Player Discussion Darnell Nurse is a #1 dman

larek

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
For sure. He needs to stop thinking he has to play like a 9 million dollar player and just play like a regular guy. The contract is what it is, and he can never play to it, so just has to be himself. Had an excellent game last night.
He had an average game for an average Dman
If he doesn't like questions from media and fans maybe he should ask for a trade and hire Pinnochio Bieksa as his agent ! LoL

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
i also love that nurse took a huge run at the player in the neutral zone, he missed and they got a 2v1 but there was good back track pressure. 2 shifts later dadonov turned away from nurse and nurse just took the puck. if he starts going 80% trouba 2-3 times a game i am here for it. plus our pk can handle a 2min if we have to

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Just finished watching game 4. A much better game from Darnell. Not perfect by any means but I loved how he played physical and was a lot more engaged overall.

Reactions: TB12

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
i also love that nurse took a huge run at the player in the neutral zone, he missed and they got a 2v1 but there was good back track pressure. 2 shifts later dadonov turned away from nurse and nurse just took the puck. if he starts going 80% trouba 2-3 times a game i am here for it. plus our pk can handle a 2min if we have to
He also joined the rush in the first, going to the net and nearly scoring a goal (pass was in the air so he missed batting it), but then flew back to position on the defensive recovery.

That's the old Darnell and how we need him to play if we're to get the most out of him.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Just finished watching game 4. A much better game from Darnell. Not perfect by any means but I loved how he played physical and was a lot more engaged overall.

All he needs to realize is it's going to be next to impossible to play up to his contract so no point pretending to be something he's not [Makar, Coffey].

He just needs to be intelligently mean at this point. No idea why he dropped the physicality after the first couple of seasons. Hopefully he's had an epiphany after all the media flack

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Gregor sure loves to champion horrible players

Ceci
Skinner
Nurse

😂
I kind of like that he doesn't do the easy thing and just pile on those guys with the rest of them. There's a point where it's no longer "keeping a player accountable" and it bleeds into being a witch hunt. Nurse needed a kick in the arse, so I'm okay with the criticisms he faced, but unless he does it again, I agree that we can focus on some of the positives sometimes as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad