Player Discussion David Pastrnak

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Some very emotional takes in here this morning.

My suggestion to those who want to slag off Pasta, pin that our season is done on him, trade him away, compare him to Makar, etc, etc,???

Step away from the diving board. Take a deep breath. Sleep on it. Have a good meal. Get some exercise. Then rethink. Then….. and only then……. say hello to your senses, welcome them home, and have a good chuckle about the drama show you put on.
I’m not saying they should move him, but I’m not hanging up at the mention of his name

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Don't back track. You admit this team isn't good enough.

You must if you "call" it like you see it.

If you can't "see" it then what are you looking at 🤣
WTF are you talking about? I said I disagreed with your '23 take and pointed at Kucherov.

Festy1986

Apr 23, 2018
WTF are you talking about? I said I disagreed with your '23 take and pointed at Kucherov.

Yes. You disagree with my pasta went mia in the playoffs last year.

Because apparently 5 goals/ 0 assist and a -2 is fine as long as guys on other teams aren't scoring.

He's been mid. He's paid like a superstar.

Hold him accountable. You'll be ok.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Yes. You disagree with my pasta went mia in the playoffs last year.

Because apparently 5 goals/ 0 assist and a -2 is fine as long as guys on other teams aren't scoring.

He's been mid. He's paid like a superstar.

Hold him accountable. You'll be ok.
Anything you say

Festy1986

Apr 23, 2018
Got where? Realizing once a honk, always a honk regarding your takes?

That's where we got...lol.

That you aren't adding anything if value to your back and forth with me other than you don't agree and want everyone to know it.

We got that 6 replies ago.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Some very emotional takes in here this morning.

My suggestion to those who want to slag off Pasta, pin that our season is done on him, trade him away, compare him to Makar, etc, etc,???

Step away from the diving board. Take a deep breath. Sleep on it. Have a good meal. Get some exercise. Then rethink. Then….. and only then……. say hello to your senses, welcome them home, and have a good chuckle about the drama show you put on.
All of this.

Bruins don’t even sniff the playoffs without Pasta.

People who expect him to also have a solid defensive game do not understand Pasta as a player or what his role on this team is. People are lashing out at Pasta because he’s an easy target especially for some posters who do it as a coping mechanism when their favorite player gets called out.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
All of this.

People who expect him to also have a solid defensive game do not understand Pasta as a player or what his role on this team is. People are lashing out at Pasta because he’s an easy target especially for some posters who do it as a coping mechanism when their favorite player gets called out.
His defensive game is waaaaa aaaa aaay underrated.

Reactions: Ladyfan and zaYG

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022
All of this.

while i agree ... if he could clean up all the carelessness with the puck, especially in the playoffs, the public would moan and groan a lot less (imo)

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Yea he must have a lot more left in the tank.

Not surprising with a lot of the floating he was doing
Again old and crotchety but I hate when players rush over there after they get eliminated to play in these things lol.

He had some glorious chances in this series Bruins really needed him to bury more than 1 of them,that being said I wouldn’t trade him ,well unless the return was better ,anyone is obviously trade able.
He's golden, I love him. He can basically do no wrong in my eyes, and they are not a play-off team more than likely without him. My favorite Bruin since Neely..

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
Yea he must have a lot more left in the tank.

Not surprising with a lot of the floating he was doing
He was floating a lot but still got loads of ice time. For all we know the coaching staff just told him to only play offense - what other offensive weapons did we have?

Frustrated with his performance as a whole but teams really did just focus on shutting him down because there weren’t any other threats. Pasta is far from my biggest worry with this team.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I’m sure this thread is at the top of the board because everyone is praising 88. 😂🤪

He was so much better than I expected this season, proving so many people that called him one dimensional wrong. Then still managed to be involved in the playoffs despite being the only threat other teams had to worry about, and keying on him, mugging and beating him down at every step, and still managed to get 8 points, a series winner, and a bunch of chances.

But, I’m sure like Mac everyone wants to trade him. It’s why we struggle to have nice things.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
He was floating a lot but still got loads of ice time. For all we know the coaching staff just told him to only play offense - what other offensive weapons did we have?

Frustrated with his performance as a whole but teams really did just focus on shutting him down because there weren’t any other threats. Pasta is far from my biggest worry with this team.

Panthers didn’t play him as tight as Toronto did. He had his chances and flubbed a lot of them.

He has too much talent to not tuck the chances he had. Not to mention a lot of the carelessness with the puck, the passes off the mark, etc.

Maybe Monty did tell him to coast a bit on D, but that’s not much different than what he does during the regular season or any other postseason.

I wouldn’t be actively trading him, but I’m not hanging up on GMs if they call and ask about him

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad