If Bergeron win the Spengler Cup is that a record?

Marc008

Sep 10, 2006
Ontario
bruinsfans.freeforums.org
Sorry if you guys had allready talked about this but I was talking about this at work today and I could not find any answers on google.

So I came back here for the first time in over 2 years since I knew you guys would help me get to the bottom of this.

So if Bergeron wins the Spengler Cup is that some sort of record he has won Olympic Gold, World jrs , World hockey championship and on top of that a Stanley Cup.

Either way that is a pretty impressive resume for a player is age.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Scott Niedermayer: Stanley Cup, Olympic Gold, World Junior Gold, World Championship Gold, World Cup Gold and Memorial Cup

Memorial Cup and World Cup Gold > Spengler Cup Gold
Although unfair to Bergeron because World Cup discontinued.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Bergeron picks up another assist. Him and Ryan Smyth have some nice chemistry.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Joe Thornton is acting like a female dog because he's losing

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Bergeron is a winner through and through.... as for Thornton...

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Seguin had a couple of shifts with Tavares and it was beautiful

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Not sure why there's an incessant need to validate Bergeron as an elite player by throwing out his resume. He is. That being said, being on various championship teams proves very little, IMO. Some of the greatest players in the history of this sport haven't won a Stanley Cup, Olympic medal, world cup, etc..., while some lesser players have.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Not sure why there's an incessant need to validate Bergeron as an elite player by throwing out his resume. He is. That being said, being on various championship teams proves very little, IMO. Some of the greatest players in the history of this sport haven't won a Stanley Cup, Olympic medal, world cup, etc..., while some lesser players have.

Very true but if I may add, those Championship teams of which Bergy has been a member of, other than the Olympics where he played a "role" but did so well as he usually does, he has been very much a big time contributor, there`s players out there with rings on their fingers that often leave me asking "they were on the team??"

But you are right, anyone who follows the game even a little knows that Bergy is elite at what he does, and that`s play 3 zone hockey, very few do it as well or better as consistently as he does, a shame it took many too long to recognize it but...

Number8

Oct 31, 2007

I agree. Anyone who watches hockey should know what Bergeron brings to the table day in day out.

That said, I think it's great that one of the true "good guys" has enjoyed such success.

I count Bergeron in the Neely and Bourque category. Great players on the ice, but also players that regularly show the kind of humility and character off the ice that young players worldwide would do well to emulate.

The Last Baron*

And your incessant need to point this out is aggravating.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Great game by Patrice, nice seeing Bruins players winning, hopefully they can bring the Stanley Cup back to Boston this year once play resumes, and it will resume.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad