GDT: FIN vs. SUI May 21, 2024

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
Sorry Granlund but this wasn't necessary. The check of the Swiss player was fair and shoulder against shoulder.

Reactions: jj cale

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Correct call, but it rode up from Swiss players hands, clearly didn’t mean to crosscheck him high.

Reactions: Shocker

Raimo Sillanpää

Mar 11, 2003
Espoo, Finland
I’ve been trying to think what’s wrong with this team. One is it’s missing the Äijä who would set the physical example
But the second thought was just confirmed - Granlund is not captain material.

His poor leadership affects the on ice play and now it spilt over

Reactions: Loffer

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Sorry, but the Finns lose against Sweden with or without Granlund. It's a weak team and i don't know who should score against Sweden in this team.
I know that. I'm under no illusions on how shitty this team is.

It's still a completely idiotic and selfish thing to do.

Kuljeskelen

Jan 2, 2020
Finland
I know that. I'm under no illusions on how shitty this team is.

It's still a completely idiotic and selfish thing to do.
I've always liked Granlund. Not today. Getting upset over unlucky tackle angle and cross-checking to the face? That's something you'd expect from Russian or Canadian stars, with our blue-cross-tinted glasses, anyway.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I don't understand why Granlund did that in a meaningless game. We would've needed him against Sweden.
It's not certain he'll get suspended. Wasn't intentional and his stick rose from the Swiss player's stick to the face. Granlund's reaction told it. Still stupid to start throwing cross checks anyway. I mean Fiala didn't get suspended for the kneeing.

BullLund

Dec 28, 2017
I've always liked Granlund. Not today. Getting upset over unlucky tackle angle and cross-checking to the face? That's something you'd expect from Russian or Canadian stars, with our blue-cross-tinted glasses, anyway.

I imagine it gets pretty frustrating when you lose 60 hockey games in a season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad