it, but doesn't get me very worked up if they don't win it all.

You have over 100 things in your life that you worry about or get upset about?!?

Geez BBA. Save some worry and upsetness for the rest of us.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

Two things:

1. Losing close games in the playoffs isn’t choking. That’s called being in the playoffs. You face another very good team (literally the President’s Trophy winner, in this past season) and you battle it out over a 7-game series. That’s hockey.

2. Rod is a player’s coach, so he’s never going to blame the players for anything. It’s why he pushes that “a bounce here or there” or “close game, but one mistake costs us” narrative. If you’re expecting him to name names or anything like that, your expectations are way off.

Rick Davis

Dec 31, 2020
2. Rod is a player’s coach, so he’s never going to blame the players for anything.

I dunno BB sure sounded like Rod was singling out Freddie in his Game 6 post game comments. No mention of his 2 best players missing point blank shots at critical junctures or the garbage defense in front of Freddie that led to several of those 3rd period goals. If you’re gonna single out one then you have to include them all! It’s a team sport right???

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I dunno BB sure sounded like Rod was singling out Freddie in his Game 6 post game comments. No mention of his 2 best players missing point blank shots at critical junctures or the garbage defense in front of Freddie that led to several of those 3rd period goals. If you’re gonna single out one then you have to include them all! It’s a team sport right???

IIRC, all he said was that's a goal we can't allow. Could have been referring to Freddie, or KK leaving his man, or the rest of the line giving them that breakout.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Ehhh.. look at Tampa dominating since 2015, it took them a number of cracks at it with a similar core and coaching staff to get it done!

In sports, there's never a 100% chance of winning the championship. A given team might have a 10% chance in a great year. Running that back a few times isn't insane. You want to create the best odds you have and roll with them as many times as possible.

Add in the fact that there's a lot more variability in hockey as compared to most other sports. A rut in the ice, a fraction of an inch difference in where the puck hits the post, a deflection off a skate blade, what a ref sees and what a ref calls. Call it random variation or call it luck, there's no doubt it can influence the outcome of a hockey game much more than the other major sports.

hockeynjune

Just a soft breeze
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021
Ok. That sounds kinda miserable to me, but to each their own.

Maybe years of being a die-hard Cubs fan and a Green Bay Packers fan (before they were good again with Holmgren and Favre) taught me to enjoy the ups, savor when they do go all the way, and not get overly upset about the downs, because there were a lot of them.

I'd guess NE Patriots fans or Duke/UNC basketball fans probably have a different perspective
Last line and yes we do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad