Post-Series Talk: Edmonton Oilers Defeat the Vancouver Canucks, 4-3, advance to WCF

FastEddie

Feb 22, 2019
The actual Nucks did show up. This is who Hughes and Pettersson actually are.

Every year in the playoffs the Leafs find out too what their stars really are.

Yeh ultimately it was the Oilers superior depth that won this series. This series was not a McDavid storyline.
As always in the playoffs the stars draw the top defensive coverage which creates room for depth scoring. This is not complicated. You cannot say McDavid played no role when the defense was centered around him.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
How did Vancouver make it that far? They were awful those last two games I saw. Didn’t watch them until then.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
As always in the playoffs the stars draw the top defensive coverage which creates room for depth scoring. This is not complicated. You cannot say McDavid played no role when the defense was centered around him.
I didn’t say he played no role. Just that this series isn’t his exclusive storyline. I would say in the BoA series that was his series. He played a part in this one of course. But it was contributions from Bouchard, Nuge, Holloway, Kane, and even Ceci plus full usage of tandem goaltending that really made the difference.

Any update on the Vancouver fans ? Have they torn any of the city apart ?
I fear for storefronts in the entire Greater Vancouver Area right now. Praying the glass panes survive. Poor business owners.

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
Oilers were always Canada’s team but now it’s official. Time for Canada to get behind the Oilers and cheer for them to bring the Cup back home.
Sounds like you’ve been watching too many Boston Pizza ads

FastEddie

Feb 22, 2019
I didn’t say he played no role. Just that this series isn’t his exclusive storyline. I would say in the BoA series that was his series. He played a part in this one of course. But it was contributions from Bouchard, Nuge, Holloway, Kane, and even Ceci plus full usage of tandem goaltending that really made the difference.

I fear for storefronts in the entire Greater Vancouver Area right now. Praying the glass panes survive. Poor business owners.
It's a fair point. I just bristle at the idea that top liners play no role when the other team is gaming to shut them down. The space created for secondary scoring tends to be the story. But someone has to do the secondary scoring. Bouchard is one of those people for Edmonton.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Who throws trash on the ice in celebration of possible CTE issues from EP’s vicious charge.

Damn, I just ninja-edited that, didn't realize I was responding to obvious bait, looking at that poster's history.

But if that poster was serious, hilarious.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
It's a fair point. I just bristle at the idea that top liners play no role when the other team is gaming to shut them down. The space created for secondary scoring tends to be the story. But someone has to do the secondary scoring. Bouchard is one of those people for Edmonton.
It’s true. Been seeing it for awhile actually with McD. He can be targeted to be shut down in the playoffs. And that should open space for secondary scoring.

Honestly watching this series I didn’t even realize he was pointless. I felt the scoring was going to come from somewhere eventually.

Macheteops

Apr 13, 2005
Let's be real, would EDM trade Skinner straight up for Silovs?

Or is the real question if a bears s***s in the woods?

Proud of Arty stepping in the way he did, with next to no NHL experience, great story in these playoffs.

Yep - small sample size but I'd take the risk. We know what we have in Skinner. A fairly mediocre goalie who struggles getting across the net

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Yep - small sample size but I'd take the risk. We know what we have in Skinner. A fairly mediocre goalie who struggles getting across the net

He had his moments in game 6/7. 6 especially. Thought it was the right move for EDM going back too him.

Was kinda being a dick with that post but more-so just proud of Silovs. He wasnt Demko but with little experience but did great.

Macheteops

Apr 13, 2005
He had his moments in game 6/7. 6 especially. Thought it was the right move for EDM going back too him.

Was kinda being a dick with that post but more-so just proud of Silovs. He wasnt Demko but with little experience but did great.

Silovs was great. He might want back couple goals over the series but he made a lot of big saves that Skinner likely doesn't make

I wasn't a fan of going back with Skinner along with 90% of the fanbase. I could understand if your number 1 was Shesty, Hellebuyck, Demko level it's a no-brainer but Skinner isn't a number 1 on a lot of teams but it did turn out to be the right choice

I have a soft spot for Silovs he won me two of my fantasy leagues when I picked him up that game Vs Anaheim

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad