OT: Off Topic XXI - It's the End of the World As We Know It (and I feel fine)

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Where you heading this year?
Europe again. Visiting my partner’s relatives in England for a bit and then we’ll circle down to Amsterdam and Berlin by train. Last 2 weeks will be in Italy. Still have some planning for how it’ll ultimately pan out, but we are leaving Calgary to London on X date and heading from Rome on Y date. There were tons of places we had in mind but the money is never unlimited lol.

Ik Ik im a bad hockey fan, but sometimes we have to make choices. Also I want Neapolitan pizza, and not just the New York works by a 4th generation “Italian” American family (I’m just kidding ofc, I still love nyc pizza).

Also I apologize @Kahvi for spiting Finland once again. I will take my punishment appropriately.

Last edited:

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Ik Ik im a bad hockey fan, but sometimes we have to make choices. Also I want Neapolitan pizza, and not just the New York works by a 4th generation “Italian” American family (I’m just kidding ofc, I still love nyc pizza).
Too bad there isn't some international electronic network of things that could help you follow the team whilst abroad. :sarcasm:

Reactions: super6646

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Europe again. Visiting my partner’s relatives in England for a bit and then we’ll circle down to Amsterdam and Berlin by train. Last 2 weeks will be in Italy. Still have some planning for how it’ll ultimately pan out, but we are leaving Calgary to London on X date and heading from Rome on Y date. There were tons of places we had in mind but the money is never unlimited lol.

Also I apologize @Kahvi for spiting Finland once again. I will take my punishment appropriately.

Haha.
Who cares, you’ll remember this trip for much longer than you’ll remember this season.

That’s awesome. I’ve never done the UK, so I’m a bit jealous haha. So far my favourite countries in Europe have been Hungary and Czechia; and of course the Balkans but I’m forced to love that through family and heritage lol.

Are you going on your own? The Ms? Buddies?

Amsterdam is DANGEROUS if you want it to be. I watched that last season of Atlanta and wanted to go again lol.

Reactions: super6646

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Haha.
Who cares, you’ll remember this trip for much longer than you’ll remember this season.

That’s awesome. I’ve never done the UK, so I’m a bit jealous haha. So far my favourite countries in Europe have been Hungary and Czechia; and of course the Balkans but I’m forced to love that through family and heritage lol.

Are you going on your own? The Ms? Buddies?

Amsterdam is DANGEROUS if you want it to be. I watched that last season of Atlanta and wanted to go again lol.

“My partner’s relatives.”

Would be awkward if I went without her hahahahahah.

Never been to the Czech Republic, but I’ve been to Hungary numerous times since my mother is from there. Surprised to hear someone say it’s their favourite. I remember the people being incredibly rude and looking down on English speaking ppl lol. As for your point about England, definitely go at some point. London is, bar none, one of my favourite cities in the world, and there are a lot of awesome small towns to explore too (bath is one off the top of my head). Super pricey though (which is why I’m glad someone has a place for us).

Just curious, which part of the balkans are you from?

Too bad there isn't some international electronic network of things that could help you follow the team whilst abroad. :sarcasm:
I’m sorry, but she hates this board. She says I post here too much. Won’t be serfing here much except on train rides lest I get dirty stares from here lol.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I think you are missing out. Finland would be amazing, and @Kahvi is dope as f***
I mean I'd rather be somewhere else now. It was -30 for couple of days here, only -25 today. Didnt go out for few days, and when I walked to the supermarket today my face really hurt.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

Never been to the Czech Republic, but I’ve been to Hungary numerous times since my mother is from there. Surprised to hear someone say it’s their favourite. I remember the people being incredibly rude and looking down on English speaking ppl lol. As for your point about England, definitely go at some point. London is, bar none, one of my favourite cities in the world, and there are a lot of awesome small towns to explore too (bath is one off the top of my head). Super pricey though (which is why I’m glad someone has a place for us).

I’m sorry, but she hates this board. She says I post here too much. Won’t be serfing here much except on train rides lest I get dirty stares from here lol.

My folks are from Novi Sad in Serbia.
My mom’s father’s side is Hungarian, that area has significant Hungarian population.

I loved Budapest. I went with my buddies a while back and it was incredible.

Problem is I’m a small city man. You couldn’t pay me enough to go to NYC or LA haha, and London is the European version of those haha.

Reactions: super6646 and Kahvi

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I mean I'd rather be somewhere else now. It was -30 for couple of days here, only -25 today. Didnt go out for few days, and when I walked to the supermarket today my face really hurt.
We haven't had much cold at all this year, it's kinda weird

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
We haven't had much cold at all this year, it's kinda weird
There's this weird stuff going on, temperature's all over the globe are somewhat higher than average for this time. Except for Scandinavia, where it's a lot colder than average. I saw a good picture for this couple of days ago but cant find it now.

We had the first snow in early November and it's been below zero ever since.

edit: found it

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
There's this weird stuff going on, temperature's all over the globe are somewhat higher than average for this time. Except for Scandinavia, where it's a lot colder than average. I saw a good picture for this couple of days ago but cant find it now.

We had the first snow in early November and it's been below zero ever since.

edit: found it

that's really weird... God smiting your dancing prime minister? lol

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I was just making a joke about how ridiculous people caring about her dancing was, no more, no less lol
I can agree with this. The tabloids still like to write more about what she's doing, and not what the curernt government is doing. And they really should focus on the latter.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
My folks are from Novi Sad in Serbia.
My mom’s father’s side is Hungarian, that area has significant Hungarian population.

I loved Budapest. I went with my buddies a while back and it was incredible.

Problem is I’m a small city man. You couldn’t pay me enough to go to NYC or LA haha, and London is the European version of those haha.
Total opposite (at least as a tourist). Love seeing the big metropolis. Granted London does surprisingly feel different from other big cities in how clean it is (was pretty stark in comparison to Paris, let alone a nyc).

Budapest is definitely one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Loved getting views of the city on the hilly side on Buda. But there’s also some very seedy parts as well, and ofc there’s the ugly communist apartment blocks that stretch forever (though they weren’t really that bad to stay in, just sore on the eyes). Don’t think I’d go back there anytime soon, but who knows.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Total opposite (at least as a tourist). Love seeing the big metropolis. Granted London does surprisingly feel different from other big cities in how clean it is (was pretty stark in comparison to Paris, let alone a nyc).

Budapest is definitely one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Loved getting views of the city on the hilly side on Buda. But there’s also some very seedy parts as well, and ofc there’s the ugly communist apartment blocks that stretch forever (though they weren’t really that bad to stay in, just sore on the eyes). Don’t think I’d go back there anytime soon, but who knows.
I really enjoyed London and it was interesting for things to see, but I wasn't a huge fan of the food options/value there. I liked the food far better in Paris. I've never been elsewhere in Europe other than those two cities, but I'd love to go, especially in some smaller towns in UK and Paris to go along with the other countries out there. One day I guess, once the kids are older.

Random comment, but super city cleanliness wise, London isn't remotely close to somewhere like Tokyo. Tokyo is completely next level.

Last edited:

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Nice. I wasn't expecting my Pixel 8 Pro to ship until the 27th. It has just been shipped now! Got my tracking, waiting for it to update. Let's go.

Reactions: Fig

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Thinking about getting a smart watch that can take your blood pressure. Not sure how accurate, in that respect, those watches are. High bp has always been a big issue for me. I take multiple meds to keep it under control.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Thinking about getting a smart watch that can take your blood pressure. Not sure how accurate, in that respect, those watches are. High bp has always been a big issue for me. I take multiple meds to keep it under control.

They're not super accurate, but as long as it has a sort of baseline, it can give you an indication whether to rush over to a proper machine to get a more accurate BP.

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
1000000099.jpg
1000000098.jpg
1000000097.jpg

Using my climate rebate wisely, lmao.

Cannot wait to dive in. 🤩

joescores

Mar 21, 2011

I am from Slovakia, Slovakia is awesome mate. Great food, cheap drinks, the landscape and food are very vibrant & rich. People are very welcoming, capital is meh, girls are super sexy (boys too, whatever floats your boat). Many nice places to visit- national parks, mountains, great fishing in the summer. Great booze and 4 seasons. Ppl love hockey and soccer- main sports. Country has some great historic monuments. In terms of our Czech bros, I love Prague- awesome cosmopolitan place, best beer in the world, great, again , heavy meaty cuisine- roasted ducks, beef, pork, dumplings, heavy rich sauces, delicatesies, hundreds of historic places, sexy ppl. Nonstop on the binge, spent 3 months there this summer/autumn. Was awesome, went to watch many concerts, soccer and ice hockey games- booze everywhere, great shows, extatic ppl. Would recommend to go and enjoy visits in these 2 countries if you like a proper enjoyment that covers the full pitch. Just go.

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I am from Slovakia, Slovakia is awesome mate. Great food, cheap drinks, the landscape and food are very vibrant & rich. People are very welcoming, capital is meh, girls are super sexy (boys too, whatever floats your boat). Many nice places to visit- national parks, mountains, great fishing in the summer. Great booze and 4 seasons. Ppl love hockey and soccer- main sports. Country has some great historic monuments. In terms of our Czech bros, I love Prague- awesome cosmopolitan place, best beer in the world, great, again , heavy meaty cuisine- roasted ducks, beef, pork, dumplings, heavy rich sauces, delicatesies, hundreds of historic places, sexy ppl. Nonstop on the binge, spent 3 months there this summer/autumn. Was awesome, went to watch many concerts, soccer and ice hockey games- booze everywhere, great shows, extatic ppl. Would recommend to go and enjoy visits in these 2 countries if you like a proper enjoyment that covers the full pitch. Just go.
Great way to please the gal I’m with hahahahaha. Though you aren’t wrong my friend ;)

I’ve been to Slovakia once, maybe say 10-12 yrs ago. Only went for a day to one of the cities close to the Hungarian border (can’t recall the name unfortunately), but it was nice. Not on the intinerary this time I’m afraid.

Reactions: joescores

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
I would recommend a Garmin Watch, I have the 45mm instinct and it is great at tracking data.

You can connect it to your smartphone through the app. I would look into it if you’re in the market for a smartwatch to track your health.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad