GDT: FIN vs. SUI May 21, 2024

vlady

May 22, 2009
Bratislava
www.powerplay.studio
2nd place means Germany for Switzerland. The team that eliminated them in 2021 and 2023. I guess they would still prefer Germany over the US, so they will want to win.

Finland only plays for pride and to gain some momentum before the quarterfinal.

Goose The Cat

May 22, 2023
I hope they go for the win. There is plenty of unfinished business with our nighbours. It's about time to settle the score
I don't know if it's just me, but I feel like the games before the QF in 2022 and 2023 were a bit strange, like the Swiss didn't even try hard. Do you think it'll be the case today?

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
I don't know if it's just me, but I feel like the games before the QF in 2022 and 2023 were a bit strange, like the Swiss didn't even try hard. Do you think it'll be the case today?

Yep I agree and no, this year we had to battle way more and it's great.

Another satisfaction is that we are really solid 5-5, didn't gave Canada and Czechs any goal other
than PP.

Pk is pretty bad but powerplay works incredibly well, we need to stay out of the box.

swissdude

May 18, 2019
I agree that at least last year in the game vs latvia the lack of urgency was obvious. I didn't like it then and I wouldn't like it now. I think they will try harder this time to avoid a QF against US who I think are much stronger than Germany. I don't believe in such things like "Angstgegner" (except Sweden may be lol) as said it's time to settle the score with germany

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Switzerland witouth Siegenthaler today who got a few hard checks on sunday, so I guess that's the reason.

Raimo Sillanpää

Mar 11, 2003
Espoo, Finland
Something for both teams in it, Finland has been craptastic and needs a good game to have any hope of challenging Sweden. Switzerland want the QF vs Germany.

I fully expected this to be life or death for Finland and was preparing all forms of Fire Jalonen chants. This really feels like the tournament where he jumped the shark.

I predict a Swiss win and another dour outing for the Finns..

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
Maybe the Swiss will do the Czechs a favor by throwing the game because they don't want just another elimination against their bestia negra Germany 🤣

Poiquets

Oct 17, 2019
Switzerand Fischer giving Finland a chance in this game by letting Finland play Finland's game.... Should be more aggressive without the puck.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad