Oilers: Bouchard
Stars: Heiskanen
Rangers: Trocheck
Panthers: Barkov

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Money puck has Shestyorkin saving 3.6 more goals above expected in 3 less games.
otter has a chance to shut down the reigning cup champs and the two (maybe three) best players in the NHL. Sheisty had an aging Washington team. It also helps that he’s been incredible in the two series clinching wins.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
otter has a chance to shut down the reigning cup champs and the two (maybe three) best players in the NHL. Sheisty had an aging Washington team. It also helps that he’s been incredible in the two series clinching wins.
People act like Vegas is so great. Didn’t they barely squeak into the playoffs? Even Nashville (one of my best arguments for not expanding the playoffs) was in before them.

I’d consider Vegas and Washington to be pretty similar in caliber. Vegas was not good this year. They weren’t this big scary team that won the Cup last year. Different year. Different team.

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Barkov shesterkin wyatt johnston/heiskanen and Draisaitl anything else is narrative based

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Makar won with 29 points. Bouchard is on pace to becoming the all time scoring defenseman ever in a playoffs.

Pretty sure that puts him as a frontrunner

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Makar won with 29 points. Bouchard is on pace to becoming the all time scoring defenseman ever in a playoffs.

Makar was clearly the best player on that team. Nobody watching these games thinks Bouchard's been the Oilers best player.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014

Why don't you bet your money then? Serious question.

You made a good point that Bouchard is on a better pace, but have failed to realize two things.

1. Mcdavid and Drai are out pacing Mack and Rantanen
2. Bouchard had an excellent series where everything went right offensively. He will probably not keep that pace up

Bouchard has clearly been the best player for the Oilers. The only Oiler close to Bouchard these playoffs is Leon Draisaitl.
No he hasn't

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
People act like Vegas is so great. Didn’t they barely squeak into the playoffs? Even Nashville (one of my best arguments for not expanding the playoffs) was in before them.

I’d consider Vegas and Washington to be pretty similar in caliber. Vegas was not good this year. They weren’t this big scary team that won the Cup last year. Different year. Different team.
Vegas is a MUCH better team than Washington. They gave Dallas a way tougher time than Colorado did.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Vegas is a MUCH better team than Washington. They gave Dallas a way tougher time than Colorado did.
Color me skeptical Vegas is any good.

Seems like we've gotten the two best in the East and two best in the West into the final 4 this year. I think the regular season has pretty close to mimicked the playoffs so far this year. Ergo, Vegas of the regular season was pretty much the Vegas of the playoffs.

thegazelle

Nov 11, 2019
Bouchard seems to be clutch these playoffs. A defenseman with 20 points in 12 games, with a number of key goals - he has definitely been noteworthy and a very significant contributor

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Color me skeptical Vegas is any good.

Seems like we've gotten the two best in the East and two best in the West into the final 4 this year. I think the regular season has pretty close to mimicked the playoffs so far this year. Ergo, Vegas of the regular season was pretty much the Vegas of the playoffs.
Vegas in the regular season never fielded a full roster.

dalewood12

Oct 9, 2017
I have the Stars winning the Cup, which could make the Conn Smythe race hard to pick, sort of reminiscent of the 2023 Bolts, 2021 Lightning or 2016 Pens where half the team could win.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
because they couldn't...a full roster is 10 million over the cap. And they won't be able to next season either has they have to let someone go to keep Hertl.
That's my point. Basing who they were in the playoffs on who they were in the regular season is a waste of time.

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
JT Miller should win it, he completely turned the Canucks around with his spectacular play and basically played with an ECHL team due to injuries and other players disappearing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad