OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 playoffs

ndkjr70

Jan 30, 2023
They almost played that 6 on 4 about as well as you can without scoring the empty netter.

I feel bad for Silovs, but Vancouver without Boeser are no threat at all. Vancouver without Boeser are worse than Boston and Boston was pretty lousy this year.

And yeah, Tocchet, what's so great about him? I know one thing that's great about him. One thing I can answer that he's great at.

He's great at being better than Travis Green.
If you can’t see the difference in Vancouver after they hired Rick Tocchet, that’s a you problem.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If you can’t see the difference in Vancouver after they hired Rick Tocchet, that’s a you problem.
Let's see what they look like next year

They're not a bad team. They're just not a cup contender. I refuse to believe Tocchet is the reason for their success.

Tocchet has an absurdly bad record before this year. It was so bad I'm surprised he got a third crack

And save me your ''Arizona tho'' because that's a you problem if you think Tocchet is the reason this team was good this year.

They were pretty good with Bruce when he took over from......Travis Green. Things just went pretty bad to start the next year. And Demko was hurt last year.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Stars in 6
Panthers in 6
I'm not super confident in the Panthers over the Rangers

However, I'm pretty confident that either of these Western Conference teams will beat them if they do advance past Florida.

I'm a little less optimistic on it being the Oilers for Skinner reasons against Shesterkin, but if Skinner can play some good goalie or they can get on a roll with Pickard, they can beat them as well.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Vancouver should be proud they made it this far after how awful they were the last few years. No Boeser for Game 7 is a big loss. Their offense struggled for such long stretches of play tonight. Their goaltending wasn't bad in the playoffs but only getting 1 game of Demko stings.

Quinn Hughes had a pretty good playoffs and should most likely win the Norris Trophy. Maybe that will be a sign of things to come for Luke.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020

However, I'm pretty confident that either of these Western Conference teams will beat them if they do advance past Florida.

I'm a little less optimistic on it being the Oilers for Skinner reasons against Shesterkin, but if Skinner can play some good goalie or they can get on a roll with Pickard, they can beat them as well.

If Bob doesn't sink Florida like Andersen sunk Carolina then there's no reason why the Panthers can't beat them. But I get the uneasiness of the goalies crapping out of NYR, just seems like they have the horseshoe up their butt whenever they're in the playoffs lol

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018

What did Edmonton do to really win you over thinking they can beat the Rags if they were to play each other ? Edmonton does look better and have a more balanced team than they have had over the years. They deserve to be in the Conference Finals but I can't see them beating Dallas. It's possible but I just don't see it.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If Bob doesn't sink Florida like Andersen sunk Carolina then there's no reason why the Panthers can't beat them. But I get the uneasiness of the goalies crapping out of NYR, just seems like they have the horseshoe up their butt whenever they're in the playoffs lol
Bob's last two games were his best these playoffs, but I don't know.

Still better than Andersen. Anything other than Skinner is better than current Andersen. I look around and I can't name many goalies on these playoff teams that are worse than the old, rickety, duct taped 2024 Andersen.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What did Edmonton do to really win you over thinking they can beat the Rags if they were to play each other ? Edmonton does look better and have a more balanced team than they have had over the years. They deserve to be in the Conference Finals but I can't see them beating Dallas. It's possible but I just don't see it.
McDrai

These guys can win you a round or more all by themselves and McDavid was quiet this round. He's due to come alive.

I said after they were eliminated last year that I think they'll win one of the next 3 cups, unless one of those guys aren't with the team anymore.

I think both those teams would beat the Rangers, but I wouldn't guarantee anything. Both teams could kill each other to the point where they're both missing a bunch of players by the end of next round. I don't think that will happen, but there's always the chance.

I still believe the Oilers will win one of the next 3 cups.

Skinner is the biggest question mark, as he's looked absolutely incompetent these playoffs, which is not something that any of the other three teams can say about their goalies. Bob has been okay, Oettinger has been solid and Igor has been a Conn Smythe candidate.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Bob's last two games were his best these playoffs, but I don't know.

Still better than Andersen. Anything other than Skinner is better than current Andersen. I look around and I can't name many goalies on these playoff teams that are worse than the old, rickety, duct taped 2024 Andersen.

That's the thing, right. Andersen LOOKED that bad that whole series and the Rangers were a game 7 away from an insane collapse if not for what he did in game 6. If Bob melts down, fair dues to what NYR does but I can't see Florida folding like the Canes did in Game 4 in the third period where they looked shellshocked and shellshocked to the point where they had a catastrophic meltdown in game 6.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That's the thing, right. Andersen LOOKED that bad that whole series and the Rangers were a game 7 away from an insane collapse if not for what he did in game 6. If Bob melts down, fair dues to what NYR does but I can't see Florida folding like the Canes did in Game 4 in the third period where they looked shellshocked and shellshocked to the point where they had a catastrophic meltdown in game 6.
Andersen is seriously the biggest joke of these playoffs. If I look at all the teams that made the playoffs and what goalie(s) they were running out there, I don't see too many inferior to the current, old, rickety, duct taped version of Andersen in 2024. Charlie Lindgren? I mean, he's a 30 year old goalie that's only just now in his second full season in the NHL.

If there was any Silovs, I think he just answered that. He could totally fall flat on his face next year because he hasn't played enough NHL games to really say. But until further notice I wouldn't put him below Andersen.

Georgiev? Eh, it's a maybe. I didn't think he looked THAT bad after game 1 against Winnipeg. Maybe he had a couple of stinkers against Dallas, but nothing too bad. The Avs looked cooked and were really flat the game after the Nichushkin stuff.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Sorry if this was already posted, but Jeff Veillette has accurately predicted the first two rounds of the playoffs, 12 rounds. Crazy.

I came really close one year. I think it was 2015.

My only blemish was picking Winnipeg over Anaheim in the first round. Winnipeg were swept by Anaheim in the first round.

Anaheim were the favorite, but they seemed to sometimes be good for an upsetting loss to an inferior team at the time.

I picked Colorado over Dallas last round. And I missed a couple in the first. Like Nashville over Vancouver. That was a real roll of the dice to me.

I also picked Winnipeg over Colorado for the Hellebuyck vs Georgiev factor. I instantly regretted that by game 2 and changed to Colorado will win the remainder of the games in the series and they did.

Reactions: Blackjack

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad