London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
For those of you who are Spittin’ Chiclets fans, at the tail end of their May 21 podcast, (47 min mark)they cover the Landon Sim five game suspension versus Hache and Saginaw. They do a great job!!!

Must be heard!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: jimbarrou

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
For those of you who are Spittin’ Chiclets fans, at the tail end of their May 20 podcast, they cover the Landon Sim five game suspension versus Hache and Saginaw. They do a great job!!!

Must be heard!!!
Bunch of douchenozzles... no thanks

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Thanks for the post EvenSteven, but I would also never listen a second to that platform for the reason Otto posted. Furthermore, Bissonnette and Whitney remind me of two immature “cool”guys who think they’re funny and better than everyone else. Not for me.

Reactions: DWI Dale and Otto

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
there are times i find biz funny outside of spittin chiclets, but that show itself is basically just a billboard for the toxic nonsense we're trying to get out of hockey.

Reactions: Otto

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
How so? They are a players pod. They have the best ear to the ground so to speak

If you're a regular consumer of their podcast/social media and haven't noticed any egregious toxicity then it's probably not a discussion worth having. No offense meant but we're obviously on different wavelengths.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
If you're a regular consumer of their podcast/social media and haven't noticed any egregious toxicity then it's probably not a discussion worth having. No offense meant but we're obviously on different wavelengths.
And if you listened to the clip I referred to, you’d find that across the board, they were in agreement with just about every poster on this thread regarding the suspension.

But if we’re on different wavelengths…..

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
And if you listened to the clip I referred to, you’d find that across the board, they were in agreement with just about every poster on this thread regarding the suspension.

But if we’re on different wavelengths…..

that's great! however i'm not seeking the validation of my opinions from spittin' chiclets even if i happen to agree with them on this subject.

Reactions: rve24 and Otto

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

This is how the CHL tries to hide the Memorial Cup home team embarrassment, by minimizing or hiding the team's poor show in the playoffs, they are quick to say they've won 50 regular season games and then misquoted for them to 5 games playoffs losses instead of the actual 7. Their OHL website shows a poor Saginaw playoffs performance of only 10 W 7 L for a 0.588 winning percentage records. This has been noted several times over the years, with all three leagues with a poor host team playoffs' performance, as if they are trying to save face for the home host team. I still predict a London/Saginaw M Tourney final, loser of the round-robin between the two team will likely win the cup. IMHO

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Regarding the SC podcast affiliated with misogynistic Barstool, I completely forgot Owen Sound traded for Bissonnette in 04/05, thinking they could give London a run for their money, only to be swept by Kitchener in round 2.🤣

I wonder if he shows up for the Memorial Cup.

Off my soapbox now. Hoping for a Knights cup win. Three would be amazing.

Reactions: rve24

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
Not true. Home team gets eliminated and the fans turn on their league rivals ! London will be booed all night.
You are assuming there will be more "home" fans then Knights fans there.
Judging by Saginaw's playoff attendance and the fact Knights fans travel well I'm not sure this will be an audible factor :sarcasm::naughty:

• Haha
Reactions: rve24

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
You are assuming there will be more "home" fans then Knights fans there.
Judging by Saginaw's playoff attendance and the fact Knights fans travel well I'm not sure this will be an audible factor :sarcasm::naughty:
There’s a chance since mem cup packages are so high people didn’t buy playoff packages and just bought single game tickets so they could go whenever.

It’ll be sold out for that game between the ohl teams regardless. The rest of the tournament is a ‘?’

Maxxim1

Oct 17, 2005
1716399786303.png

Reactions: zman77 and Fastpace

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
Was that the whole group that went down on the bus? Seem to be missing some people. Obviously quite a few will drive themselves being so close this year.
Hopefully here is a few extras there to supervise the Boultons so we don't see another lost tooth incident like the Ruperts on the way to Shawinigan in 2012 lol
??? I missed that Ruperts story. Inquiring minds want to know...

Dhockey16

Jun 23, 2011
Erie, Pennsylvania
Thanks for the post EvenSteven, but I would also never listen a second to that platform for the reason Otto posted. Furthermore, Bissonnette and Whitney remind me of two immature “cool”guys who think they’re funny and better than everyone else. Not for me.
They are loud idiots but the hockey talk is actually really good once you get past the bluster. Better than standard sports talk radio. In any case, I listen to the show and it was the first I've heard of this Landon Sim thing. Did he really get suspended 5 games in the playoffs for calling an opponent a **ssy? Who are the human beings who think this is just or fair? Or am I missing something about this situation

Last edited:
Reactions: EvenSteven

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
They are loud idiots but the hockey talk is actually really good once you get past the bluster. Better than standard sports talk radio. In any case, I listen to the show and it was the first I've heard of this Landon Sim thing. Did he really get suspended 5 games in the playoffs for calling an opponent a **ssy? Who are the human beings who think this is just or fair? Or am I missing something about this situation
I dont listen to chiclets. Not my style.

Yes Landon was suspended for a two pronged infraction :

1. Hitting an opposing player during pregame warmup.

2. Uttering a word that doesnt even make George Carlin's 7 Words You Cant Say on Television.

The pendulum has swung way too far. I get expecting people to be civil, but social norms have become a farce. Its embarrassing.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I dont listen to chiclets. Not my style.

Yes Landon was suspended for a two pronged infraction :

1. Hitting an opposing player during pregame warmup.

2. Uttering a word that doesnt even make George Carlin's 7 Words You Cant Say on Television.

The pendulum has swung way too far. I get expecting people to be civil, but social norms have become a farce. Its embarrassing.
My question is: If not for the comment directed towards Hache, is there any suspension at all for the pregame warmup thing? Or are they tacking that on to help justify the 5 games.

I didn’t see the pregame thing, but for those who did, did it warrant anything? What exactly happened after Sim initiated the bump?

Reactions: Fastpace

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
My question is: If not for the comment directed towards Hache, is there any suspension at all for the pregame warmup thing? Or are they tacking that on to help justify the 5 games.

I didn’t see the pregame thing, but for those who did, did it warrant anything? What exactly happened after Sim initiated the bump?
My answer is no...

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

On that pregame incident, no penalty called, it's kind of funny the league heard and listened to referee verbal report, while at the same time telling Sim's agent about Hache telling Sim he was going to hurt his shoulder, the league said they do not follow-ups on none referee reports sent to the league office. It's all about league politic and nepotism, anymore, has been for many years now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad