Proposal: CHI-FLA

MicronMega

Jan 31, 2022
Toronto, NY
CHI acquires Knight

FLA acquires 20th overall in 2024 and Soderblom

CHI is in the beginning of a rebuild and could use a high-end goalie prospect with #1 potential. Knight comes with some red flags but still has great upside.

FLA is in win-now mode where they need to give up assets to make the playoff push each year. 20th overall allows them to keep a quality prospect in the system so that the prospect pool is not empty. They could draft a guy like Sennecke or Boisvert who would fit their style of play.

Soderblom gives them a younger Stolarz who is under contract for less than a million. This deal helps both teams financially. CHI has the cap space to take on Knights contract and it gives FLA cap relief to acquire more pieces to the puzzle.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Commesso had carbon copy AHL stats to Knight, and while not as physically gifted, they invested a pretty high pick in him and Gajan last year. I’m not sure they should be in the business quite yet of off-loading their better picks for more goalies which aren’t a sure thing.

Knight also looked like he was turning a corner at the end of last year and while granted, it was in the AHL, I’d be surprised if he wasn’t still the long-term answer for Florida. I get the addition of financial flexibility and re-stocking picks but Bob isn’t young and goalies can fall off quickly.

It seems a reasonable proposition but I could see both teams being “meh…” on it even if the value is in the ballpark.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
getting a 1st that you would then need to flip for a different asset that is ready now is not great asset management.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
FLA acquires 20th overall in 2024 and Soderblom

CHI is in the beginning of a rebuild and could use a high-end goalie prospect with #1 potential. Knight comes with some red flags but still has great upside.

No interest as Hawk fan in giving up 20th for Knight who at this point is a ? as far as development with regression in his game

And Hawks already have a younger high-end goalie prospect with #1 potential in Drew Commesso who played on par with Knight last year in AHL despite being younger, playing on worse team and being a rookie at professional level

Commesso (21 yrs old) = 18-16-4 with 2.65 GAA and .906 Sv Pct (+ 2 SO)
Knight (23 yrs old) = 25-14-5 with 2.41 GAA and .905 Sv Pct (+ 5 SO)

Hawks also used the 35th overall pick on Adam Gajan at last years draft

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad