Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
CC285ADE-0952-416A-8711-1B4BCA3A68F7.gif
Waking up to the WCF feels so f***in good

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
I don't want to be an ass on the mains, but I'll say it here. Nucks fans think this is the start of an "era" and the future looks super bright etc.

What do they have for the future besides Hughes, their only D-man not to register a goal in this series? Miller is on the wrong side of 30 and Demko is injury prone. Boeser is good but had a career year and is obviously a bit of a question mark for health reasons.

Their cap situation is iffy with Pettersson looking like the second coming of Mitch Marner, and the OEL buyout getting worse in the coming years.

They had a massive statistical outlier of a year that they interpret as a big step forward for their group. Next year they may well come in over confident but unable to fly under the radar.

Puck luck regressing to the mean on top of that and before you know it they are the Seattle Kraken or, welp, the 17-18 Edmonton Oilers.

Maybe it's my animosity for their team and fans that makes me reach for this, but I wouldn't be surprised if they've fired Tocchet this time next year.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
You could literally see Skinner track the pass and react to the shot.
Yep, I see it now…when I first watched, I thought Zadorov was standing a bit more to Skinner’s right. Zadorov with the best shot block of the night.

Spoiler alert: Correcting a claim about divorce rates in Alberta on the Canucks board gets you your first thread ban in 21 years.
There’s Canucks facts and then there’s the truth. They don’t like the latter ‘round those parts.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
When you look at the Canucks roster you see that next season Miller will be 32, Boeser will be 28 and Petey will be 26 (if he isn't hiding from Tocchet in the parking lot). They are not a really young team up front.

They have superior goaltending to the Oilers but its certainly not a given that the Canucks will win the division.

Anyway, congratulations to the Canucks for a fine season--they are a very good hockey team but ....well.. ultimately they were the 2nd best team in the division.

Last edited:

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
I don't want to be an ass on the mains, but I'll say it here. Nucks fans think this is the start of an "era" and the future looks super bright etc.

What do they have for the future besides Hughes, their only D-man not to register a goal in this series? Miller is on the wrong side of 30 and Demko is injury prone. Boeser is good but had a career year and is obviously a bit of a question mark for health reasons.

Their cap situation is iffy with Pettersson looking like the second coming of Mitch Marner, and the OEL buyout getting worse in the coming years.

They had a massive statistical outlier of a year that they interpret as a big step forward for their group. Next year they may well come in over confident but unable to fly under the radar.

Puck luck regressing to the mean on top of that and before you know it they are the Seattle Kraken or, welp, the 17-18 Edmonton Oilers.

Maybe it's my animosity for their team and fans that makes me reach for this, but I wouldn't be surprised if they've fired Tocchet this time next year.
Calling it now. That team isnt making the playoffs next year.

oljimmy

May 9, 2013
Rewatching this morning and while I know that everyone is going to be screaming for McLeod's removal, the coaches watching the tape will see an otherwise fine game marred by two mistakes. Yes, that giveaway can't happen and the team needs confidence in their roster. But RM made several good plays and was a good force on the forecheck and an excellent PK guy. He played generally smart hockey and was an effective bottom six and PK forward.

The oilers won this game not because their offense was particularly dangerous but because they could roll four lines and their bottom 6 two checking lines gave Vancouver fits for the first two periods. Very tough call to scratch a good player who is playing an effective system on the basis of one mistake. Obviously his playoff boxcars need to improve but this is not like the Corey Perry disappearance. Tough call in my opinion.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta

They have some very interesting decisions to make this offseason. There UFA list is full of key players with Lindholm, Zadorov, Myers, Joshua, Blueger, Lafferty, Cole and then Hronek/Silovs RFAs

Boeser a UFA the following season and the OEL buyout is pretty sizable the next two seasons.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Really, really hope Henrique is back for Dallas. Can't have McLeod and some others playing the minutes they got despite struggling so heavily.

Don't trust Skinner for a second but this was a calm, steady game.
Onward.

Reactions: McDoused

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Rewatching this morning and while I know that everyone is going to be screaming for McLeod's removal, the coaches watching the tape will see an otherwise fine game marred by two mistakes. Yes, that giveaway can't happen and the team needs confidence in their roster. But RM made several good plays and was a good force on the forecheck and an excellent PK guy. He played generally smart hockey and was an effective bottom six and PK forward.

The oilers won this game not because their offense was particularly dangerous but because they could roll four lines and their bottom 6 two checking lines gave Vancouver fits for the first two periods. Very tough call to scratch a good player who is playing an effective system on the basis of one mistake. Obviously his playoff boxcars need to improve but this is not like the Corey Perry disappearance. Tough call in my opinion.

Agreed. McLeod had a strong game with an egregious turn over. Lucky for him it ended up being inconsequential and we have a fresh series starting Thursday. The boys will pick him up and he will be more effective against Dallas. No way he comes out against a good skating D in Dallas.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013

Its all good. Let em have the hope.
Doesnt bother me anymore... we have moved on to bigger and better challenges..

I don't think McLeod played all that bad a game, he just made one awful error, but it wasn't even a bad read. Basically identical to Bouchard's misplay in game 5.

I hope Henrique is back too, but McLeod shouldn't be the one coming out of the lineup.
also took a double minor penalty and has 0 finish.
Brown did him a favor by missing out on the breakaway and taking a penalty of his own. McLeod is safe unless we bring in both Perry and Henrique for game 1.

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta

McLeod shouldn't be scratched. He will learn from that give away. Carry on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad