Series Talk: ECFs Discussion - Panthers vs Rangers - (4-2 Florida)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stanley Cup Boundd

Sep 17, 2018
Thus thread is not about anyone's disdain for NYers, every fanbase has trolls, this is just part of finally being relevant. The best medicine is having the boys beat them where it counts, on the scoreboard.

There are assholes everywhere, close to home and even abroad, lol.

Lets remember to keep it non personal in here guys.

Attachments

• IMG_0942.gif
    IMG_0942.gif
    478.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Haha
Reactions: MaWa and Chaos2k7

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007

More Reddit drama (read the comments)

This is si hilarious, I vividly remember when the comments were the other way around. " " what a weak team" "a bunch of **ussies" "who wants to play in that team" "a retirement contract for NHLers"
Now, they hate us because we are not that anymore, so .." there is no making you happy"?

Last edited:

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002

😂😂

Of course many finns over here didnt get the Maurice humor

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Feel free to fact check me if I got any of this wrong. Tried to pull together some stats in case anyone finds this useful or interesting.

Panthers:
2 PP + 1 SH
Lightning:
4 PP + 1 SH

Had one stinker where we gave up 6 goals. Otherwise, the other four games we gave up 1 or 2 in three of them, and 3 in the other one. Most goals we scored in a game was 6 (and scored 5 in another but the last was an EN).

Panthers:
6 PP + 1 SH
Bruins:
1 PP + 0 SH

had one stinker in the opening game where we gave up 5 goals. Otherwise, gave up either 1 or 2 in all other five games. Most goals we scored in a game was 6 (twice).

———————

Rangers:
6 PP + 2 SH (one of those PP goals was on an EN)
Capitals:
2 PP + 0 SH

Rangers gave up only 1 or 2 goals in three games and 3 goals against in the one other. They scored 7 non-special teams goals in that 4 games series. Most goals they scored in a game was 4.

Rangers:
5 PP + 2 SH
Hurricanes:
2 PP + 0 SH

Rangers gave up 3 or 4 goals in five of the games and 2 goals in the one other. Giving up 3 or more goals in five of 6 games even though the canes only had 2 PP goals and 0 shorties may be the most telling thing from this series. Most goals they scored in a single game was 5 but the last one was an EN.

Reactions: KW

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
I don’t know what y’all think about beating the Rangers will essentially be beating their PP. One way to deal with that is to stay away from stupid penalties and it seemed we did that against Boston.

Last edited:
Reactions: PSLguy

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
I feel like I need to see the intensity and play. It's easy to say dont take penalties. How will they handle our forecheck? How will we handle the NZ? Whos gonna make the mistakes?

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
inb4

Game 1 we look sleepy as hell and get down, just fall short of a comeback.
Game 2 we win 3-2 OT
Games 3-4: lose both at home
Game 5: 4-2 win
Game 6: 2-1 loss

PP goes for 1/14
PK goes for 16/20

Chucky aint up to his last season self (still good but just not 100%), Barkov finally turning into Beastkov but he cant do it alone. Swaggy/Reino were quiet and hopefully breakout this series for us to win. Reinos shooting % went from 25% in reg season to 10% these playoffs, his reg season % was unsustainable but still, big drop.

If the 2nd line can get goin with lundy thatll solve a lot.

Tank is an x-factor, been not bad but quiet

Our defensive scoring is a lot better than the rangers, may make up for our defense getting burned 24/7 cause were gonna see a lot of ranger breakaways.

Bob, gonna need last years ECF Bob, but the way hes playing rn should be enough to win if the rest of the team shows up.

Not even gonna bother on the PP, theres been no adjustment all year and its basically up to the players. As soon as the bumper play got sniffed out its been horrendous outside of game 3 since like march. Maybe swap montour out with someone else, id say forsling but not sure i wanna raise his TOI more with the minutes he already plays. Our main goals came from in front of the net which we seem hesistant to do a lot.

PK has been good, but vs tampa basically just had stamkos and he still killed us, rangers have a lot more firepower spread around there and massacred the canes PK which was better than ours. Boston is pretty much a shell of itself offensively so it makes sense we went 15/16

Also id like to throw lorentz back on the 4th in place of either lomberg or cousins. Okposo i dont think will keep up with the rangers speed. Having lombo/cousins is a nice energy boost but both is just a waste tbh, and we dont need to give the rags anymore powerplays.

Ekblad was decent vs tampa and god awful against boston every game. Need to drop him to a lower pairing or something, prob still injured from the regular season. Hopefully the rest helps him out

One thing thats interesting is the rangers give up tons of shots, avg like 30+, hopefully means less stifiling defense than boston

IdleTraveller

Mar 30, 2024
Another article from The Athletic on the match:

I had to laugh when Michael Russo pretty much said nada to any weaknesses in our team. I mean, come on - hadn't he watched the last couple of games?! I like his rosy spectacles although it does make me nervous... I appreciate finally having a beat writer for the Panthers at the Athletic (albeit one borrowed from the Wild) but I heard in a podcast that Russo used to be the beat writer for us years ago. Was he any good? Do we have any other beat writers on other platforms?

Reactions: Justlou4545
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad