GDT: Cesko vs Kanada

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Really geared up for this one,

I expect nothing but the best from the Czechs in front of their home crowd with a lot riding on the win for them and after adding Zacha, Necas, and Pasta. Expecting a one goal game , I would say it's 50-50 chance going into this game.

I always love to win of course but it's not life or death, from here on in it all gets tough no matter who you play.

Good luck on having your team give their best effort Czech fans, as fans that is really all we can ask from our teams.

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Big day for the Czechs...

I like to call it avoid the US in the quarters day!

2 scenarios do that.

1. we beat Canada clean in regulation
2. Finns beat Swiss clean in regulation

Those aren't insane odds to me. I'm not saying either is a sure thing but one of those 2 things could happen... maybe.lol

Ooops! GBR beat Austria.. didn't see that coming.

Ok, scenario 2 is now Latvia beats the US.

Let's face it, we are facing the US.lol

Also, a very exciting day because the Czechs get to see some of their heroes in the lineup.. Pasta, Necas and Zacha. It's a big change and a good problem to have but it's still a potential chemistry problem. Time will tell.. good luck Canada.
So, gentlest of gentle Czech posters and Brno patriot, what is your view in the whole Cesko / Cechy / Cesi thing?

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
So, gentlest of gentle Czech posters and Brno patriot, what is your view in the whole Cesko / Cechy / Cesi thing?
I hate Czechia with a burning passion. Should've been Cesko from the start or keep it as Czech Republic. It's too close to Chechnya and a whole bunch of confused hockey men keep calling us Chechnya (and still Czechoslovakia.lol).

I also had no idea calling it Kanada would cause so much uproar.lol I almost did Cesko vs Rakousko a few days go... thank god I didn't.lol

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Really geared up for this one,

I expect nothing but the best from the Czechs in front of their home crowd with a lot riding on the win for them and after adding Zacha, Necas, and Pasta. Expecting a one goal game , I would say it's 50-50 chance going into this game.

I always love to win of course but it's not life or death, from here on in it all gets tough no matter who you play.

Good luck on having your team give their best effort Czech fans, as fans that is really all we can ask from our teams.
just a general point not only linked to this game: man, I love our hockey community of fans! In football (soccer), opposition fans often need to be separated, there is hatred, violence, etc… (and I love football very passionately). In our game, we already know that the fans in Prague will party together afterwards, no matter who wins, and even at the knockout stages which matter much more, the worst you will get is some fans of the winners or losers or both behaving less than gracefully verbally, but that’s it. Most likely even that won’t be too bad. It’s how it should be in every sport, and we want passion and fierce support for our own, but we don’t want rivalry spilling over into hatred, and in hockey it does do very rarely.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
just a general point not only linked to this game: man, I love our hockey community of fans! In football (soccer), opposition fans often need to be separated, there is hatred, violence, etc… (and I love football very passionately). In our game, we already know that the fans in Prague will party together afterwards, no matter who wins, and even at the knockout stages which matter much more, the worst you will get is some fans of the winners or losers or both behaving less than gracefully verbally, but that’s it. Most likely even that won’t be too bad. It’s how it should be in every sport, and we want passion and fierce support for our own, but we don’t want rivalry spilling over into hatred, and in hockey it does do very rarely.
Very well said, Of course we are all passionate about our team and competitive but we also know that you can't win them all and stay civil. After all we have known each other for quite some time now and are reasonable adults. We re not perfect but all in all I think our standard as fans is pretty damn good.

HabSgt

Go Habs D'OH
Oct 19, 2019
Montreal
Settling in with the Colada Baileys for this one.

Cheering for le Canada but would not be surprised to see the Czechs win it.

Should be a good one. If not, well I still have Colada Baileys.

• Haha
Reactions: jj cale

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad