GDT: Colorado Avalanche Vs Columbus Blue Jackets Jan. 24/2013 7:00PM MST

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
It's good that the PK has been successful. We have had 10 PP opportunities with one goal to show for it and that was Jones somewhat random goal. Our opponents have had 19 PP opportunities against us.

In the long run PK can't save you if you take too many penalties.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Attendance today at 14325.

I was expecting a bit more since it's only the 2nd home game of the season.
(Though against the BJs, so that might explain some)

Rhaego

May 18, 2011
160003829_slide.jpg

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Just finished watching a crazy Oiler game and almost forgot about this game.

1. Varlamov. Varly. Steve. Unreal. Put on a clinic today. Was well positioned wasnt swimming and had that swagger you need to be a legit number 1. Jamie Mclennan owes him an apology. Incredible performance by Semyon tonight.

2. Matt Duchene with yet another great game. Looks like a completely different player and hes got his swag back. He is finally finally finally using that incredble speed of his and it showed with that amazing goal he scored.

4. Mitchell. Damn did not expect this from him. Making me forget about Winnik thats for sure although winnie is lighting it up in Anaheim. Hes got some pretty good hands for a big guy. Knowone deserved to score more tonight then him.

5. Stastny was more noticeable tonight but still not good enough not good enough for the highest paid player and 1B Centreman on this team. He needs to get his ass in gear.

6. Mcginn is having some terrible luck I count 3 posts for him now in this young season. I hope he pots one on Saturday against a red hot Shark team.

7. Kobasew had an underrated game imo. Looked fast played solid in his end killed penalties and almost scored a goal. He might make the Downie injury easier to cope with. Good first game for him

8. Didnt notice Hunwick once...and thats a great thing. Solid effort from him

9. Erik Johnson looked great tonight. Killin it in all three zones. Solid solid game from Johnson

10. We won a game we were supposed to thats great now lets see if we can win a game we arent supposed to on Saturday.

Rhaego

May 18, 2011
5. Stastny was more noticeable tonight but still not good enough not good enough for the highest paid player and 1B Centreman on this team. He needs to get his ass in gear.

6. Mcginn is having some terrible luck I count 3 posts for him now in this young season. I hope he pots one on Saturday against a red hot Shark team.

Stastny set up almost everyone of McGinn's chances. Could have easily had 3-4 assists.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Just finished watching a crazy Oiler game and almost forgot about this game.

1. Varlamov. Varly. Steve. Unreal. Put on a clinic today. Was well positioned wasnt swimming and had that swagger you need to be a legit number 1. Jamie Mclennan owes him an apology. Incredible performance by Semyon tonight.

What did that clown say about Varly?

Mr Serious

Jul 23, 2011
Varly was a beast again.

Duchene has regained his swag.

Got the win that we should have. Now for a 4 game road trip.

CoachBadkitten

Matt Hunwick
Jul 25, 2012
Colorado
Mitchell is the most pleasant surprise so far. I am a huge fan of his and the way he plays. He grinds and has great hands and a nice shot too. This could be overrating him a bit, but if we trade ROR I think Mitchell can be a mainstay at the 3rd line center position and excel at it.

Also, Varly was incredible tonight and Kobasew was a lot better than I expected him to be.

One disappointment thus far has been McGinn. He gets lots of chances with some great passes from Stastny but he just doesn't have that finishing touch that he had last season for us. We need him to step up and start scoring again.

Mouse21*

One disappointment thus far has been McGinn. He gets lots of chances with some great passes from Stastny but he just doesn't have that finishing touch that he had last season for us. We need him to step up and start scoring again.

dumb.

a fraction of an inch difference and he'd have 4 goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad