Pre-Game Talk: CBJ @ Avs Thurs 7PM MST

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Kobasew is useless. They should just play 7 defense and 11 forwards since Downie is out, or just call up someone else. Hell even sign someone unsigned would be better then Kobasew
Kobasew isn't useless at all. He's a good PK player and a nice energy guy on the bottom lines.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Avs have had a slow start at home recent years. Getting a few wins early this season would help creating a positive buzz around the team.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I've liked what I have seen from Malone. The guy works very hard and is a good enough skater for NHL. He probably would have made the team instead of Bordeleau had he not been injured during camp.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I thought Barrie mostly was just nervous/panicked last couple of games, and that it might be a little hasty to send him back now.

That being said, I'm totally down to see how Hunwick plays. He was actually pretty good last year.

I don't see Barrie a big enough upgrade over Hunwick to leave him scratched. Send Barrie down for now. Having a bit more seasoning in the AHL never hurts and having him in the NHL this year won't be a huge on his development. IMO, either the AHL or NHL will be beneficial for him. Hunwick on the other hand had one horrendous year, but last year he looked decent.

If he plays well and we're out of the hunt we can sell him at the deadline.

AMDZen

ME in the RED Circle
Apr 7, 2010
Denver
Home.Page.ZeN
If we keep losing to inner division foes (Wild) it doesn't matter that we win against the other western conference teams like the Kings.

In the last 3 years or so, Avs have been nearly unbeatable against the eastern conference teams but we don't have that luxury this year. Next Tuesday against Vancouver we will see what's up

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I've liked what I have seen from Malone. The guy works very hard and is a good enough skater for NHL. He probably would have made the team instead of Bordeleau had he not been injured during camp.

I really like Malone. I think this could be a nice opportunity for him.

I think the Downie injury also means that we are likely to see Sgarbossa makes his debut at some point this season, assuming additional forward injuries.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Kobasew is useless. They should just play 7 defense and 11 forwards since Downie is out, or just call up someone else. Hell even sign someone unsigned would be better then Kobasew

He's a better penalty killer than half the guys we used last night and he actually has some speed. I think people will be pleasantly surprised by what Kobasew displays tomorrow night.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Well with Downie going out, it will only take Sacco until game 3 to put Johnny Malkin as a permanent fixture on the PP. Hopefully he does better there with us than he did with the Rangers last season.

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
At least we have pk people to use now. I just don't like the idea of using your top guys on the pk. Ever since Stastny took that shot breaking his forearm , makes me uneasy everytime they go for a block.

Last edited:

AMDZen

ME in the RED Circle
Apr 7, 2010
Denver
Home.Page.ZeN
I guess we'll just agree to disagree in Kobasew. He'll have his opportunity to prove one way or the other in the coming games. If he was valuable he wouldnt have been benched in favor of Bordeleau to start the season

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Jack Johnson is logging insane icetime in Columbus. Close to or over 30 minutes each night. I wish our Johnson had that stamina.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Meh, our Johnson is bigger.
But the old adage says, "it's not the size of it, it's how you use it." And they're using their's way more.

Jokes aside it would be nice to see Wilson continue his strong play, and if he does for him and EJ to play 24 minutes in a game.

Mr Brownstone

Aug 31, 2003
596 miles away

Malone was consistently LEM's best forechecker. He should be a good energy guy to have in the lineup. He's got a little bit of skill, too. Has a good set of hands for a guy who will play an energy role.

I think he'll be a nice fit to play 9-10 minutes a night.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Malone was consistently LEM's best forechecker. He should be a good energy guy to have in the lineup. He's got a little bit of skill, too. Has a good set of hands for a guy who will play an energy role.

I think he'll be a nice fit to play 9-10 minutes a night.
I know you follow the LEMs closely nd I haven't had the chance to watch them often so maybe you can answer my question.

Not that I put a lot of weight on the +/- stat but Malone is tied for worst on the team in that stat. I always thought he was pretty decent defensively. He was certainly doing a good job for the Avs when he was up last year. What do you attribute his -8 for LEMs?

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
When they get good goaltending, Columbus is a pretty good team. Mason was brutal last year.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
What is the deal with Pock? Can we call him up? From the games I saw he was good on the PP and got shots to the net. Also a LH. Can anyone with a better understanding of LEM let me know your opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad