C Miroslav Satan - HC Slovan Bratislava U20, SVK 20 (2024 Draft)

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
Looks like he got some talent from his dad. But probably not enough for the draft. But he could be a great player and I see a late bloomer possibility there. It can be said that today he belongs to the imaginary top 10 Slovaks for next year's draft.

1.Chromiak (early to middle rounds)
2.Maruna (late rounds)
3.Pitka (late rounds)
---------------
4.Kiss
5.Prokopovic
6.Sobotka
7.Baran
8.Licko
9.Satan
10.Pohanka

However, as of today, only Chromiak and maybe Maruna/Pitka are realistic for the draft. The other guys are extremely far from the draft.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Looks like he got some talent from his dad. But probably not enough for the draft. But he could be a great player and I see a late bloomer possibility there. It can be said that today he belongs to the imaginary top 10 Slovaks for next year's draft.

2.Maruna (late rounds)
3.Pitka (late rounds)
---------------
4.Kiss
5.Prokopovic
6.Sobotka
7.Baran
8.Licko
9.Satan
10.Pohanka

However, as of today, only Chromiak and maybe Maruna/Pitka are realistic for the draft. The other guys are extremely far from the draft.
Theo Kiss is not good enough for draft? Thats strange I have seen him in a 2nd round in some of the early predictions for the 2024 draft.

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
Theo Kiss is not good enough for draft? Thats strange I have seen him in a 2nd round in some of the early predictions for the 2024 draft.

Not at the moment, although the boy has talent. Anyway, he's short and physically weak, he'll probably have a hard time making it in the USHL next season. He can really make a plays and has a high hockey iq. When he plays for the national team, he passes the eye test and is visible every shift, but the 2006 class is very weak in Slovakia and so he doesn't have much competition there. From my point of view his statistical development in the USA is similar to that of players in the late rounds or undrafted. I don't want to underestimate him, but as of today I would say he won't be drafted. And even if they do, it'll be the second half of the draft. Second round no way. Jakub Chromiak might be in the second round but even that is not sure, it will depend on if he will work on his weaknesses especially when it comes to defensive play and what kind of season he will have next season but I would guess third round for him as well. And Chromiak is the best Slovak for the next draft.

But I've also seen predictions where Kiss was high, but it happens so early before DY. Frantisek Ridzon had a similar prediction, he was in the top 100 for the 2023 draft a year ago and today he is basically unlikely to be drafted. Sisik was at one time also according to the predictions high and today we see the reality. These are similar types of players, according to the style of play and physically. But this is a topic about Satan Jr., I don't want to discuss other players here.:sarcasm:

Martinez89

May 20, 2019

2.Maruna (late rounds)
3.Pitka (late rounds)
---------------
4.Kiss
5.Prokopovic
6.Sobotka
7.Baran
8.Licko
9.Satan
10.Pohanka

I like these kind of ratings, appreciate it. I´m on the same ship with you as for the assessment of Theo Kiss, Satan jr. and selection of these 10 names to this ranking.

But... "the other guys are extremely far from the draft" - no, I don´t think so. Especially big guys on positions 5 and 6 are closer than you think and you underestimate them if you think this. I would bet my money that at least one of them will be drafted in 2024.

Reactions: hellwar9

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
I like these kind of ratings, appreciate it. I´m on the same ship with you as for the assessment of Theo Kiss, Satan jr. and selection of these 10 names to this ranking.

But... "the other guys are extremely far from the draft" - no, I don´t think so. Especially big guys on positions 5 and 6 are closer than you think and you underestimate them if you think this. I would bet my money that at least one of them will be drafted in 2024.
Of course I meant as of today. A lot can change in a year. I like both Sobotka and Prokopovic and their draft stock is on the rise. I can imagine that in the spring of 2024 both or at least one of them will realistically be considered as prospects for the draft, but as of today I can't say that yet. But it will certainly be interesting to watch. These taller guys, along with Satan, are outperforming (or have already outperformed) other 06 guys like Lass, Kovac, Silhar, Tomasec, Liscinsky etc. in which we had higher hopes in the past. It happens that taller guys need more time to develop and even if these guys aren't drafted, they can become skilled late bloomers, similar to Pavel Regenda and Milos Kelemen as we see today. Time will tell. But I agree with you that these two guys have looked more than good in recent months.

Reactions: Martinez89

Martinez89

May 20, 2019
Of course I meant as of today. A lot can change in a year. I like both Sobotka and Prokopovic and their draft stock is on the rise. I can imagine that in the spring of 2024 both or at least one of them will realistically be considered as prospects for the draft, but as of today I can't say that yet. But it will certainly be interesting to watch. These taller guys, along with Satan, are outperforming (or have already outperformed) other 06 guys like Lass, Kovac, Silhar, Tomasec, Liscinsky etc. in which we had higher hopes in the past. It happens that taller guys need more time to develop and even if these guys aren't drafted, they can become skilled late bloomers, similar to Pavel Regenda and Milos Kelemen as we see today. Time will tell. But I agree with you that these two guys have looked more than good in recent months.
Absolutely. Those named players who looked quite promising in the past disappointed and have almost zero chance to be drafted or succeed on the next level. On the other side, 2024 draft from Slovak perspective maybe won´t be that successful on a draft day but I see there several potential late bloomers/good players for NT for the future, we´ll see.

And from I´ve seen Sobotka and Prokopovic are legit. For me they´re draft prospects already today and I have them at least at the level Maruna and Pitka. Satan jr. is a tier below but as you typed - a lot can change in a year. Especially with tall players like them you have to be more patient, in many cases it takes years...

So yes, actually I repeated many things what you typed already :)

Doomhammer

Jul 26, 2019
I'm impressed by how many immature kids also wished Satan would play for the devils.

It's been many years and I'm actually excited that this wrong can finally be corrected.

Reactions: HawksFan86

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
MS.png

Currently second in points in the Slovak U20 League (Weaker league by quality compared to other nations)

If he keeps this pace and plays at the U18 championship maybe he can be drafted after all?

6"6 centers are quite rare and I can see someone picking him in the later rounds.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chainshot

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
Probably not. I very much doubt it. Slovak junior league is defacto on amateur level and really interesting for this season are there only underagers of birth year 2007 and 2008. Satan would need a really special U18 World Championship and some part of the season on the man level, to be at least a theoretical chance. As far as the U18 World Championship is concerned, Satan is probably not one of the forwards that come into consideration.

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
Probably not. I very much doubt it. Slovak junior league is defacto on amateur level and really interesting for this season are there only underagers of birth year 2007 and 2008. Satan would need a really special U18 World Championship and some part of the season on the man level, to be at least a theoretical chance. As far as the U18 World Championship is concerned, Satan is probably not one of the forwards that come into consideration.
You are probably right and he only has 15 shots on goalie in 6 games so staying at 1,67 pts per game is unlikely.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Central Scouting ranks him 50th in their Mid-term International Skater ranking list ...means probably not taken in first 150 on the draft board ...means maybe some team might risk on him 5th-7th rounds?

But his skating looks slow and awkward from the video clip above.

Reactions: hn777

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Central Scouting ranks him 50th in their Mid-term International Skater ranking list ...means probably not taken in first 150 on the draft board ...means maybe some team might risk on him 5th-7th rounds?

But his skating looks slow and awkward from the video clip above.

He is a big monster, 201 cm high (6'7"). Its possible he grew another cm... This guy will never have flashy skating abilities.
Looking forward to WCH U18. What will he show there.

Draft for now i dont see much realistic. But who knows? He could be some wild pick in 7th round.

Reactions: Czechboy and hn777

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
He is a big monster, 201 cm high (6'7"). Its possible he grew another cm... This guy will never have flashy skating abilities.
Looking forward to WCH U18. What will he show there.

Draft for now i dont see much realistic. But who knows? He could be some wild pick in 7th round.
Name and size might help! Do it devils!

elFefino SVOBODA

Sep 27, 2023
Seriously? I hate it when parents give their kids the exact same name. Where the f*** is the stupid .Jr at the end
It is actually a tradition in the Slavic countries. The 1st son takes the name of the dad. So it is. My great grandpa is called Milan, my grandpa is called Milan, my dad is called Milan, guess whats the name of my older brother?...

In Russia, you add "ich" as a Patronym, as @theslatcher mentioned with Swedish.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad