Attachments

• 1716268143078.png
    1716268143078.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
Reactions: Oilhawks

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
So let me get this right?

He had a giveaway in the LA series for a goal against(although anyone with a brain can see that was on Foegle)

He had a terrible night against Van in game 5 that he totally was at fault for a GA. A bunch of other bad plays too but the entire team played like poo and the giveaway was only a tying goal.

The rest of the playoffs he is decimating in production stats, setting records, and his defensive stats are elite too

Yet you have 3 posters who are determined to isolate about 7-8ish plays in an entire 2 series filled with dozens upon dozens of good to elite level plays to say he is a detriment to this team. Or he is mediocre. Or he is overrated.

Do I have that correct?

Some ppl really shouldn't be allowed to post as, to quote them specifically" they have low hockey IQ" when it comes to this stuff

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
At some point this isn't a hockey discussion it's 100% trolling.

In 12 playoff games he has one "off" game and the rest he is either good, great, or amazing leading the league for defensman on top of being incredibly clutch with GWGs...

Everyone has a bad take every now and then but this is... I don't even know what this is.

The lack of hockey knowledge is staggering. The over the top attack on a player for one sub par game... Gross weird bias.

I just can't wrap my head around it.

I hope he can continue to keep it up but in a bubble of these last 2 rounds he has been nothing short of amazing and deserving of high praise.
I thought he was terrific. He'll get more scrutiny against Dallas - we'll see how it plays out.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

In 12 playoff games he has one "off" game and the rest he is either good, great, or amazing leading the league for defensman on top of being incredibly clutch with GWGs...

Everyone has a bad take every now and then but this is... I don't even know what this is.

The lack of hockey knowledge is staggering. The over the top attack on a player for one sub par game... Gross weird bias.

I hope he can continue to keep it up but in a bubble of these last 2 rounds he has been nothing short of amazing and deserving of high praise.
Well...your posts on the matter are pretty emotionally charged so the wording you used in this post doesnt come as a suprice at all.
Gross...weird...lol

Bouchard was garbage in game 5.
He bounced back beautifully.
To be honest if the level of my fandom for Bouchard doesnt meet your standard then too bad...I dont really give a rip.
Im busy celebrating a win in game 7. :D :nod:.

Last edited:

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Bouchard needs to keep it up.

If he backslides he'll deserve criticism and thankfully there are posters that are willing and able to provide that.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I'll say it now. At this point in time, he has to be considered as one of the favourites for the Smythe. Had a rough bump in game 5 and I was a bit skeptical, but came back strong again the last 2 games and he's back in the saddle.

Absolutely.

There are some posters in this thread that basically need to take their takes and retire.

First D-man ever to get 20 points or more through two rounds. Insanity.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Bouchard needs to keep it up.

If he backslides he'll deserve criticism and thankfully there are posters that are willing and able to provide that.
skol-vikings.gif

The power of THREE lololol. Thankfully this thread is filled with more than 3 posters with a brain

Last edited:

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
The fact that he’s trash talking and pounding on forwards defensively should tell you he’s hit another level in his development. This guy was getting tossed like a B in this years pre-season. Now he’s strong enough to bully guys if he needs to.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
So let me get this right?

He had a giveaway in the LA series for a goal against(although anyone with a brain can see that was on Foegle)

He had a terrible night against Van in game 5 that he totally was at fault for a GA. A bunch of other bad plays too but the entire team played like poo and the giveaway was only a tying goal.

The rest of the playoffs he is decimating in production stats, setting records, and his defensive stats are elite too

Yet you have 3 posters who are determined to isolate about 7-8ish plays in an entire 2 series filled with dozens upon dozens of good to elite level plays to say he is a detriment to this team. Or he is mediocre. Or he is overrated.

Do I have that correct?

Some ppl really shouldn't be allowed to post as, to quote them specifically" they have low hockey IQ" when it comes to this stuff
I would hate to see how things might have been had there been this site back in the 80's. Coffey would have been eviscerated. Young Messier would have been written off as lazy and low IQ. Kurri would have been nothing without Gretzky.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
I would hate to see how things might have been had there been this site back in the 80's. Coffey would have been eviscerated. Young Messier would have been written off as lazy and low IQ. Kurri would have been nothing without Gretzky.
Do you see the game resemblance to Al MacInnis yet ?

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Do you see the game resemblance to Al MacInnis yet ?
That's an easy comparison because of things like their shot, though at the time MacInnis was terrifying with that slapper which he unleashed sometimes indiscriminately. Remember, when MacInnis came into the league many players did not even wear helmets. Even for fans he was dangerous. There were no nets to protect you from a deflected bomb.

Bouchard is more surgical with his shot. Like most defenseman today the big bomb is not always the first choice. He is as likely to beat you with a wrister rather than the big bomb when the situation arises. Neither player is what I would call dynamic.

Reactions: timekeep

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
That's an easy comparison because of things like their shot, though at the time MacInnis was terrifying with that slapper which he unleashed sometimes indiscriminately. Bouchard is more surgical with his shot. Like most defenseman today the big bomb is not always the first choice. He is as likely to beat you with a wrister rather than the big bomb when the situation arises. Neither player is what I would call dynamic.
MacInnis is easily the best player in the Flames all-time franchise history for me. He was more than a heavy shot.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014

Actually it's the opposite. Trolling is Bobbythebrain posting stupid memes, pics, chirping instead of having an actual discussion and defending why Bouchard should define all odds and be in the Smythe convo.

We're defending the fact that Bouchard is not Elite, and that is a fair discussion point. Go watch a game live and follow his shifts away from the puck on his side of the red line. There is a lot left to be desired from an "elite defensemen"

Evan Bouchard has been fantastic for most of these playoffs. He's stepped up huge. He had an outstanding game 7, but he needs to keep this up. We need a bigger sample size from him. As Drai said "this next series is going to be a man's series" Let's see how Bouchard does.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad