Series Talk: Leafs vs Bruins - 'ah shit here we go again' edition -- Full schedule post #933

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
And before you all get your hopes up.

Leafs have only scored more than 2 goals in a game 1 time in 8 games. So we are about to get "goalied" again. Remarkable since we spend 40 mil on 4 offensive minded players.

Boston came out flat. They played their worst game of the series. Don't count on that again.

Powerplay is still garbage going 0-3. HOW IS THIS EVEN REMOTELY POSSIBLE?! You can't win when your PP is less than 10%. So warm up to this narrative as we do our exit thread wondering what happened.

- we relied on Sammy even though Sammy has never proven to be consistent.
- Keefe got out coached again
- our team leaders disappeared...again.
- our special teams sucked.

This is why we lost. Let's just get it out of the way now.
It is possible that Boston will win.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
I think you can clear your schedule for Saturday night at this point. Boston had their shot and now I suspect that many of the guys on that team are very much on edge waiting for game 7.

Out of curiousity, why do you bother watching?
I don't. I'm done until next Sept. The indifference in game 4. A do or die game and our team leaders and highest paid players come out flat...AGAIN pushed me over the top.

I'm done with this script. I'm done with this core. They have nothing to offer in the playoffs. I've never seen 11M players get so easily nullified in the games that matters...this is ridiculous and boring at this point.

• Haha
Reactions: Metroid

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I don't. I'm done until next Sept. The indifference in game 4. A do or die game and our team leaders and highest paid players come out flat...AGAIN pushed me over the top.

I'm done with this script. I'm done with this core. They have nothing to offer in the playoffs. I've never seen 11M players get so easily nullified in the games that matters...this is ridiculous and boring at this point.
Then why are you posting on a hockey message board for a team that you don't watch anymore? Clearly there is still something drawing you in. Cheer up - game 3 against Florida will either be Friday or Saturday night in Toronto. Early May, so the weather should be lovely.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017

You didn't watch the game?

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Then why are you posting on a hockey message board for a team that you don't watch anymore? Clearly there is still something drawing you in. Cheer up - game 3 against Florida will either be Friday or Saturday night in Toronto. Early May, so the weather should be lovely.
I'm frustrated with this garbage team's core and I like to bitch about it.

This isn't rocket science.

Notice how, instead of refuting my post...you are pivoting in trying to psychoanalyze me? Because nothing I said was wrong. We deserve better.

You didn't watch the game?
it's been 8 years. I've watched that game dozen's of times. so have you.

Reactions: Rare Jewel

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019

Notice how, instead of refuting my post...you are pivoting in trying to psychoanalyze me? Because nothing I said was wrong. We deserve better.
Let's see how they do against Florida before tearing them apart again.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017

it's been 8 years. I've watched that game dozen's of times. so have you.
No, they are different games.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Be mad at them. Don't be mad at the messenger. Anyone who still thinks this team has what it takes after 8 years of the same god damn script is wilfully ignorant.

They've been VERY clear as to how much they really value winning in the postseason. And a month from now while we are watching real teams battle through injuries and we are left wondering again "why not us?" Ole Mitch and the gang will be off smiling and fishing or golfing without a care in the world because their paychecks don't bounce.
Most can separate themselves from the team. What they hope happens and what they think will happen

Then there's you. But thanks for being the reality check, seems like that was necessary and doesn't make you look pathetic at all.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Most can separate themselves from the team. What they hope happens and what they think will happen

Then there's you. But thanks for being the reality check, seems like that was necessary and doesn't make you look pathetic at all.
You just described me before the playoffs began. And then game 4 happened and ONCE AGAIN, this f***ing core has shown ONCE AGAIN why neither you or I or anyone should give them the benefit of the doubt or hope.

8 years. 1 script.

• Haha
Reactions: Gallagbi

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
And before you all get your hopes up.

Leafs have only scored more than 2 goals in a game 1 time in 8 games. So we are about to get "goalied" again. Remarkable since we spend 40 mil on 4 offensive minded players.

Boston came out flat. They played their worst game of the series. Don't count on that again.

Powerplay is still garbage going 0-3. HOW IS THIS EVEN REMOTELY POSSIBLE?! You can't win when your PP is less than 10%. So warm up to this narrative as we do our exit thread wondering what happened.

- we relied on Sammy even though Sammy has never proven to be consistent.
- Keefe got out coached again
- our team leaders disappeared...again.
- our special teams sucked.

This is why we lost. Let's just get it out of the way now.

This belongs in the "blow this team up" thread.

Some of you are so miserable you can't even celebrate a win.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
It's still up to this team to win fans over. I don't blame fans for their apathy, or their polarizing physiological relationship with this team. You hear the media talk about the "PTSD" of leaf fans. It's not real trauma, but it certainly is something. I don't blame fans at all for coming on to this board and say things like:
"Typical Leafs. They will shit the bed in game 6 or game 7 in Boston." Until they can prove otherwise this kind of sentiment from fans is fairly natural.

Reactions: egd27

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I play goalie for a soccer league on Thursdays and I think they're going to need to find someone else this week 😀

I'm sure they can find someone else to allow 5 goals for the night
Samsonov is free.

You just described me before the playoffs began. And then game 4 happened and ONCE AGAIN, this f***ing core has shown ONCE AGAIN why neither you or I or anyone should give them the benefit of the doubt or hope.

8 years. 1 script.
1714568664413.png

It's still up to this team to win fans over. I don't blame fans for their apathy, or their polarizing physiological relationship with this team. You hear the media talk about the "PTSD" of leaf fans. It's not real trauma, but it certainly is something. I don't blame fans at all for coming on to this board and say things like:
"Typical Leafs. They will shit the bed in game 6 or game 7 in Boston." Until they can prove otherwise this kind of sentiment from fans is fairly natural.
They won last night.

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville

You care so little you won't watch, but you stay active in the Leaf forum on HF? :rolleyes:

Hoglund4MvP

Jan 26, 2022
Yeah but pasta got two goals

You can look like shit as long as you deliver in the playoffs. There's no style points here
That is for my second sentence. We are not taking advantage of their best player having low impact across the entire 60 minute.

I should have included PP numbers too. So bad.

Pasta has also not looked like shit in the postseason for 8 f***ING YEARS.
Who cares about the last 7 years, he looks like shit in this one and we need to win this one

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
That is for my second sentence. We are not taking advantage of their best player having low impact across the entire 60 minute.

I should have included PP numbers too. So bad.

Who cares about the last 7 years, he looks like shit in this one and we need to win this one
Nylander missed 3 games because of a f***ing headache and Matthews has missed a game and a half because of the flu. Tavares is too f***ing old and Marner has been invisibile. Keefe keeps getting out coached, our powerplay is less than 10% and we put our faith in Sammy once again to watch him let us down, once again.

Oh and we seem to be unable to score more than 2 goals a game and we haven't won at home in 6 games.

I'm sorry if you have hope.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad