Ligue 1 23-24

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Metz had the worst squad on paper but a coach like Boloni was always likely to give them a chance. They still need to play whoever comes from Ligue 2 to stay up though.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Metz down to 10 men after just 5 minutes after a brutal challenge by their 19yo midfielder Diallo. Tough game ahead for Boloni's men, as they lost the first leg 2-1 at St Etienne.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Just turned on.. Somehow Metz have 2 with a red and lead 2-1 at half.
The red card galvanized them and they went up 2-0 but unsurprisingly they started to tire and St Etienne got one back and now they're on the front foot

Lots of drama and entertainment in the second half so far. Even though I support Metz in this game I think St Etienne had a goal wrongfully denied by the ref as Oukidja wasn't getting to that ball in a million years. Guy who scored couldn't find a better place to celebrate than in front of the Metz craziest fans so he almost got into a fight with the stewards. The crowd went wild and are absolutely pestering opposite players, throwing so much shit at them that stewards are actually protecting them with a mobile net haha I'd never seen that before, absolute scenes 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: PanniniClaus

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Add the bogus penalty and St Étienne must be totally mad.
Hopefully they go though because the reffing is the only reason they're not promoted right now.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Add the bogus penalty and St Étienne must be totally mad.
Hopefully they go though because the reffing is the only reason they're not promoted right now.
Yeah that was a weird pen too. Human mechanics make me think there was contact but I swear I didn't see it on video on any angle.

St Etienne should be mad at themselves first, 85 minutes up a player and very little football on show. Not impressed by anyone on their team today, maybeee the goal scorer Petrot.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Cardona is nice too.

But they did get way more chances than Metz. Which is expected but they should have won 3-1 with fair reffing.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Although I haven't watched them at all during these past few seasons they've been in the 2nd division, good to have a traditional successful club like St.Etienne back at top flight. Hopefully they have the resources to stay up too.

Ditto for Auxerre.

Mayby Bordeaux will be back too in a few years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad