Canucks News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Some Like it Hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Here’s my spreadsheet for upcoming UFAs, each team’s cap situation, and a trade tracker. I update the spreadsheet daily. I use CapFriendly to create this list and AFP Analytics for the contract projections.

Edit: Spreadsheet has been updated with AFP's latest projections and I added a new section for RFAs.

Top-6 Forwards
Sam ReinhartRW288y/10.25m
Jake GuentzelW296y/7.94m
Steven StamkosLW/C343y/6.30m
Jonathan MarchessaultW333y/6.25m
Joe PavelskiRW391y/3.94m
Matt DucheneRW/C333y/6.46m
Sean MonahanFW293y/2.87m
Tyler ToffoliW325y/6.53m
Jonathan DrouinW294y/4.46m
Teuvo TeravainenW295y/6.13m
Vladimir TarasenkoRW323y/5.64m
Adam HenriqueLW/C342y/4.60m
Chandler StephensonC/LW305y/5.77m
Max DomiC/RW293y/4.17m
Patrick KaneRW352y/5.51m
Elias LindholmC/RW297y/8.04m
Anthony ManthaW293y/4.40m
Daniel SprongW273y/3.89m
Jake DeBruskW275y/5.92m
David PerronW362y/2.80m
Tyler BertuzziW295y/6.00m
Anthony DuclairW283y/3.22m
Jason ZuckerW323y/5.46m
Jack RoslovicC/RW273y/3.11m
Max PaciorettyLW35
Alexander BarabanovW303y/3.03m

Top-4 Defecemen
Shayne GostisbehereLD/RD313y/4.38m
Brady SkjeiLD306y/7.39m
Noah HanifinLD277y/7.69m
Brandon MontourRD307y/8.71m
Oliver Ekman-LarssonLD323y/3.67m
Dylan DeMeloRD314y/5.07m
Sean WalkerLD/RD294y/4.87m
Matt RoyRD294y/5.58m
TJ BrodieLD/RD343y/4.91m
Brenden DillonLD332y/3.91m
Alexandre CarrierRD273y/3.57m
Nikita ZadorovLD/RD294y/5.10m
Chris TanevRD343y/4.68m
Brett PesceRD296y/6.72m
Matt GrzelcykLD303y/4.07m
Oliver KylingtonLD/RD27

Bottom-6 Forwards
James van RiemsdykW351y/1.50m
Warren FoegeleW284y/3.58m
Stefan NoesenW312y/3.23m
Danton HeinenW28
Tyler JohnsonFW33
Alexander WennbergC294y/4.21m
Jordan MartinookW312y/2.79m
Dakota JoshuaLW283y/3.00m
Michael AmadioW28
Teddy BluegerC/LW292y/2.56m
Sam LaffertyFW292y/1.72m
Kiefer SherwoodW29
Mike HoffmanLW341y/1.86m
Tomas TatarW331y/2.21m
Kyle OkposoRW361y/1.96m
Kasperi KapanenRW27
Andrew CoglianoLW37
Jakob SilfverbergW332y/2.78m
Cal ClutterbuckRW36
Corey PerryRW39
Patrick MaroonW36
Yakov TreninLW/C273y/3.33m
Dominik KubalikW282y/1.34m
Anthony BeauvillierW27
Sam CarrickC/RW32
Tanner PearsonLW31
Zemgus GirgensonsLW/C302y/1.74m
Colin BlackwellC/RW31
Brandon DuhaimeW27
Nick CousinsLW/C30
Connor BrownW30
Joel KivirantaW28
William CarrierLW293y/2.68m
Tyler MotteW293y/2.55m
Samuel BlaisW281y/0.94m
Tyson JostC26

Bottom-Pairing Defencemen
Erik GustafssonLD323y/4.99m
Tyler MyersRD342y/2.67m
Justin SchultzRD332y/3.81m
Kevin ShattenkirkRD351y/1.37m
Jalen ChatfieldRD283y/2.77m
Mike ReillyLD301y/1.24m
Dmitry KulikovLD/RD33
Alec MartinezLD361y/1.7m
Tyson BarrieRD322y/3.72m
Jani HakanpaaRD322y/2.38m
Vincent DesharnaisRD282y/1.41m
Ian ColeLD/RD352y/3.09m
Matt DumbaRD293y/3.73m
Colin MillerRD31
Mark GiordanoLD401y/3.11m
Marco ScandellaLD34
Calvin De HaanLD/RD33
Josh BrownRD30
Ilya LyubushkinRD301y/1.31m
Joel EdmundsonLD/RD31
Troy StecherRD30
Derek ForbortLD32
Erik JohnsonRD361y/1.13m

Forward Depth
Christian FischerW27
Craig SmithRW34
Victor OlofssonW28
Trevor LewisRW/C37
Justin BaileyRW29
Kevin StenlundC/RW27
Jeff CarterRW/C39
Ryan CarpenterRW/C33
Nicolas Aube-KubelRW282y/1.53m
AJ GreerW27
Liam O'BrienW29
Chris TierneyC30
Mattias JanmarkW31
Sam GagnerRW/C34
Brendan SmithLD/RD35
Eric RobinsonLW29
Zach PariseLW39
Kevin LabancW282y/1.94m
Fredrik OlofssonC/LW28
Alex Barre-BouletW27
Matt MartinW35
Radim ZohornaW28
Pierre-Edouard BellemareC/LW39
Tyler PitlickRW32
Austin WatsonW32
Tomas NosekLW/C31
Jansen HarkinsLW27
Rourke ChartierC28
Steven LorentzFW28

Defensive Depth
Jack JohnsonLD37
Anthony DeangeloRD282y/1.80m
Jarred TinordiLD32
Sebastian AhoLD28
Dakota MermisLD/RD30
Jacob MacDonaldLD/RD31
Dennis GilbertLD27
Nikita ZaitsevRD32
Nick DeSimoneRD29
Travis DermottLD/RD27
Caleb JonesLD/RD27
Chad RuhwedelRD34
William LagesonLD/RD28

Goaltenders
Cam TalbotG361y/1.89m
Ilya SamsonovG272y/3.26m
Alex NedeljkovicG282y/2.00m
Kaapo KahkonenG272y/2.93m
Scott WedgewoodG312y/1.57m
Casey DeSmithG321y/2.02m
Anthony StolarzG302y/1.91m
James ReimarG36
Antti RaantaG351y/1.31m
David RittichG31
Kevin LankinenG291y/1.58m
Laurent BrossoitG312y/1.95m
Calvin PickardG32
Martin JonesG34

Last edited:

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
the appeal to keeping Lindholm is he's a great 2-way, top 6 center that you have the inside track on. He showed he could compliment this group in the playoffs. I'd pay him Miller dollars but if his 9m Calgary ask is still there i say seeeeeeeee yah.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
The more I think of it the better it is to Keep Silovs. If you give him the right amount of games and build his confidence you can play the ltir game with Demko near the dead line have another good signing in the ahl in that position this gives you a lot of $ to work with.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
This would be amazing but no way we can fit that with the cap unless we don't sign Zadorov and Hronek.
Screenshot 2024-05-21 at 2.40.52 PM.png

I think we can make it work if we can keep Petey's winger budget to 7.5 and Lindholm at 7.5. Of course this will require us to shoot Mik into the sun or something but whatever. we would have 8.8 to fill 3 D spots .. so technically we can do like 4 M for 1 guy, and get 2 guys at 2M each.

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
That makes absolutely no sense to me. The total value of the contract should be completely irrelevant to fans; AAV/cap hit are all that matter. picking $20MM as the max value of the deal just seems oddly arbitrary. His contract is almost certainly going to be 5+ years and a smart GM with an amenable owner will front load the deal so he's movable in the last two years if the team is uncompetitive and looking to sell assets. His cap hit is likely going to be somewhere between 5.5% and 6.5% depending on term and structure. The cost is the cost, and i think the value you get is easily worth paying the freight on this player.

it is an arbitrary number, but the point is to limit the damage on the downside. if this management really thinks zadorov is the second coming of chara, or something of the sort - and i have enough faith in their talent assessment to give them a fair chance at making that decision before judging it - i don't really care if they go as high as 6.5 - 7m for 3 or 2 years, respectively. where i want the risk mitigation is if they're wrong. and if they are, i think that presents itself very early on, in which case i think they can eat that for a year or two without it being a back breaker. it's nearly impossible to get out of a crippling contract with 6 or 7 years left - look at darnell nurse, seth jones, colton parayko, etc. but for a year or two? retain some of the cap hit, add an asset and move on if needed.

i think you're fully right that he's going to get 5+ years, but in that case unless the aav is starting with 4, i'm uncomfortable with the downside. guessing you'll disagree, but that's all i'm trying to get at. term absolutely matters as much as cap hit does.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
My position on Zadorov was mostly the same as what I thought at the deadline: Great rental acquisition, wouldn't re-sign him because of the cost.

Well, after his playoff performance, of course even I am more amenable to re-signing him. But so is every other team. Milstein is seeing dollar signs in his dreams. My personal AAV threshold to keep him increased, but it is still nowhere near as high as other teams will offer him.

Same view of Lindholm. I thought he was a great rental add. But if he views this UFA period as his last chance to get the bag, the Canucks just can't afford him. If he wants an ROR-esque deal (I'd go to up to $5.5M x 4 years), then absolutely I'd take him back. If he wants the massive deal, I don't think it's feasible.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Updated the spreadsheet with each team's capspace and current off-season outlook, RFA's now have the latest AFP projections, and ordered lists for Cap Space and Functional Cap Space (cap space - RFA contract projections).

UFA contract projections to come later.

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
it is an arbitrary number, but the point is to limit the damage on the downside. if this management really thinks zadorov is the second coming of chara, or something of the sort - and i have enough faith in their talent assessment to give them a fair chance at making that decision before judging it - i don't really care if they go as high as 6.5 - 7m for 3 or 2 years, respectively. where i want the risk mitigation is if they're wrong. and if they are, i think that presents itself very early on, in which case i think they can eat that for a year or two without it being a back breaker. it's nearly impossible to get out of a crippling contract with 6 or 7 years left - look at darnell nurse, seth jones, colton parayko, etc. but for a year or two? retain some of the cap hit, add an asset and move on if needed.

i think you're fully right that he's going to get 5+ years, but in that case unless the aav is starting with 4, i'm uncomfortable with the downside. guessing you'll disagree, but that's all i'm trying to get at. term absolutely matters as much as cap hit does.
So you'd stretch as far out as a 3 year deal to sign the second coming of Chara eh? For the record, i don't believe he's the second coming of big Z, who was a unicorn. His fitness level and compete were off the charts. But even at a $6MM cap hit, he'd be about 60% less than what it cost the Bruins to sign Chara when he left Ottawa. You're living in a fantasy land if you think you're getting ANY highly coveted UFA on the right side of 30 on a 2 or 3 year deal. FWIW re risk mitigation, we just got to test drive him for 5 months and he fit like a glove. great in the room, teammates and coaching staff loved him.

The Nurse (11.35%) and Jones (11.66%) signings are just horrible comps where the team massively overpaid on a % of cap basis for guys with huge defensive deficiencies. we're talking about paying Zadorov about half that amount and getting a guy that is a far better 5v5 defender than either of them. And neither of those guys are in the same ballpark when it comes to physical play. Parayko is a good player and the cap hit isn't outrageous, but the timing of the signing was odd as it was becoming obvious that their window had closed. probably should have sold him rather than extending.

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
Seems like the go-to strategy for cap hell teams is to maximize their core of good players and go cheap as possible with depth, then acquire depth at the trade deadline.

I prefer Juulsen as a 7/8 dman but I’m okay with him starting the season as the #6 dman because of the cap efficiency

So Allvin/Rutherford(btw we really need to create an acronym for these guys for lazy people like myself) need to identify which players are their core guys.

Forwards who can play with a 3rd wheel on their line and still be effective, dmen who can be effective if they’re the best dman on their pairing. Keep those guys, or acquire them, and let go of the expensive role players even if it hurts.
What the Canucks need is what they had this year. Lindholm at 4.75M, Zadorov at 3.75, Joshua at 900k. Those are the deals teams need to supplement the star players that are paid.
Vegas Barbashev 2.25 Hill 2.1 and a lot of cheating
Colorado Lekhonen 2.3 Cocaine bear 2.5M Manson 2M Mackinnon 6.3
Tampa Point 6.75 Cirelli 4.8 Coleman 1.8 Cernak 2.95

Canucks will not have near enough "good value" contracts unless some more gems are unearthed or some ELC players go boom.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Demko and Mikheylev could be packaged to make space for their UFAs and RFAs and the Canucks could get a positive return.

Who was more important in the playoffs:

Demko or Silovs-Keep Silovs

Demko or Lindholm-Keep Lindholm

Demko or Zadorov-Keep Zadorov

Demko or Joshua- Keep Joshua

Mikheylev or Silovs-Keep Silovs

Mikheylev or Lindholm-Keep Lindholm

Mikheylev or Zadorov-Keep Zadorov

Mikheylev or Joshua- Keep Joshua

• Haha
Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Britton

Nov 28, 2008
why'd they get rid of horvat if they're just gonna give almost horvat money to lindholm anyways? horvat was a real weapon on the power play (something they sorely need) and if they're going to walk away from hronek they got essentially nothing in return for horvat
Horvat and Lindholm are nothing alike apart from being centers. And there was definitely some kind of problem in the dressing room when he was here that suddenly disappeared as soon as he left. Could be a coincidence but I doubt it. Horvat is not a two way center, he struggles in match ups and despite decent size and bulk he's less physical than Lindholm. Lindholm is also a right hand shot center which they don't have without him unless you count Lafferty.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
What the Canucks need is what they had this year. Lindholm at 4.75M, Zadorov at 3.75, Joshua at 900k. Those are the deals teams need to supplement the star players that are paid.
Vegas Barbashev 2.25 Hill 2.1 and a lot of cheating
Colorado Lekhonen 2.3 Cocaine bear 2.5M Manson 2M Mackinnon 6.3
Tampa Point 6.75 Cirelli 4.8 Coleman 1.8 Cernak 2.95

Canucks will not have near enough "good value" contracts unless some more gems are unearthed or some ELC players go boom.
The only way for us is to control the risk, we can’t make a bunch of those 2.xM bets because they are all going to be pretty risky and if they all fail then you end up either a lost season.
It’s fine to spend money on some sure bets and pay the premium for it and then balance it out with some risky bets because that way you are setting the floor at a spot that is acceptable and the risky bets busting won’t hurt you as much.
Spent the 7.X on Lindholm and whatever winger. And then do some low cost bets everywhere else.

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
The only way for us is to control the risk, we can’t make a bunch of those 2.xM bets because they are all going to be pretty risky and if they all fail then you end up either a lost season.
It’s fine to spend money on some sure bets and pay the premium for it and then balance it out with some risky bets because that way you are setting the floor at a spot that is acceptable and the risky bets busting won’t hurt you as much.
Spent the 7.X on Lindholm and whatever winger. And then do some low cost bets everywhere else.
The issue isn't so much who to bet on, it's the fact that they won with those cheap cap hits. Then re-signed those players to larger contracts which have cost those teams depth. Plus lack of prospects due to trading for those good contracts.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Big Z is a priority, he’s an X factor, a game changer with his physicality, every Canuck feels an inch taller and 5 pounds heavier with him in the lineup. The Canucks out hit both teams in both series and a big part of that was Zadorov leading the way.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
So you'd stretch as far out as a 3 year deal to sign the second coming of Chara eh? For the record, i don't believe he's the second coming of big Z, who was a unicorn. His fitness level and compete were off the charts. But even at a $6MM cap hit, he'd be about 60% less than what it cost the Bruins to sign Chara when he left Ottawa. You're living in a fantasy land if you think you're getting ANY highly coveted UFA on the right side of 30 on a 2 or 3 year deal. FWIW re risk mitigation, we just got to test drive him for 5 months and he fit like a glove. great in the room, teammates and coaching staff loved him.

The Nurse (11.35%) and Jones (11.66%) signings are just horrible comps where the team massively overpaid on a % of cap basis for guys with huge defensive deficiencies. we're talking about paying Zadorov about half that amount and getting a guy that is a far better 5v5 defender than either of them. And neither of those guys are in the same ballpark when it comes to physical play. Parayko is a good player and the cap hit isn't outrageous, but the timing of the signing was odd as it was becoming obvious that their window had closed. probably should have sold him rather than extending.

do you think zadorov is a better defenseman than what 2020 nurse or 2021 jones projected to be? both of those guys landed their contracts on the basis of similar (but longer) hot stretches to what zadorov just had, but they were both high 1st round picks with a lot more pedigree, at a younger age, and with a much longer track record of top-4/top pairing play. oh, and those guys put up offensive numbers (albeit on bad teams and without quinn hughes in front of them) way beyond what zadorov has ever done.

i think zadorov is a third pairing guy who looked good in a short spurt as a #4. if the going price to keep him is as if he's a second pairing defenseman (or more) already, no thank you. but if they are paying him at that level, i'd hope that he has upside well beyond that so the team has some upside left to capture. hence, the chara comment.

as for the likelihood of getting him for 2 or 3 years - already said i agree with you that he's getting 5+ year offers. but he's a pretty confident (borderline arrogant?) dude - maybe he's willing to bet on himself and take a "bridge" deal at the dollar amount that he's looking for (~6m/yr) from the canucks which as you describe, offer a pretty good situation for him, with the hopes that he does become chara-lite (or develop a track record similar to nurse and jones) and can maybe command 9+ in a couple years in an inflated cap environment.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
So...after recovering from last night (sorta) i spent a stupid amount of time today fiddling around thinking about things and playing with cap situations and just having a little bit of fun to try to lift my spirits after a pretty crushing loss.

This is basically what i landed on. Which is probably being very optimistic with some cap numbers and generally just wistful about a lot of things. But...here goes...

------------------------------

-Trade Hronek. Probably to a team like Buffalo who need a natural RHD badly and need to make a push. I'm not even sure exactly what it would be...but it'd be a futures package. Maybe shoot for a guy like Savoie.

-Whatever that package is, should be something that Vegas covets. Trade whatever you get for Hronek for Shea Theodore, where there's increasing smoke that he's about to go on the block. He only has a year left on his $5.2M sweetheart deal but that's enough to buy us another year to get the cap situation rectified and he's a straight up better player than Hronek. Basically just swapping Hronek for Theodore and using that cheap cap hit to kick the can an extra year down the road.

-Trade Mikheyev to Pittsburgh for Ryan Graves and Reilly Smith (with a couple million bucks retained for the year). It's pretty darn clear that Graves was a mistake signing for the Penguins and just doesn't fit there. Dubas loves Mikky. Mikky is more or less the same salary and a similar case of "right idea, wrong player" here. I can't see another way out of the Mikheyev deal without adding a bunch of assets and futures to dump him...and personally, i still think Graves is a very good defenceman. He's a lot like Zadorov who thrived here under this system as a big aggressive defenceman. He's only a year removed from playing as a very good matchup defenceman with Marino on a playoff team. Huge gamble on him bouncing back...but it's basically a swap of cap dumps, so the "risk" is...whatever.

-Trade someone like Raty to the Habs for Josh Anderson (with $1-2M retained) and Justin Barron. Not sure what sort of prospect they'd want, but Raty is a big guy and they seem to constantly be looking for big Centers. I think they'd obviously like to dump the bulk of Anderson's salary if they can...he also seems like a major change of scenery candidate who looked frustrated there last year but he's still a rare specimen with actual offensive talent, huge size, speed, and physicality. He's also a RH shot that might be nice to camp out in front of the net on the Powerplay. The salary retention would basically put him in the same realm as what Dakota is likely to command, with more speed. Barron would sort of be the "throw-in" who is likely the odd man out in their crowded blueline anyway. But a cheap RHD with some offensive upside would help backfill for moving Hronek and replacing him with a LH shooter as well as basically just plugging in to replace the Chaos Giraffe.

-Re-sign Bluegers somewhere in the neighborhood of 2-3 years @ $2.3M.
-Re-sign Lafferty somewhere around 2 years @ $1.3M or less if for no other reason than his chemistry with Hoggy, size+speed when he was using it.
-Re-sign Silovs for a couple years @ ~$1M. Hopefully his playoffs haven't put that out of reach.
-General houskeeping with the other RFAs.

-Sign Jake DeBrusk at something around $5-5.5M for 6 years if you have to. Dude is fast, tenacious, a beast on the forecheck great around the net, has some natural goal-scoring instincts and basically built to be the perfect complement to Petey. He's basically...a better version of what Mikheyev was supposed to be.

-Sign Grandpa Tanev to come home and close out his career with Vancouver. Probably two years at somewhere in the $3-4M range. Have a contingency plan to move up for the games he'll miss. :laugh:

Based on my ambitious accounting...that still gives them a little under a million bucks in wiggle room that i'm sure would be eaten up by the actual contracts. But a roster with a bunch of huge gambles that looks something like...

----------------------------------------

DeBrusk-Pettersson-Smith
Suter-Miller-Boeser
Anderson-Bluegers-Garland
Hoglander-Aman-Lafferty

*PDG
*Podkolzin

Hughes-Tanev
Graves-Theodore
Soucy-Barron

*Juulsen/Wolanin

1.Demko
2.Silovs

Obviously being a little generous on some things and there's a lot of "what if?" to it. Plus the fact that it's a huge amount of roster turnover (though i think that's likely anyway and it's not like they didn't just do that this year either).

But i like that group. Hate that it probably means cutting a guy like Zadorov loose. But i just don't see how you can make that work if he's looking for the reported $6M deal. I adore Zadorov but you just can't spend that money on a somewhat inconsistent 4/5 Tweener. Could almost afford him if i weren't taking on Graves in this scenario...but i think that's just the reality of what it'll cost to unload Mikheyev without giving up premium futures assets. And in a lot of ways...i think Graves is the better defenceman anyway.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Lindholm, Zadorov & Joshua = Priority.

Trade Hronek for picks to clear up cap space.

Everyone else can be replaced in free agency as a lot of good options are available.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
do you think zadorov is a better defenseman than what 2020 nurse or 2021 jones projected to be? both of those guys landed their contracts on the basis of similar (but longer) hot stretches to what zadorov just had, but they were both high 1st round picks with a lot more pedigree, at a younger age, and with a much longer track record of top-4/top pairing play. oh, and those guys put up offensive numbers (albeit on bad teams and without quinn hughes in front of them) way beyond what zadorov has ever done.

i think zadorov is a third pairing guy who looked good in a short spurt as a #4. if the going price to keep him is as if he's a second pairing defenseman (or more) already, no thank you. but if they are paying him at that level, i'd hope that he has upside well beyond that so the team has some upside left to capture. hence, the chara comment.

as for the likelihood of getting him for 2 or 3 years - already said i agree with you that he's getting 5+ year offers. but he's a pretty confident (borderline arrogant?) dude - maybe he's willing to bet on himself and take a "bridge" deal at the dollar amount that he's looking for (~6m/yr) from the canucks which as you describe, offer a pretty good situation for him, with the hopes that he does become chara-lite (or develop a track record similar to nurse and jones) and can maybe command 9+ in a couple years in an inflated cap environment.

I don't think I would sign Zadarov at 6 mil, but even at 6 mil, he would still be a much better D than Jones or Nurse, and on a much better contract.

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
Big Z is a priority, he’s an X factor, a game changer with his physicality, every Canuck feels an inch taller and 5 pounds heavier with him in the lineup. The Canucks out hit both teams in both series and a big part of that was Zadorov leading the way.
Weird because I've never heard anything about "Zadorov took over that period" or "Zadorov is dragging his team into this game." Hear it most games for Hughes when he is on. Hughes when he is on, moves the needle big time. Zadorov even in his best of games, no one is talking about Norris trophy candidate. Zadorov is Josh Manson who signed for 4.5M. Which with the increased cap would be around 5M a year.

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
Here’s my spreadsheet for upcoming UFAs, each team’s cap situation, and a trade tracker. I update the spreadsheet daily. I use CapFriendly to create this list and AFP Analytics for the contract projections.

Top-6 Forwards
Sam ReinhartRW288y/10.25m
Jake GuentzelW296y/7.94m
Steven StamkosLW/C343y/6.30m
Jonathan MarchessaultW333y/6.25m
Joe PavelskiRW391y/3.94m
Matt DucheneRW/C333y/6.46m
Sean MonahanFW293y/2.87m
Tyler ToffoliW325y/6.53m
Jonathan DrouinW294y/4.46m
Teuvo TeravainenW295y/6.13m
Vladimir TarasenkoRW323y/5.64m
Adam HenriqueLW/C342y/4.60m
Chandler StephensonC/LW305y/5.77m
Max DomiC/RW293y/4.17m
Patrick KaneRW352y/5.51m
Elias LindholmC/RW297y/8.04m
Anthony ManthaW293y/4.40m
Daniel SprongW273y/3.89m
Jake DeBruskW275y/5.92m
David PerronW362y/2.80m
Tyler BertuzziW295y/6.00m
Anthony DuclairW283y/3.22m
Jason ZuckerW323y/5.46m
Jack RoslovicC/RW273y/3.11m
Max PaciorettyLW35
Alexander BarabanovW303y/3.03m

Top-4 Defecemen
Shayne GostisbehereLD/RD313y/4.38m
Brady SkjeiLD306y/7.39m
Noah HanifinLD277y/7.69m
Brandon MontourRD307y/8.71m
Oliver Ekman-LarssonLD323y/3.67m
Dylan DeMeloRD314y/5.07m
Sean WalkerLD/RD294y/4.87m
Matt RoyRD294y/5.58m
TJ BrodieLD/RD343y/4.91m
Brenden DillonLD332y/3.91m
Alexandre CarrierRD273y/3.57m
Nikita ZadorovLD/RD294y/5.10m
Chris TanevRD343y/4.68m
Brett PesceRD296y/6.72m
Matt GrzelcykLD303y/4.07m
Oliver KylingtonLD/RD27

Bottom-6 Forwards
James van RiemsdykW351y/1.50m
Warren FoegeleW284y/3.58m
Stefan NoesenW312y/3.23m
Danton HeinenW28
Tyler JohnsonFW33
Alexander WennbergC294y/4.21m
Jordan MartinookW312y/2.79m
Dakota JoshuaLW283y/3.00m
Michael AmadioW28
Teddy BluegerC/LW292y/2.56m
Sam LaffertyFW292y/1.72m
Kiefer SherwoodW29
Mike HoffmanLW341y/1.86m
Tomas TatarW331y/2.21m
Kyle OkposoRW361y/1.96m
Kasperi KapanenRW27
Andrew CoglianoLW37
Jakob SilfverbergW332y/2.78m
Cal ClutterbuckRW36
Corey PerryRW39
Patrick MaroonW36
Yakov TreninLW/C273y/3.33m
Dominik KubalikW282y/1.34m
Anthony BeauvillierW27
Sam CarrickC/RW32
Tanner PearsonLW31
Zemgus GirgensonsLW/C302y/1.74m
Colin BlackwellC/RW31
Brandon DuhaimeW27
Nick CousinsLW/C30
Connor BrownW30
Joel KivirantaW28
William CarrierLW293y/2.68m
Tyler MotteW293y/2.55m
Samuel BlaisW281y/0.94m
Tyson JostC26

Bottom-Pairing Defencemen
Erik GustafssonLD323y/4.99m
Tyler MyersRD342y/2.67m
Justin SchultzRD332y/3.81m
Kevin ShattenkirkRD351y/1.37m
Jalen ChatfieldRD283y/2.77m
Mike ReillyLD301y/1.24m
Dmitry KulikovLD/RD33
Alec MartinezLD361y/1.7m
Tyson BarrieRD322y/3.72m
Jani HakanpaaRD322y/2.38m
Ian ColeLD/RD352y/3.09m
Matt DumbaRD293y/3.73m
Colin MillerRD31
Mark GiordanoLD401y/3.11m
Marco ScandellaLD34
Calvin De HaanLD/RD33
Josh BrownRD30
Ilya LyubushkinRD301y/1.31m
Joel EdmundsonLD/RD31
Troy StecherRD30
Derek ForbortLD32
Erik JohnsonRD361y/1.13m

Forward Depth
Christian FischerW27
Craig SmithRW34
Victor OlofssonW28
Trevor LewisRW/C37
Justin BaileyRW29
Kevin StenlundC/RW27
Jeff CarterRW/C39
Ryan CarpenterRW/C33
Nicolas Aube-KubelRW282y/1.53m
AJ GreerW27
Liam O'BrienW29
Chris TierneyC30
Mattias JanmarkW31
Sam GagnerRW/C34
Brendan SmithLD/RD35
Eric RobinsonLW29
Zach PariseLW39
Kevin LabancW282y/1.94m
Fredrik OlofssonC/LW28
Alex Barre-BouletW27
Matt MartinW35
Radim ZohornaW28
Pierre-Edouard BellemareC/LW39
Tyler PitlickRW32
Austin WatsonW32
Tomas NosekLW/C31
Jansen HarkinsLW27
Rourke ChartierC28
Steven LorentzFW28

Defensive Depth
Jack JohnsonLD37
Anthony DeangeloRD282y/1.80m
Jarred TinordiLD32
Sebastian AhoLD28
Dakota MermisLD/RD30
Jacob MacDonaldLD/RD31
Dennis GilbertLD27
Nikita ZaitsevRD32
Nick DeSimoneRD29
Travis DermottLD/RD27
Caleb JonesLD/RD27
Chad RuhwedelRD34
William LagesonLD/RD28

Goaltenders
Cam TalbotG361y/1.89m
Ilya SamsonovG272y/3.26m
Alex NedeljkovicG282y/2.00m
Kaapo KahkonenG272y/2.93m
Scott WedgewoodG312y/1.57m
Casey DeSmithG321y/2.02m
Anthony StolarzG302y/1.91m
James ReimarG36
Antti RaantaG351y/1.31m
David RittichG31
Kevin LankinenG291y/1.58m
Laurent BrossoitG312y/1.95m
Calvin PickardG32
Martin JonesG34
Is there a list for what RFA's would project to get?

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Weird because I've never heard anything about "Zadorov took over that period" or "Zadorov is dragging his team into this game." Hear it most games for Hughes when he is on. Hughes when he is on, moves the needle big time. Zadorov even in his best of games, no one is talking about Norris trophy candidate. Zadorov is Josh Manson who signed for 4.5M. Which with the increased cap would be around 5M a year.

Lol obviously he’s not Hughes. He brings an element that allows players like Hughes (Willander) to excel. You want JT to drop the gloves when someone takes a run at Hughes?

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
why'd they get rid of horvat if they're just gonna give almost horvat money to lindholm anyways? horvat was a real weapon on the power play (something they sorely need) and if they're going to walk away from hronek they got essentially nothing in return for horvat
Defensively, lindholm >>>horvat. Plus, he’s a much better skater to boot. That probably translates into a much gentler aging curve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad