Status
Not open for further replies.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Going till our 2nd round pick (#45).

This is a draft board for the Minnesota Wild. We, as a collective, are the GM and scouting department tasked with ranking the players for the upcoming draft.

Who is the #14 player on our draft board?

1. Malkin Celebrini (100%)
2. Ivan Demidov (83.3%)
3. Artyom Levshunov (81.8%)
4a. Zeev Buium (35.7%)
4b. Sam Dickinson (35.7%)
6. Berkly Catton (43.8%)
7. Anton Silayev (35.7%)
8. Cayden Lindstrom (52.9%)
9. Konsta Helenius (33.3%)
10. Tij Iginla (52.9%)
11. Carter Yakemchuk (46.2%)
12. Zayne Parekh (38.5%)
13. Cole Eiserman (38.9%)

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Sennecke. I’ll be honest, I only know what a few YouTube videos and scouting reports have told me, but the buzz about him moving into top half of the lottery has me intrigued. RHS too

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I like the idea that MBN is close to NHL ready. I’ve heard Sennecke is high skill and has really shown out during the playoffs. Those are my next two.

I’m with 57 from the last thread. Connelly is a do not draft for me.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I like the idea that MBN is close to NHL ready. I’ve heard Sennecke is high skill and has really shown out during the playoffs. Those are my next two.

I’m with 57 from the last thread. Connelly is a do not draft for me.
If we had a second 1st I'd consider Connelly, but since we don't I'm in agreement. Even then, I'm not sure.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It would be really tempting to draft Connelly if we were picking in the 20's, but we're not, so I'm not going to worry about it.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I wouldn't take him at all
I have him as, do not draft no matter the situation for us.
Since this draft will go into the 2nd round(which is a great idea, @Digitalbooya), my ethics will be put to the test on Connelly, even though it will be in a purely hypothetical sense. surely he won't last till our 2nd pick?

I do not believe that anyone is past redemption, especially for things done as a 13-17yo teenager, but any team who drafts must be aware that he will be a "project", and a bit of a PR nightmare. The team should have a plan on how to handle presenting him to the public. Also, while there are red, or at least orange flags concerning him, his missteps are nothing like those of the 2018 Team Canada players(gang rape), or the kid that ARI drafted, then dropped( disgusting bullying of a mentally impaired child over a period of years).

I am aware of a player that was drafted in the first round not too long ago who was a callous bully in school. Word never got out on him... you wonder how many others there are.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Leave it to the B's to draft that nazi asshole, I want Wild to draft Mr Nice McLovin'

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Since this draft will go into the 2nd round(which is a great idea, @Digitalbooya), my ethics will be put to the test on Connelly, even though it will be in a purely hypothetical sense. surely he won't last till our 2nd pick?

I do not believe that anyone is past redemption, especially for things done as a 13-17yo teenager, but any team who drafts must be aware that he will be a "project", and a bit of a PR nightmare. The team should have a plan on how to handle presenting him to the public. Also, while there are red, or at least orange flags concerning him, his missteps are nothing like those of the 2018 Team Canada players(gang rape), or the kid that ARI drafted, then dropped( disgusting bullying of a mentally impaired child over a period of years).

I am aware of a player that was drafted in the first round not too long ago who was a callous bully in school. Word never got out on him... you wonder how many others there are.
I think that’s one that you have to have a series of things be true.

1. The kid tells and shows you he’s changed for the better.
2. You have to go to one of your leaders that will be here awhile and ask them if they are willing to mentor him. Weirdly enough, I thought of Foligno as this leadership person. He strikes as a strong Dad type figure.
3. You have to be willing to take criticism on it if it blows up in your face. Possibly turning the fanbase and ownership against you.
4. It can’t be a 1st round pick.

Reactions: 57special

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I don't think this organization would allow this part to go through anyway.
Yeah; ownership is a bit sensitive and the 'bro' culture still prevalent in the locker room is a concern. 2nd round or lower? Sure. But 1st? Hell no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad