Player Discussion Linus Ullmark

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
have to think something could be done around Necas/Ullmark, Necas would make Lysell expendable unless they really want to try him at C (seems like hes more of a Wing).
Necas isn't the kind of heavy Panther-like player the B's are likely seeking.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Never dawned on me that he can put teams in his list that have absolutely no need for a G.

He really can make himself untradeable if he desires. wild.
Not that I see Ullmark doing that but if he plays hardball like that then you give it right back…not saying you want to burn a bridge but you tell him he’s not playing next year and all of a sudden he waives pretty quickly

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Not that I see Ullmark doing that but if he plays hardball like that then you give it right back…not saying you want to burn a bridge but you tell him he’s not playing next year and all of a sudden he waives pretty quickly

Pretty sure Ullmark knows the Bruins aren't going to pay him to not play, since they want to trade him for more Cap space.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

Yeah if he wants to play that card you just tell him good luck getting a big deal next offseason after riding the pine all year

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
Never dawned on me that he can put teams in his list that have absolutely no need for a G.

He really can make himself untradeable if he desires. wild.
Linus Ullmark will never do that imo. Already, following the elimination, he made it clear that he found it difficult not to compete. This is an elite goalie who wants to play and will absolutely not be relegated as a backup. He knows very well that the Bruins want to trade him and he also knows very well that the net now belongs to Sway. I am convinced that a guy like this does not put non-competitive teams on his list, he wants to win, he is a winner and he will collaborate in the exchange I am convinced

Reactions: JOKER 192

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
If the Bruins get their hands on a player like Necas, that would be a great addition for this team. The guy is a speedster, hard working and a complete player in both directions of the rink. An ultra fast offensive player with a lot of skill as the Bruins have not had for a long time in the pipline of propsects

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
If the Bruins get their hands on a player like Necas, that would be a great addition for this team. The guy is a speedster, hard working and a complete player in both directions of the rink. An ultra fast offensive player with a lot of skill as the Bruins have not had for a long time in the pipline of propsects
...he's also an RFA if I'm not mistaken.

So why is he in the Ullmark thread?

Reactions: BruinsJoe

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I think you make a new one each year
To do that, it has to be negotiated in his contract. The Bruins have his list from July 1 last year. There are no alterations until July 1 this year when he has to drop one team.

The Bruins can deal him based on that list from last year.

Or they can put him in a position to waive for a totally different team. That's doable.

FU Shoresy

Jan 25, 2023
I'd hate to see Linus in Toronto or Carolina that would make things harder for the Bruins plus I really don't like either team & don't want them to succeed lol
I'd ship him to wherever we get the best value in return for him. If we go against him in the playoffs then so be it. We still have the better tender.

Reactions: BBruins

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
If the B's can get Necas on something based around Ullmark they would be nuts not to do it.

I'd hate to see Linus in Toronto or Carolina that would make things harder for the Bruins plus I really don't like either team & don't want them to succeed lol
Those teams will need to pay a premium .

Reactions: BMC

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Really random question - if Ullmark had Arizona on his no trade list, does that transfer to Utah? I'm guessing it would, but figured someone here might know for sure. Probably not relevant as there are probably multiple better candidates for the Bruins to do business with, but just a thought.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Really random question - if Ullmark had Arizona on his no trade list, does that transfer to Utah? I'm guessing it would, but figured someone here might know for sure. Probably not relevant as there are probably multiple better candidates for the Bruins to do business with, but just a thought.
AZ=UT

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
How much overpay does it take to trade ullmark to Toronto?

Does marner at 50 percent get our attention?

Curious to hear thoughts.....
Toronto would want a whole lot more than just Ullmark, forwards as well and maybe picks/prospects. They want a haul for Marner and will get it from a team with cap space to burn in need of offense and regular season success to sell seats.

Boston would have to send pieces to Toronto that would improve them tremendously while we would get a project player who has problems with shying from physical play and gets pushed to the perimeter in the post season.
Not good for Boston in any way for both them and improving their division rivals.

MartyLapointe20

Dec 20, 2023
I actually love Ulmark. I know everyone wants Swayman to be the future net minder for this organization, and he certainly took the lead for that title with his playoff performance, but I’m excited Linus wants a revenge tour - let these guys battle it out again next season. We have the cap space to address other areas for now. Best goalie tandem in the league is a good problem to have. Never know who can get injured. If Linus starts the season playing lights out, it will bring his value back up and maybe he waives his no trade at the deadline if Swayman keeps it up. I think Linus is a little more sound and plays the puck better than Swayman but Swayman just proved he has the ice in his veins when it matters most in big games. We haven’t really seen a healthy Ulmark take the playoff reigns yet but he was just so good in 23 and parts of 24 - An 03’ Gigure performance out of him wouldn’t surprise me. Monty mismanaged the 23’ playoff goalie situation pretty bad. The most obvious one was Game 6 Swayman should’ve came in when Ulmark couldn’t shut the door.. Monty did a better job in 24’ of managing them, and Sway obviously took it and ran with it, but could’ve used a breather in that Panthers series like other commenters said. Showed some signs of getting a little gassed, but Linus didn’t do himself any favors in Game 2 when he came in mid game when it was out of hand. I wanted to see them both catch fire in the playoffs. I think that was our only chance of making a run. Just saying - the hub and others are acting like Ulmarks the Steve Shields back up goalie and thats not the case. This was the 1st year Swayman showed that he’s a true playoff goalie - does that automatically give him the future? I know he was younger, but he’s had playoff opportunities before Linus took over the net in 23’. Very happy with Swayman season and progress but want to make sure it holds up, especially if we’re giving him the 8x8.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad