Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 5 - YOU BET WE'RE ALIVE!!!!!! Game 6 FRIDAY 7 PM at TD Garden

Status
Not open for further replies.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Screenshot_20240515-130059-988.png

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
In the old days, both of these goals would have both counted, unquestionably. This would be true even if they had video review back then, which they didn't. So, both were called good goals on the ice.

Old time rules, on Bennet's goal, he was never in the crease, and he was never in contact with Sway. Old time rules, both of these would have had to happen. Whatever Coyle was doing stumbling over his own goalie was his own problem.

Old time rules, on McAvoy goal, Heinen was not in the crease when the puck entered the crease, and he was not in contact with Bob when the puck entered the crease. Whatever contact happened prior to these two things would not matter. Old time rules, both of these would have had to happen for no goal. It is important to note also that refs would blow the whistle and stop play, even without a goal, is a guy parked in the crease. Faceoff out in the neutral zone. These whistles didn't happen that often. But conceivably, in the old days, the ref could have killed the play even before McAvoy shot the puck.

Dreghorn2

He's a Good Boy!
Feb 8, 2005
the on TV ref confirmed back to the war room in Toronto that this was the reason. He was reset from anything Heinen had done. And then of course as you mention OEL knocked his stick out, which didn't matter by that point.

Well after that ridiculous Dave Jackson explanation of the Bennett play where he basically said that they can't overrule the the wrong call on the ice because .. reasons (nice of the league to throw their two refs under the bus, btw) why would any team ever request a video review?

According to this logic the Heinen play couldn't be overturned anyway because the on ice call was good goal.

Then the league shill comes back with the 'he could re-establish' line. All the while forgetting that it pretty much didn't matter because as mentioned earlier they can't overturn the on ice call anyway cause .. reasons.

This league is wild.

Lol, that's what pretty much happened!

Oh yeah, that Bobrovsky whistle was mind-boggling

Bmf316nhl

But there's no dog
Jul 8, 2007
3 miles south of MA.
I read a post on Facebook that Fridays game was at 12:00 is someone just pulling my leg?
Someone is pulling your leg

My guess is if Colorado wins tonight, Bruins game will be either a 7:00 or 7:30 start as we're looking at a doubleheader...

If Dallas wins tonght... Bruins/FLA is the only show in town and will probably be an 8:00 start

Just my guess

Golden Black mentioned potential Game 7... similar scenario...

If COL/DAL also goes 7... My guess would be 6:00 Bruins/FLA , 9:00 DAL/COL
IF NO COL/DAL game 7... BRUINS FLA would be a more traditional 7:00 or 7:30

If COL/DAL goes 7, and BOS/FLA does not.... COL/DAL would likely by at 8:00

YES.... I'm a bit of nerd for sports on TV type of stuff.

Last edited:

KWbruin

May 29, 2019
Kitchener, ON
I agree with the line juggling theory, but not this time both d-man were still in their zone, Lindholm jumped onto the ice, did he do it on his own or was he told to get out there, that was at terrible penalty to take.
It's on Peeke but I blame Frederick a bit too. Puck moved to offensive blueline and Peeke turned to bench and signalled that he was coming off (pic2). Just as he got close enough for Lindholm to jump on, Freddie turned the puck over. Peeke realizes and turns back to the play (pic1). Once he signals - he has to come off. But it was a bad play by TF.

Attachments

• 20240515_162545.jpg
    20240515_162545.jpg
    536.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240515_162354.jpg
    20240515_162354.jpg
    573.2 KB · Views: 2

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
It’s a dumb rule teams only get one so they should be allowed to use it whenever they want.
I’m in full agreement that NHL has some dumb rules. However I do think this is good one. If a team has the opponent penned in the D zone for a long time it often ends up in a PP, a goal, or at least a good chance. I think that work should be rewarded and not just erased by a defender desperately firing puck down ice for relief.

It was such a stupid rule.
On that rule we agree 100%!!!

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
It's on Peeke but I blame Frederick a bit too. Puck moved to offensive blueline and Peeke turned to bench and signalled that he was coming off (pic2). Just as he got close enough for Lindholm to jump on, Freddie turned the puck over. Peeke realizes and turns back to the play (pic1). Once he signals - he has to come off. But it was a bad play by TF.
It started with Coyle not getting it in deep and sending it across the blue line, Its on him for being dumb as a rock

Reactions: Gordoff

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Nice. He’s incredible, and you got to see him when he was (really) alive. 😉

Not that this is the music thread but headed to Philly tomorrow to see City and Colour, folkie/indie kind of act fronted by the lead from the hard core band Alexis on Fire. Incredible musician. Opening for the Avett Brothers, but City is the draw.

Hoping for a G7 to watch as Jimmy said “when the musics over.”

Love Dallas Green. Very talented, amazing voice. I've seen Alexisonfire twice, but never Dally on his own. Enjoy!!

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
I still liked it more when a goal was a goal without all this video review. Now a player has to constantly worry about touching the goalie and the problem is the league still does not follow the rules. It is the same with penalties, please try to follow some guidelines and be more consistent.

As soon as your team gets a goal you still have to know that their is a good chance it will be challenged and disallowed. Kills the flow of the game.

The problem is the review comes down to human interpretation and we all know how well that works.
The league is turning the game into a quagmire of rules and reviews. In junior they instigated "fast face-offs" because players were jockeying around to much for position. Now after they get set they proceed to kick players off the dot every face-off defeated the purpose. The essence of the game is being taken away by coaches calling for reviews of goals and inconsistent reffing that is influenced by the same coaches. In a few years their will be congessional inquest about controversial goals. Embellishment has risen to the point of ridiculousness also.
Games can be total clown shows sometimes.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Didn't the Bruins outscore the Panthers in last years playoffs even though they lost? Maybe this year the Panthers outscore the Bruins overall yet then Bruins are the ones to come back and take the series, while scoring less goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad