GDT: Cesko vs Kanada

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Still can't believe Austria lost this morning... Latvia down 2-0 to US. Nothing is going how I'd like.lol
I can. That's the point about teams like Austria. Everyone suddenly made them out to be some crazy, invincible new hockey overlords after a few good games. As I said in another comment, I was impressed and suddenly feared we may lose against them, but also said that we should not forget they are still Austria and lost 1-5 against Denmark.

EDIT: You and I had this conversation in 2022. I said that anything is possible in a one-off game when you were concerned Austria might beat us, but ultimately we have to acknowledge we are favourites because this is still hockey, we are still the Czech Republic and they are still Austria. And then they beat us on penalties for the first and only time ever :) But my original post stands.

Last edited:

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Whew, this game has been as even as it gets. both teams getting some chances but neither has imposed their will for any appreciable time.

As a fan you really appreciate the defensive work of both teams though, it's gritty, focused, and intense.

Both goalies with good performances.

Reactions: ORRFForever

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Yeah, I don’t know who he is either. Sorry.
I know. I am joking. He was a tremendous and iconic singer over 6 decades, but obviously would not be known by people outside the Czech Republic (and some other European countries - for example, for some reason, he was unbelievably popular in Germany and there is no German under the age of 30 who does not know him).

Reactions: jj cale and NyQuil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad