Other Domestic Leagues 2023/24

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Not even sure if I'm in the right thread, but I was looking at stuff on the net and came across air quality and I looked around the world, for however accurate it actually is, half of saudi arabia is 'very unhealthy' levels ... blehhh.
I been to a few 'old world' countries and most have just awful air, smells like a toilet.... I wonder how the high priced footballers are getting on with that :laugh:

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Its still early days and they are not the dominant force domestically as they used to be (but they still make some runs in Europe, Conference League semifinals last season) but FC Basel are second bottom in the Swiss league with 1 win in 6

Civetty

Jan 2, 2017
Its still early days and they are not the dominant force domestically as they used to be (but they still make some runs in Europe, Conference League semifinals last season) but FC Basel are second bottom in the Swiss league with 1 win in 6
That's a real likes for being Basel. Although it seems a lot of top teams in their domestic leagues struggles thus far.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
FB_IMG_1696222693495.jpg

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
No idea where to say this thread wise.

Going to a local college team footy match tonight... division 2 I believe? Couldn't care less what division it is, football is football and we get to see cross city rivalry tonight.... super pumped.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
I mentioned it a few weeks ago but Basel's struggles continue, bottom of the Swiss league, already sacked their manager three months into his tenure and Heiko Vogel is back being the interim manager + sporting director

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
From the Czech league this weekend :popcorn:

Broke the league goal record, previous record was 10 goals, which happened in 1995 and again in 2013 (9-1 and 5-5 respectively)

I recommend watching the highlights, some of the goals were quite nice from a shooting perspective, though the keepers were having a terrible night and one of them was even subbed out (it didn't help)

Last edited:

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
While Ajax and Lyon probably get more attention for their struggles, in Switzerland, Basel is in dead last, one win from 10 matches. Next week they play a direct rival and could be 7 points adrift of safety roughly a third into the season

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Can’t believe that’s the same Matejovsky who played for Reading a million years ago.

One of I think four 40+ players in the league, also including Hübschmann, who used to play for the national team (otherwise Shakhtar Donetsk was the peak of his club career). This weekend also broke the record for oldest player to play in the Czech league, my local side Bohemians' captain Josef Jindříšek, at 42 years, 8 months and 8 days.

• Wow
Reactions: Eye of Ra

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
@HajdukSplit why has Leko been fired??

Poor performances last few weeks, their latest home loss to Osijek they didn’t have shot on target. Offensively they are struggling big time and doesn’t help Livaja is in poor form. Hajduk traditionally are not patient with managers, 2013/14 was the last time somebody last the entire season

• Wow
Reactions: gary69 and maclean

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Poor performances last few weeks, their latest home loss to Osijek they didn’t have shot on target. Offensively they are struggling big time and doesn’t help Livaja is in poor form. Hajduk traditionally are not patient with managers, 2013/14 was the last time somebody last the entire season

Lol, that's an insane stat

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Another betting scandal is happening now in Romania as a player, Virgile Pinson (ex-Reims), intentionally got a yellow card when he found out he was being substituted. Before the match a woman placed a bet in the same city that he'd get a yellow. It's a cancer and it's spreading.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad