Post-Game Talk: Cli(e)nched

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
I'd also like to ride out in defense of McLeod.

He has been a great checker all playoffs and killing penalties.

Sure, there's wind blowing between his ears past the offensive blue line for long stretches, but if he were good there too he'd quadruple his salary and play top 6.

That mistake wasn't even a Foegele-esque turnover off a bad read, but more of a technical error by a fatigued player late in a game and series.

He'll bounce back, and if he can find some of that scoring touch he sometimes exhibits in the next round he'll be money.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

Last spotted here:

IMG_0532.jpeg

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
The being lucky frauds did them in.

When everyone isn't overachieving, they're just kinda there.

I also think the Nucks will trade Micheyev as soon as they can, Tochette seems to hate him.
They will have to pay for someone to take him.

Ilya Mikheyev signed a 4 year , $19,000,000 contract with the Vancouver Canucks, including $19,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $4,750,000. In 2024-25, Mikheyev will earn a base salary of $5,150,000, while carrying a cap hit of $4,750,000.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I was DEAD wrong about Holloway. Dead wrong. I didn't see much from him last year or this year when he was up.

Well, the crow tastes f***ing delicious. He's a stud. What a coming out party for the kid. What a series. He's a f***ing player and I absolutely love to see it.
I think that the injuries really, really, messed with his development. Good to see him get back on track, and look fast and aggressive out there. He doesn't have the same talent, of course, but he can learn a ton from watching McDavid play at high speed. Also a lot from watching how Hyman is effective with a gritty, physical game. I think Holloway is big and strong enough to do the same?

He needs to stay healthy.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
They will have to pay for someone to take him.

Ilya Mikheyev signed a 4 year , $19,000,000 contract with the Vancouver Canucks, including $19,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $4,750,000. In 2024-25, Mikheyev will earn a base salary of $5,150,000, while carrying a cap hit of $4,750,000.
Oh for sure, they over paid him, but it's just so strange how much Tochette just didn't want to use him when I thought he was decent consistently.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
That's a tough situation for all involved. It looks like an easy zone clear. You cant fault the goalie with a shooter in all by himself off a TO like that.

He was set, had a clean look at the shot but he was too deep in his crease and it went through his body. That should have been a save. Didn't matter in the end, but that doesn't inspire a ton of confidence.

MessierThanThou

Dec 10, 2010
Oil Country
So is throwing around Skinners save percentage in this game.

Except you don't know what worthless means because save percentage is literally the percent of saves the goalie made.
If you had said this before game 6 you’d have been proven to be wrong. Why you saying it now. If anything we want the Skinner that won us 16 straight and broke Fuhr’s record. The sharpest Skinne has ever looked. With confidence and mojo maybe we get that from him moving forward. 100% worth the try which is probably why Knob is trying.
I was saying this before Game 6. I was saying this ever since Pickard saved this series...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad