GDT: GER vs. LAT May 15, 2024

WeAre

Sep 20, 2014
Wtf Latvia? Too many cheap beers yesterday or what explains this result?

HockeyinLV

May 11, 2024
Wtf Latvia? Too many cheap beers yesterday or what explains this result?
Missing alot of our best players and a stubborn coach that is either unwilling or unable to adapt on the fly. Thats the short version.

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
Missing alot of our best players and a stubborn coach that is either unwilling or unable to adapt on the fly. Thats the short version.
Missing best players was not an excuse for Germany. Wondering how the game would end with Drai, Stutzle and Seider vs Girgensons, Balcers and Blugers.

EHCler

May 9, 2003
Visit site
Important and convincing win for us. 2 wins out of the first 4 games, is more than I expected.
If we do not collapse and keep the offense running we should reach 1/4 final.

Reactions: Summer Rose

HockeyinLV

May 11, 2024
Missing best players was not an excuse for Germany. Wondering how the game would end with Drai, Stutzle and Seider vs Girgensons, Balcers and Blugers.
Germany clearly has better high end depth than we do, so losing our top players is much more painful for us. Also i would add Balinskis and Rubīns to the list( these two would improve our defense massively), Šilovs aswell.

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
Germany clearly has better high end depth than we do, so losing our top players is much more painful for us. Also i would add Balinskis and Rubīns to the list( these two would improve our defense massively), Šilovs aswell.
Yeah, that's what I mean.
Maybe Germany high end and depth vs Latvia's is not 8:1 ratio but after all... your best player is 29 year old 0.4 ppg NHLer and Germany is producing top talent like it's a sport. So no big surprise. It's not as if Latvia never got destroyed by a bigger nation and not like it will never happen again.

Last edited:

Zaar

Feb 5, 2017
Germany
Important and convincing win for us. 2 wins out of the first 4 games, is more than I expected.
If we do not collapse and keep the offense running we should reach 1/4 final.

From my pov this is not a given. Even though Latvia was mostly harmless today (this isn't meant as a mockery), we were several times capable of creating some veritable chaos in our defensive zone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad