Pre-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 6 5/2 8:14 PM - Jack Edwards' final game MUST be a B's win - NESN, TBS, MAX, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM - B's lead series 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Very unprofessional from a play by play guy to call someone a coward for millions of people he hear. Especially when Jack wouldn’t ever say it to that guys face.

Every year it’s something with Jack.
Try listening to Simpson on CBC in Ontario drone on and on about the Leafs . Everytime a Bruin moves he calls for a penalty. His hate for Marchy is legend. I have to mute the sound the whole game.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
We lost because we scored only one goal, and with a semi lucky bounce of the puck out of the corner right onto the stick.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
The Bruins' history against the Leafs, and from the Panthers series last year, both heavily suggest that they'll lose this G6 too. In these situations, it's what they do. Of course history is purely the past and need not dictate the future, but the mental challenges this team faces extending from those past losses, and especially from last year, are very real and present.

How do they get over them? How do they flip the script and this time come away with a win? In the short term, it may not really matter much whether they can beat the Leafs or not, given that their chances of going all the way are vanishingly slim. But this team will surely be a lot better off next year and beyond if they can put an opponent away and prove to themselves that they can actually do it and it's not that impossibly hard or scary. Really hoping they can sort things out and finally throw that monkey off here.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Weird hill to die on

I dont think so. I don’t like the unprofessionalism and lack of class which he constantly exudes.

I also don’t think it’s ideal when he’s calling out refs and then refs are calling out his unprofessionalism. I’d rather not refs think negatively about the team due to Jack edwards comments.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
It’s like the organization asks guys in interviews if they show up for big games and specifically only drafts or trade for players that answer with “i piss myself and forget how to play hockey.”
I greet the students at the main entrance each morning at school.

One asked me this morning "What happened with the Bruins?"

"The same thing that's been happening pretty much the past 30 years I've been watching."

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Guys it's our 100th season. We gotta be true to our past identity. Game 5 loss was such a lock I was over it before the game began.

Usually we lose game 6, hate to break it to about 30% of you.

Game 7 can really go either way. There's our curse, but there's also their curse. If Peeker steps back into game 7 and Sway is insane, could go either way.

There's also a very fun Monty curse scenario: Sway lets in 5 goals in game 6, and he rotates Linus in for game 7. I think we all know in our 100th, that's probably the thing that's coming :laugh:

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Pasta marchy Mcavoy Zacha Debrusk all no shows. They where absolutely trash and we lost in OT. Just have these guys play better we win Thursday
Marchy is the reason we are up 3-2, WTF has our 11.5m bun guy done? We want to rip the Leafs soft stars lol

McAvoy appears to be another player that wilts in big games, as I said last night there is evidence starting to build now with him.

I will also add Coyle but give him a pass he's a third line quality player asked to play way over his ability and its showing over and over again.

Zacha is Zacha why do we think we got him so cheap? Jake has been more good than bad.

We will need our goaltending to steel one of the last two or we are cooked

Reactions: lopey

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Marchy is the reason we are up 3-2, WTF has our 11.5m bun guy done? We want to rip the Leafs soft stars lol

McAvoy appears to be another player that wilts in big games, as I said last night there is evidence starting to build now with him.

I will also add Coyle but give him a pass he's a third line quality player asked to play way over his ability and its showing over and over again.

Zacha is Zacha why do we think we got him so cheap? Jake has been more good than bad.

We will need our goaltending to steel one of the last two or we are cooked
Yep, the depth guys are treading water, so I'll give them a pass. More often than not they are a net neutral. At a certain point the top guys have to be the top guys.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
I dont think so. I don’t like the unprofessionalism and lack of class which he constantly exudes.

I also don’t think it’s ideal when he’s calling out refs and then refs are calling out his unprofessionalism. I’d rather not refs think negatively about the team due to Jack edwards comments.
Jack and Brick are both embarrassing and cringe worthy to listen to, Can't wait to see these two clowns go away

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Is peeke ready to come back. Sit grizz and Maroon and if Peeked ready put him in along with Beech. If Peeke not ready put in Shatty.

Shatty has sucked. Gryz got out muscled but is still even in the series. Shattenkirk -3 while being sheltered. Bruins short a D and a difference making forward. Same now as it has been all season.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Matthews and Nylander have both missed time, how is this series even going six?
Because while those two guys have missed games, they at least had a warm body in the lineup to replace them. When Coyle, Zacha, Pastrnak, etc etc "miss" a game, they are there...but are they REALLY there?

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Yep, the depth guys are treading water, so I'll give them a pass. More often than not they are a net neutral. At a certain point the top guys have to be the top guys.
Depth guys have been good zero problem with any of them, Top two paid players have been garbage all series

Pasta floating around care free like its the regular season is gross and needs to be called out

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Well in my opinion the Bruins are toast. They have no players willing to give it their all and get the series over with. The so called stars were non existent and seem like they do not give a f***. You need to do a hell of a lot more and stop fumbling the puck in front of Woll. They had a few in close chances but did not make it even difficult for Woll.

Get somebody in front of the goalie just like the leafs were doing to Swayman. Why bring in a big body like Maroon and not use him to cause havoc.

To me Beecher and Shattenkirk have to draw back in and replace Gryz and Maroon. Hopefully Monty has got enough smarts to leave Swayman in goal.

Very uneasy feeling as to what the outcome will be.

Even if we manage to win next round will be the end of the season.

ProdigalFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 2, 2011
Mansfield, MA
Curses or no curses, I wouldn't be as upset if they had just played hard and lost to a team facing elimination. But they looked like they were playing a no stakes regular season game for the vast majority of their time out there. It was obvious from the first few minutes. Few shots on the new goalie, no net front support, missed passes galore, guys trying to skate through defenders on their own, I kept thinking, it's the playoffs, they'll get their act together, but they really never did other than a few dangerous looking shifts. They used to be able to elevate their game and tilt the ice back, but they struggle to do that now.

Frankly, it was embarrassing as a Bruins fan. It looked like they didn't want to be a playoff contender anymore once Tampa was knocked out because winning means facing Florida again and this team looked scared out there. In the post game interviews, Swayman was the only one quickly putting this game behind him and refusing to dwell on it as the media wanted him to (based on their pathetic line of questioning). But Marchy looked defeated and Monty looked stumped and had little to say to Brick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad