NHL: Around the League 52

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
I understand McDonough is a good defenseman, and part of me truly pains to call him a dinosaur as I am near his age myself — but regardless the move reminds me of our “getting the boys back together” phase that signaled the end of days before we hit entered our death spiral.

I give the lightning 2 years before they start to rebuild

Reactions: Crow

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Also with cap situation it would appear that this means TB is prepared to let Stamkos go

Either that or they need to trade someone like Cernak, Cirelli or Sergachev

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
Also with cap situation it would appear that this means TB is prepared to let Stamkos go

Either that or they need to trade someone like Cernak, Cirelli or Sergachev
Sorry I’m daft and didn’t see your comment earlier so goes for my thoughts being original lol

I don’t see them letting stammer go after this, which might be a mistake. But if they believe they can contend one last time, then they should try I guess and they owe the core as much with sacrificing their bodies to this point.

Kuch will be gone I bet after 2026-2027 in his final year of that contract, I would imagine they will send off stammer if signed and point too at that time to kick off the rebuild.

Last edited:

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Craig Berube wants his Maple Leafs — virtually all of whom he's already met with in-person or on the phone — to drive straight. Be heavy on pucks. Win their pucks. Earn their ice time. Move their feet.

I'm sure every coach wants this from his team. The problem is getting the spoiled and dainty millionaire players of today's NHL to play the game properly.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Craig Berube wants his Maple Leafs — virtually all of whom he's already met with in-person or on the phone — to drive straight. Be heavy on pucks. Win their pucks. Earn their ice time. Move their feet.

I'm sure every coach wants this from his team. The problem is getting the spoiled and dainty millionaire players of today's NHL to play the game properly.
He's coaching the wrong team.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I watched Matthews' post-series interview and I really think the guy doesn't care at all about winning. I don't think it's hyperbole either. The guy wants to score goals and make as much money as he can. The playoffs seem like something he just has to "deal with" until the offseason starts.

Not a guy I'd want to give a contract too in 4 years

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I actually like Keefe but I don’t think he’s the right coach for the Devils.
Totally disagree. I think he’s the perfect coach for that team. He seems to really get through to younger teams to play more consistently.

Perhaps he won’t get them to the cup, but a lot of that will have to do with the make up of that team, which I find rather suspect for the time being.

Reactions: d rake

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Totally disagree. I think he’s the perfect coach for that team. He seems to really get through to younger teams to play more consistently.

Perhaps he won’t get them to the cup, but a lot of that will have to do with the make up of that team, which I find rather suspect for the time being.
Idk, I feel like its a group of younger guys that needs some structure. I agree obviously with the young part. He's proven that.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Oilers, it seems, never change. They begin the game looking dominant, then next thing you know an obvious breakdown and Dallas has a breakaway and Skinner had to bail them out.

And now a dumb penalty by Kane.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
No score yet but already a better series to watch, IMO.

Can you tell that I hate the stifling hockey that Florida plays (and which pretty much forces the ops to play the same style, YAWN.)

Dallas playing " flying the zone" hockey and getting away with it against Oil..... adjustment needed.

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
I let others on the board obsess about draft picks, but the one pick I hated was Boqvist, particularly because he had an injury history when selected. I thought he was an injury time bomb waiting to happen. Ya think the Hawks would have screwed up Evan Bouchard (mr. ot set up guy last night) or Noah Dobson too?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad