GWT: Champions League Final - Real Madrid v. Dortmund - June 1

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
wow, this sucks!
pure absolute unbridled cope

1. g+a are not everything (altho i can imagine a United fan thinking they are - given how few goals you guys score i can conceive of looking longingly and yearningly at literally anyone scoring)
2. sancho was literally motm in the sf first leg
3. he could be sucking absolute dogshit and still the fact that he has started every UCL game dortmund have played since he got there would be redemption compared to his miserable time at Man U

i get it! if my club had a 13 year track record of champion's league underperformance and wingers who suck ass, i'd be mad that the player we'd exiled was succeeding and gonna start a champion's league final too!

but maybe try and be happy for your ex-players who are succeeding in a better environment. i cheer for pulisic, tomori, and loftus-cheek. i cheer for ziyech. BOY DO I EVER CHEER FOR TIMO. havertz annoys the shit outta me but ultimately i'm glad that his departure was a win-win and he seems to be happy.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
wow, this sucks!

pure absolute unbridled cope

1. g+a are not everything (altho i can imagine a United fan thinking they are - given how few goals you guys score i can conceive of looking longingly and yearningly at literally anyone scoring)
2. sancho was literally motm in the sf first leg
3. he could be sucking absolute dogshit and still the fact that he has started every UCL game dortmund have played since he got there would be redemption compared to his miserable time at Man U

i get it! if my club had a 13 year track record of champion's league underperformance and wingers who suck ass, i'd be mad that the player we'd exiled was succeeding and gonna start a champion's league final too!

but maybe try and be happy for your ex-players who are succeeding in a better environment. i cheer for pulisic, tomori, and loftus-cheek. i cheer for ziyech. BOY DO I EVER CHEER FOR TIMO. havertz annoys the shit outta me but ultimately i'm glad that his departure was a win-win and he seems to be happy.
Not an ex-player until he's sold to a huge amount to whoever. Sancho's done very little in a United kit to make the fans miss him.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Now all people (or at least taxpayers) from all EU countries will join in sponsoring Dortmund as their countries buy Rheinmetall products.

Very few (if any) other clubs can claim to have so many people financially contributing.
That’s nice of them I guess

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

When did BorussiaInc become the people’s club? :sarcasm:

How did BVB finish just 5th in Bundesliga?

Because 4 teams were better than them this season *shrug* They've defended very well in the CL and played very organized football...for the most part...but in the league that hasn't been the case.

For much of the season Köbel was keeping them in games they had no business being in, and Brandt was the only outfield player who had a strong hinrunde. They've been better in the 2nd half of the season in the BuLi, but still haven't been as good as Bayer, Bayern, Stuttgart, or Leipzig.

Last edited:

erikhamren

DWDWw
May 7, 2021
Sweden
This is a big game between Ronaldo FC and Messi FC. If Dortmund wins, Messi FC will have a field day on social media and it will be unbearable. Must win for us (Ronaldo FC)

• Haha
Reactions: luiginb

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
If Dortmund win today, would Terzic be the 3rd/4th worst winning manager of all time in the CL/European Cup?

Red Star Belgrade's manager Ljupko Petrovic in 1990/91 will remain worst IMO, he really had a career year that season (he was in charge only for that one season), but it was really because of the some great players the team had. He bounced around a lot after that (including another stints with Red Star), but at least won some other titles in lesser leagues.

Although I think you could reasonably argue Aston Villa (winners in 1981/82) manager Tony Barton to be worst. It was before my time, so personally can't really judge him. But outside of that final win, his career was rather terrible. He wasn't even in charge of Villa (Ron Saunders was) during the previous season, which earned Villa the qialification for European Cup for the next season when they won it. He only became manager 3 months before the final. He then had two average season in charge of Villa (finishing 6th and 10th place in the league) before being sacked. Soon after he had a heart attack and his managerial career was over.

So not that different from Di Matteo, but still somewhat worse career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad