GDT: Cesko vs Kanada

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I know. I am joking. He was a tremendous and iconic singer over 6 decades, but obviously would not be known by people outside the Czech Republic (and some other European countries - for example, for some reason, he was unbelievably popular in Germany and there is no German under the age of 30 who does not know him).

Unfortunately, I left Germany in 1990 (aside from a bunch of visits since then) so I guess it's after my time there.

MeHateHe

Dec 24, 2006
Two scoreless periods and I've forgotten what life is. Is it loaf? No, life is leaf. Hmm. That doesn't sound quite right. Life is left?

I have to leave for a swim at 12:40, I was worried the game would not be over by then but this is a nicely paced game so.... :thumbu:
Between your Chinese food runs and your swimming, I'm starting to wonder if you like hockey at all.

swissdude

May 18, 2019
Yeah, I don’t know who he is either. Sorry.
I don't think somebody who grew up in NA can be blamed for not knowing him. But he was extremely famous around here also in the german speaking countires since he sung the title song of a very popular cartoon tv series so basically every kid born in the 70ies know him. but now back to this great game :)

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Two scoreless periods and I've forgotten what life is. Is it loaf? No, life is leaf. Hmm. That doesn't sound quite right. Life is left?

Between your Chinese food runs and your swimming, I'm starting to wonder if you like hockey at all.
Ha, ha. I love hockey but I am not a young man and I need to milk life for all it is worth. :)

Reactions: jj cale

HabSgt

Go Habs D'OH
Oct 19, 2019
Montreal
His version of CCR's Down on the Corner in the 1960s was better than the original for me, because he is a much better vocalist than the CCR bloke.

And he evolved musically over 6 decades. Did a version of Forever Young with a German rapper called Bushido (an absolute ****, but whatever :))
Blasphemy

1716306820282.jpeg

• Haha

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Unfortunately, I left Germany in 1990 (aside from a bunch of visits since then) so I guess it's after my time there.
Not really. I lived in Germany 1981 - 1990. Gott was on TV a lot (ARD, ZDF, not a lot more was around then). One of my passports is German! :cool:

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia

Don't forget attending Mass!!

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Very tight game, Canada has a bit more of those heavy chances imo, but we are also having great moment

Fortunate to be in the arena right now, what a thrill!
That is fantastic to hear, really happy for you!! Enjoy! can you post some pictures here?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad