Value of: Linus Ullmark to your goalie needy team

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Assuming he waives to your team. What would you give up to get him?

Id like a early pick and a good center or d prospect and/or a roster player
Ullmark does not have numbers deserving high value return.

He is ok, but not great.

2023-24​
NHL​
40​
1​
2​
2400​
102​
0​
2​
2.55​
22​
10​
7​
1105​
0.915​
2023-24p​
NHL​
2​
0​
0​
77​
5​
0​
0​
3.90​
0​
1​
0​
39​
0.886​
NHL Totals

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Ullmark does not have numbers deserving high value return.

He is ok, but not great.

2023-24​
NHL​
40​
1​
2​
2400​
102​
0​
2​
2.55​
22​
10​
7​
1105​
0.915​
2023-24p​
NHL​
2​
0​
0​
77​
5​
0​
0​
3.90​
0​
1​
0​
39​
0.886​
NHL Totals

Fixed it for you. Important to note, you know, the Vezina he won last year.

1716232513657.png

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
You can make valid point about Boston not being able to extract full value because everyone knows he is getting dealt, the fact that he is a pending UFA, and the fact that he has a limited amount of teams he wants to sign longterm with…

But to try to pretend he is some kind of mid goalie is insane. He has the same stat line as Swayman this year in front of a Boston team the was caved in more often than not and was Hasek like in behind a top team the year before…while also posting solid numbers in front of a tire fire Buffalo team leading Boston to getting him in the first place.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Someone on the Bs board thru out Frederic and Ullmark for Mercer. 17 and 19 goals from Frederic as a physical 3rd liner the last couple years.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
Someone on the Bs board thru out Frederic and Ullmark for Mercer. 17 and 19 goals from Frederic as a physical 3rd liner the last couple years.

Obviously this is just my own opinion of how the Devils view it, but the reason I think they like Markstrom is the 2 years left. I don't think that they want to attach themselves to a goalie for 5-6 years and I think they are still pretty high on their organizational guys (Poulter, Schmid, Daws, Malek). I feel like if they trade for Ullmark, it's a rental. Ullmark's next contract is probably something like 5 years @ 6 million assuming he remains steady, and I just don't think the Devils have the appetite for that kind of commitment on a goalie.

Would have a interest in Frederic though

Reactions: HBK27

TooMuchMan

Sep 29, 2010
Deep Space Nine
The Bruins were a much worse defensive team this year than last (losing one of the greatest C's in team history will do that) so the dip in Sv% shouldn't be a big concern. He's definitely a top-10 goalie in the League, for my money.

Don't think he'll get the kind of return you'd be looking for from a Vezina-winning goalie. Too many mid-to-high-level goalies on the market and goalies... even the very best ones... rarely go for top dollar.

My ideal reasonable return would be a 1st in '24 (lateish) and a decent forward prospect. Or a young C who needs a contract with upside.

Most likely he gets turned for a 2nd and a 4th or a single 'meh' prospect, or a ufa-age middle-six forward on a decent deal.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It seems to me that Boston doesn’t have a lot of leverage in extracting top value for Ulmark. Everyone knows Boston will be looking to unload him because Swayman is going to get a big raise. Maybe some team steps up, I don’t know. But it seems to me they may only get a mid level pick for him
If you are a team in need of a goalie, are you seriously going to make that bet and risk having another club step up with an offer and land him while you run it back with the same goalie tandem you had in 23/24? As a GM you are likely to get fired over that. I mean we have like 10 HC and 2 GMs changes from game 1 of the season so far.

Pretty sure you couldn’t blame all of the teams problems on just the HC. GM have to improve the roster.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
My ideal reasonable return would be a 1st in '24 (lateish) and a decent forward prospect. Or a young C who needs a contract with upside.

Most likely he gets turned for a 2nd and a 4th or a single 'meh' prospect, or a ufa-age middle-six forward on a decent deal.
My expectation is that he'll return something close to the Kuemper deal, but I could also see Boston go for a hockey trade.

Thirty Seven

Jan 23, 2017
It seems to me that Boston doesn’t have a lot of leverage in extracting top value for Ulmark. Everyone knows Boston will be looking to unload him because Swayman is going to get a big raise. Maybe some team steps up, I don’t know. But it seems to me they may only get a mid level pick for him
This would be true if only one team was interested in Ullmark. I imagine more than one team is interested therefore his value will go up. Boston also doesn't have to trade him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad