GDT: COL @ WPG: Checkmate (COL Leads 3-1): 9:30p ET

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
Credit to Georgiev for bouncing back.

Not sure I’ll ever be a true believer, but the amount of mental toughness it takes to rebound from where he was at is very impressive.

My faith has been restored in this team. The urgency on the forecheck and defensively is back. They have a top-end centre group and the best top-pair in the league. Bring on round 2.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
Bowness: “Their intensity and speed was way up from what we saw in the regular season.”

1714540202804.gif

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Here we go again with this straight BS. No, people don’t need to eat crow for criticizing a guy who allowed SEVEN mother-bleeping goals in a playoff game. Not happening.
To be fair, it would've only been like 5 goals if someone other than "Arvid Holm" (is he even a real person?) was the backup for that game.
Mikko and Mack in post game presser out there looking like this, again...View attachment 862925
What being stuck in Winnipeg does to a MFer

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
Still not confident in George but goalies are weird and he potentially saved his career as a starter the past few games. Wheels looked like they were coming off. That's a huge hill to climb. Overall the team had to gain a ton of confidence. Beating the Jets in 5 after they dominated us for so many games is a good sign.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I was not a fan of Georgiev in this game, reminds me a lot of the Seattle series where he's making the big saves because he had some amazing ones in this game, but allows the Pejorative Slured ones. Like, another auto one-timer goal from the point and that third goal is so bad to let in.

Lowry is a beast… MacK may get going, but Lowry’s play is the primary reason. When MacK faces weaker centers defensively, it’ll start back up.
To be honest, every team in the West besides the Oilers have somebody or a defensive core that can shutdown MacKinnon.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Also missing LOC who was having a great season
Good point, as I forgot about him. Which is a shame on me, considering how good he was. But the current bottom-6, is so damn good as well that you don't really notice him missing.

Reactions: the_fan

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
I was not a fan of Georgiev in this game, reminds me a lot of the Seattle series where he's making the big saves because he had some amazing ones in this game, but allows the Pejorative Slured ones. Like, another auto one-timer goal from the point and that third goal is so bad to let in.

To be honest, every team in the West besides the Oilers have somebody or a defensive core that can shutdown MacKinnon.

The PPG was definitely not his fault, off the post infront of a massive screen. Georgie didn't look entirely his best but he made some big saves in big moments.

Reactions: JudoKoala

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
I think a turning point at least for Rantanen specifically was when he missed that first golden chance. Obviously that pissed him the f*** off with the stick slam. "f*** this I'm getting 2 by the end of this"

Garry Galley on the CBC broadcast said that Mikko shouldn't have poked the bear aka Lowry. I feel it was the opposite, you don't piss off Mikko because then he wakes up and realizes he's one of the best players in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad