GDT: ECQF GAME 7 - 8:14 PM - Toronto Maple Leafs (3) @ BOSTON BRUINS (3) - I assure you Woll is injured

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Meaning they're stuck with an aging Tavares for one more year, and then actually have to replace him after that. All while seriously needing to replacing an aging and not that good defense that demands an aging and not really a true number 1 Morgan Rielly play the part of one to try and prop the rest of the weaker group up

Yeah, next year is a transition year probably.

Well, nearly all the Leafs D expires next year. So they could try to change up the D.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
The point is that Woll was much better in his 2 games. Sam didn’t even know he was in net until lunch today. No idea what his mental state was since Leafs preferred Woll and he delivered in back to back elimination goals.
I definitely agree. Samsonov just has too many airhead moments whenever I've watched him.
People falling all over themselves to say the OT goal wasn't his fault. Hmm.
Is it really hands-down true that there was no way he could have challenged that, most obviously with his stick?

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Not even close bro. Count the rings. Count the series wins.
While this is absolutely true, what I'm talking about is if Mc D had been drafted by the Leafs, so from the time he was drafted until now, which is how I read the OP. Historically, you're right, the difference is apples and bowling balls and still no Cups from both teams in that timeframe.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
This HAS to be the off season that the Leaf’s make an actual meaningful change, no?
How do you come back with the “core 4” again after this?
How? Because no one in their right mind would want Tavares and the other 3 won’t waive their NMCs

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
He really pulled the bruins through that epic choke last year, and he’s doing nothing to help them avoid mid-choke now

He’s a passenger

Decent regular season goal scorer, doesn’t have what it takes to take the bruins over the hump. They need better stars in boston
LMAO !!!! how' that crow taste?

BTW
Pasta
Play off games .......84
Play off pts .............84
Gane winners ..........6

That would get him a statue in Toronto.

Last edited:

StrawHatEklund

Apr 16, 2024
San Jose
I definitely agree. Samsonov just has too many airhead moments whenever I've watched him.
People falling all over themselves to say the OT goal wasn't his fault. Hmm.
Is it really hands-down true that there was no way he could have challenged that, most obviously with his stick?
He definitely could have challenged if he was aggressive but I don’t blame him entirely for that since Pasta was allowed into dangerous space and got the perfect bounce. Now letting in another short side goal over his shoulder like Game 3 is just disappointing even with his teammate screening him. He should have been hugging the post. There shouldn’t have been OT.

Last edited:

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Nylander seemed to think it was a set play in his interview post game, seemed that way to me. These teams know where the odd bounces happen off the boards in their arenas

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
While this is absolutely true, what I'm talking about is if Mc D had been drafted by the Leafs, so from the time he was drafted until now, which is how I read the OP. Historically, you're right, the difference is apples and bowling balls and still no Cups from both teams in that timeframe.
McDavids time in Edmontin has made him the richest player in hockey, most successful individual success in hockey, most hardware in hockey, and a legit chance to compete every year next to the best wingman any team could have provided him. He’s a lock for the hall of fame and his career isn’t even half done. I think things are going fine for him in Edmonton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad