Confirmed with Link: Nichushkin back in assistance program; suspended a minimum of six months

TheGreenTBer

Generational Lesson Learner
Apr 30, 2021
I wasn't talking about heroin, more like Oxycodone and stuff like that. Painkillers.
Ah I see. Oxy is still an opiate though so some of the things I posted still apply, though in a different way depending on the route of administration.

Personally, I was given Oxy once after a surgery. It felt like slipping into a warm jacuzzi. Disposed of the rest of the bottle immediately afterwards and will never take again for any reason.

wayninja

Win it for Val
Mar 24, 2017
Ah I see. Oxy is still an opiate though so some of the things I posted still apply, though in a different way depending on the route of administration.

Personally, I was given Oxy once after a surgery. It felt like slipping into a warm jacuzzi. Disposed of the rest of the bottle immediately afterwards and will never take again for any reason.
Where did you dispose of it? Might it still be there?

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
Where did you dispose of it? Might it still be there?
If you have a DeLorean and 1.21 gigawatts of power, you could theoretically stop me at gunpoint from flushing it (edit: the pills, not the bottle obviously) into my previous house's septic tank like 10 years ago

Edit again: I love your avatar

Last edited:

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
His addiction should be treated with kindness and understanding
I'm sorry but no. Did he treat that prostitute with kindness and understanding? What about his wife and kid at home while he was in that hotel room? How many times did it happen before someone called 911 and made it public (and got fired for it)?

Nichushkin is a bad guy, by choice, "addicted" to a party drug. He's not some plumber with a bad back who woke up one day addicted to painkillers.

He gets zero sympathy from me.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I'm sorry but no. Did he treat that prostitute with kindness and understanding? What about his wife and kid at home while he was in that hotel room? How many times did it happen before someone called 911 and made it public?

Nichushkin is a bad guy, by choice, "addicted" to a party drug. He's not some plumber with a bad back who woke up one day addicted to painkillers.

Is this a fact though? Frankly, given how the woman was described as being completely out of it, wouldn't be surprised if it was alcohol and painkillers.

I mean in the end it doesn't really matter. Cocaine, weed, Oxy... Whatever, shouldn't be doing that shit as a pro athlete, simple as that.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Nuke has made me beam with pride and yell in triumph at my computer screen. Unfortunately, he's also seriously grinding my gears with his "relapses". I use scare quotes here because I don't believe it is a relapse if you were never serious about being clean in the first place.

I really do wish him the best and hope that he gets clean and has a happy life. I also sincerely hope it happens absolutely anywhere other than Denver, Colorado.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Remember this?

xg0oauisz4kb1.jpg

Plus the hotel incident. Doesn't really paint a picture of an addiction victim trying their best to get clean.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I'm sorry but no. Did he treat that prostitute with kindness and understanding? What about his wife and kid at home while he was in that hotel room? How many times did it happen before someone called 911 and made it public (and got fired for it)?

100%. Nobody forced him to take these actions that damage other people, not just himself.

Reactions: missionAvs

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I lost a lot of respect for him. He needs to go for the sake of the team.

If he is back next season it will be because the Avs are stuck with him, certainly not because they are giving him a "6-month" chance. He has had all the chances he deserves.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I lost a lot of respect for him. He needs to go for the sake of the team.

If he is back next season it will be because the Avs are stuck with him, certainly not because they are giving him a "6-month" chance. He has had all the chances he deserves.
TMV mentioned it in his article that his prediction is no chance that locker room welcomes him back.

If I am a betting man, I'd guess Nichushkin has 100% played his last game as an Av and the players in that room will demand the Avs move on from him.

pont

Jul 1, 2019

Agreed on the Oxy part. I was given it due to a broken leg and severely sprained ankle. I took one and had similar effects though I also felt like vomiting. I dissolved the rest of the pills in my kitchen sink and put up with the pain instead. HORRIBLE stuff!

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
TMV mentioned it in his article that his prediction is no chance that locker room welcomes him back.
6 months is a long time...players will forgive/forget.

IMO it comes down to management. If the choice in November is either:

a) Nuke comes back at 6M and helps the team
or
b) Kroenke pays him 75% of what's left on his contract and the team is stuck with a 3M cap penalty for 6 years

then IMO they'll be tempted to go with the first option and roll the dices.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006

If I am a betting man, I'd guess Nichushkin has 100% played his last game as an Av and the players in that room will demand the Avs move on from him.
I also believe that. I was just commenting on another poster saying he deserves another 6-month chance. Just saying that if he comes back it would be because the Avs had no choice not because they were giving him another chance.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
Agreed on the Oxy part. I was given it due to a broken leg and severely sprained ankle. I took one and had similar effects though I also felt like vomiting. I dissolved the rest of the pills in my kitchen sink and put up with the pain instead. HORRIBLE stuff!
I have a relative that is a recovering addict (6 years clean now) and he told me that every once in a while he will be walking down the street and will catch a smell that reminds him of the smell of heroin, and he gets incredibly nauseous.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Really wish those had all been documented as it would be much easier to actually go after Nuke for cause. As it is, the Avs only documented Seattle and earlier this season. So as far as the league is concerned this is strike 3. I think I read that it takes a 4th violation before reinstatement is not even guaranteed.
This is likely to end up in closed session arbitration, the Avs can (and should/will) be able to bring in information that hasn’t been previously disclosed, because it won’t make it to the public.

pont

Jul 1, 2019
I have a relative that is a recovering addict (6 years clean now) and he told me that every once in a while he will be walking down the street and will catch a smell that reminds him of the smell of heroin, and he gets incredibly nauseous.
I am lucky as there is no possible way I could get addicted to that shit. My heart was racing and all the other things I described. Criminal that the stuff was legally prescribed back in the day.

Last edited:

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
This is likely to end up in closed session arbitration, the Avs can (and should/will) be able to bring in information that hasn’t been previously disclosed, because it won’t make it to the public.
It's going to be awkward conversating telling the league how you covered his antics ups, in an effort to get the league to allow you out of a percentage of his cap hit.

Reactions: katfude

Boulder Avalanche

Pull the Goalie
Apr 9, 2013
You need the play Val brings but you cannot bring him back. It doesn’t matter if the workplace is a McDonald's or an NHL locker room once an individual shows continual issues that cause massive roadblocks to success in the workplace you have to cut them out. The Avalanche tried to sweep the problems under the rug and it will cost them. If the goal is to have it impact the cap as little as possible, Val entering Stage 4 is the ideal scenario for the Avalanche. The man wearing the sweater needs a ton of help and I hope he turns his life around, but you have to minimize how much harm he can do to the organization moving forward.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

Well…you have a point. I will say that addiction can cause even the best of people to make some absolutely monstrous choices but I’m not advocating he not be held accountable.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Remember this?

xg0oauisz4kb1.jpg

Plus the hotel incident. Doesn't really paint a picture of an addiction victim trying their best to get clean.
I'm sure there are pictures of me with an AK as well lol, so I don't see this as proof of anything other than terrible optics considering the situation he was rushed out of

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I'm sure there are pictures of me with an AK as well lol, so I don't see this as proof of anything other than terrible optics considering the situation he was rushed out of
Posing with guns I don't mind, though posing with them in this type of "gangster way" if you will is cringe AF. But the fact that this was basically the first time we heard of Nuke after the Seattle incident... Yeah.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Yea the gun pics I disagree that the issue is mainly the timing.

Posing with a rifle after a hunting trip or at the shooting range has a completly different meaning than posing with a rifle like a gangster to show that you're tough.

xh3roy5.png

Reactions: Mr Zappalanche

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
So its all about you I guess? What a horrible attitude and thing to say.

[MOD] I was merely stating that the 2 scenarios aren't even remotely close to being comparable. Yes, I'm a human being and am an avid fan of the Avs. Nuke has f***ed this team over 2 consecutive playoff runs. I hope for his family's sake that he gets better but I don't give a f*** about the guy or his issues anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad