GDT: Cesko vs Kanada

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Great first period, both goalies sharp so far.

Tanev is gonna need a long vacation on a hot beach after this tourney, he's blocked so many hard shots, real warrior.

Reactions: NyQuil

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Great first period, both goalies sharp so far.

Tanev is gonna need a long vacation on a hot beach after this tourney, he's blocked so many hard shots, real warrior.

I was like, yeah, he's Chris Tanev's younger brother.

*checks his age*

32??? Not that much younger LOL.

It's a mess in our own zone.

In this tournament, Canada has been a heavy forechecking team that creates off the cycle, which is a bit out of character from past teams.

Czechs will have the edge in transition and in overall speed, and will probably create more off the rush.

• Haha
Reactions: jj cale

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
just a general point not only linked to this game: man, I love our hockey community of fans! In football (soccer), opposition fans often need to be separated, there is hatred, violence, etc… (and I love football very passionately). In our game, we already know that the fans in Prague will party together afterwards, no matter who wins, and even at the knockout stages which matter much more, the worst you will get is some fans of the winners or losers or both behaving less than gracefully verbally, but that’s it. Most likely even that won’t be too bad. It’s how it should be in every sport, and we want passion and fierce support for our own, but we don’t want rivalry spilling over into hatred, and in hockey it does do very rarely.
I'll add the old school format of Davis and fed cup. Those games were unbelievable atmospheres.

Reactions: Old Man Jags

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Watching in and out . Looked even to my eye. Saw a Nuck hit a post. Good game? Three day weekend. 1 game. Back to work... Biggest game of tournament.lol

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Well I think we've got what we wanted fellas, a tight intense game.

Think it's time for the DJ'S to bust out some good old Karel Gott through the speakers and then we're all set.
They played British music during gbr game.. so I fully expect heave away to be piped in!

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Hope we make 3 points and play against Germany, we have unfinished business with them

I think the Finns will still want to turn their tournament around with some positive momentum so I don’t see them taking this game lightly even if they’ve qualified.

Should be a good one!

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
I think the Finns will still want to turn their tournament around with some positive momentum so I don’t see them taking this game lightly even if they’ve qualified.

Should be a good one!

Absolutely, very hard game for us

Reactions: Czechboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad